Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? (6328 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Beaf: 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2012
[size=14pt]What do your state an LG contribute to Nigeria and what have you done to ensure they contribute?[/size]

I am tired of hearing people complain forcefully about Nigeria, while absolving their state and local govts of any responsibility.
It is a shocking approach to our developmental problems.

First of all, in a federal system, ALL government units have a responsibility to generate wealth, representation, fulfilment and wellbeing for the citizens under their wing. However, in today’s Nigeria state and LG's do little more than collect money from the FG on a monthly basis.
The acceptance of this state of affairs by the citizenry is clearly a disgrace that points to exactly why we have so woefully failed to develop.

At the heart of the acceptance of the begging trail to Abuja is a gross misunderstanding of how a federal govt should function. This widespread misunderstanding can be laid firmly at the foot of years of traumatising military rule in which the head of state sat over the country as a great god from whom all things flowed.
It was in the interest of these great gods to sow chaos in the system to ensure that Nigeria was always there for them to milk.

So much energy has been concentrated on easy loot from oil that we have forgotten how to be creative and have become a people who exist as spongers and who only wish to become “better” spongers. Here is what creativity, honest sweat and determination have produced for the cities below that ALL make more money than the ENTIRE Nigeria:

Nigeria: GDP (PPP) 2009 estimate $341.572 billion
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2010/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?sy=2007&ey=2010&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=694&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=&pr.x=38&pr.y=14

Tokyo (Japan) $ 1479 billion
New York City (United States) $ 1406 billion
Los Angeles (United States) $ 792 billion
Chicago (United States) $ 574 billion
London (United Kingdom) $ 565 billion
Paris (France) $ 564 billion
Osaka (Japan) $ 417 billion
Mexico City (Mexico) $ 390 billion
Philadelphia (United States) $ 388 billion
São Paulo (Brazil) $ 388 billion
Washington D.C. (United States) $ 375 billion
Boston (United States) $ 363 billion
Buenos Aires (Argentina) $ 362 billion

Here are two power plants owned by local governments in the UK. These damn things are not owned by the British govt, but by LG's:

SELCHP (35MW) – Lewisham and Southwark Councils

Greenwich Power Station (117MW) – Standby power station for Greater London

Many of us were out rioting for #Occupy, whereas our states and LG's are rotting edifices with no purpose, outside an awuf scramble.
[size=14pt]WHAT HAVE YOU DONE OR ARE YOU PREPARED TO DO TO MAKE OUR STATES AND LG'S PRODUCTIVE?[/size] angry

1 Like

Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by MrGlobe(m): 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2012
Nothing.... Atleast until you tell me what good your puppet master GEJ has done for Nigeria and how you want to make him perform

1 Like

Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Beaf: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2012
I expect most NLer's to avoid this topic like the plague, because many of us are not willing to introspect when we are the problem.

If I had mentioned ethnic groups, the place would have been full of despicable critters string to prove that their ethnicity is "better." That is the bane of Nigeria, everybody scrambling for a peace of the cake, but nobody willing to roll their sleeves up for a days work.
That sort would label anybody a fool if they did the right thing and blockaded their LG's bosses office, or the office of their awuf loving phuck of a governor.

What is wrong with some of us?
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Beaf: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Nothing.... Atleast until you tell me what good your puppet master GEJ has done for Nigeria and how you want to make him perform

Nothing?
This is the reply expected of an awuf luv'n phuck. Ride on, bruv.

1 Like

Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Beaf: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2012
At the rate people like Mr Globe are going, it would a UN resolution to get their awuf loving LG boss and state governor of their hairy arses to actually work for those whom they represent.
Why are many Nigerians so ignorant to the point of intellectual and moral immolation?
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by kunlekunle: 6:18am On Mar 16, 2012
you can come up with a proposal.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
[size=38pt]ILEKE IDI!!!![/size]

THAT EKITI STATE Yoruba GIRL!!!!!!

[size=38pt]BLUETOOTH!!!!!!!!![/size]

THAT Yoruba BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OYA!! Answer
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by bittyend(m): 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
[size=20pt]@BEAF

WHAT DOES YOUR URHOBO TRIBE CONTRIBUTES TO NIGERIA? NOTHING!!

STOP CLAIMING THE OIL THAT BELONGS TO THE ILAJES, ITSEKIRIS AND IJAWS!!!!
[/size]
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by bittyend(m): 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
@BEAF

WHAT DOES YOUR URHOBO TRIBE CONTRIBUTES TO NIGERIA NOTHING!!

STOP CLAIMING THE OIL THAT BELONGS TO THE ILAJES, ITSEKIRIS AND IJAWS!!!!
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by omar22(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2012
Why do I sense that this is another Igbo v Yoruba thread!!!!
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by AZeD1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
Immediately i saw the headline, i knew it was beaf that started this.
Beaf question to you
What has the President done to ensure that each state is productive?

1 Like

Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Afam4eva(m): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
The FG does not encourage LG and states to be independent. That's why people like us have been calling for the change in structure of Nigeria by adopting true federalism. That way regions, states and local councils will be self-sufficient. They can't do that in a system that encourages the father christmas approach of sharing the wealth of the nation. I believe that just about any state or local government can carve a niche for themselves and be self-sufficient instead of relying on money from Abuja.

I also think that when we keep making statement like "what does your nation" contribute we should not only think that it's oil producing states that contribute something because the oil does not produce itself. It's skilled individuals that work day in day our to make sure those materials are processed. We also have the banking, education, MDG's and other sectors that are contributing their own quota. Cities like lagos, Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi and towns like Agbara, Emene and so on have also contributed their own quota. Let's not always dwell on oil oil oil.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by AjanleKoko: 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2012
This is a hypocritical thread jare.
Why doesn't the government at the centre allow the states to empower themselves, stop rigging every election to put their cronies in charge, and see if we won't see development.
Beaf, abeg go siddon jare. This one na hypocritical gbagaun.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Joey82(m): 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2012
my state contributes food! food!! and food!!!.
my local govt is the highest orange producer in naija.
this is the kinda answers i expect. not some tribal war again.
hw i ensure they contribute?
everybody is self motivated and well aware of the fact that there's no food for a lazy man.
so, we all pik our hoes and go to farm, under the scorching sun and inside the torrential rain, we just dig it.
too bad some paht phucks sit else where and just buy our hard labor so cheaply.....sucks to sell 100 tubers of yams at jusst 5k, think abt it,
its not easy energy to construct 100 heaps....
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Godmann(m): 5:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
Beaf: [size=14pt]What do your state an LG contribute to Nigeria and what have you done to ensure they contribute?[/size]

I am tired of hearing people complain forcefully about Nigeria, while absolving their state and local govts of any responsibility.
It is a shocking approach to our developmental problems.

First of all, in a federal system, ALL government units have a responsibility to generate wealth, representation, fulfilment and wellbeing for the citizens under their wing. However, in today’s Nigeria state and LG's do little more than collect money from the FG on a monthly basis.
The acceptance of this state of affairs by the citizenry is clearly a disgrace that points to exactly why we have so woefully failed to develop.

At the heart of the acceptance of the begging trail to Abuja is a gross misunderstanding of how a federal govt should function. This widespread misunderstanding can be laid firmly at the foot of years of traumatising military rule in which the head of state sat over the country as a great god from whom all things flowed.
It was in the interest of these great gods to sow chaos in the system to ensure that Nigeria was always there for them to milk.

So much energy has been concentrated on easy loot from oil that we have forgotten how to be creative and have become a people who exist as spongers and who only wish to become “better” spongers. Here is what creativity, honest sweat and determination have produced for the cities below that ALL make more money than the ENTIRE Nigeria:

Nigeria: GDP (PPP) 2009 estimate $341.572 billion
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2010/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?sy=2007&ey=2010&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=694&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=&pr.x=38&pr.y=14

Tokyo (Japan) $ 1479 billion
New York City (United States) $ 1406 billion
Los Angeles (United States) $ 792 billion
Chicago (United States) $ 574 billion
London (United Kingdom) $ 565 billion
Paris (France) $ 564 billion
Osaka (Japan) $ 417 billion
Mexico City (Mexico) $ 390 billion
Philadelphia (United States) $ 388 billion
São Paulo (Brazil) $ 388 billion
Washington D.C. (United States) $ 375 billion
Boston (United States) $ 363 billion
Buenos Aires (Argentina) $ 362 billion

Here are two power plants owned by local governments in the UK. These damn things are not owned by the British govt, but by LG's:

SELCHP (35MW) – Lewisham and Southwark Councils

Greenwich Power Station (117MW) – Standby power station for Greater London

Many of us were out rioting for #Occupy, whereas our states and LG's are rotting edifices with no purpose, outside an awuf scramble.
[size=14pt]WHAT HAVE YOU DONE OR ARE YOU PREPARED TO DO TO MAKE OUR STATES AND LG'S PRODUCTIVE?[/size] angry

Beaf, you got this information from a documented record from the American state. Can you please as a Nigeria get same from the Nigeria state that has been your darling?

Are you not ashamed that you can get this information about a country that is not yours whereas you know nothing about your own fatherland?

Tell us; ears open; waiting!!!
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
Oya all the Abokis in the House lets hear from you and your states, because everybody knows what the SS and SE contibutes to Nigeria. cool
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by ismhab(m): 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2012
My Borno state is contributing boko haram.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by wehla(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ondo state is self sustaining in everything, both in human and natural resources. So also s/west region
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by bakila: 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2012
kayci_d77: Oya all the Abokis in the House lets hear from you and your states, because everybody knows what the SS and SE contibutes to Nigeria. cool
Here is an Ibo man trying to claim what he has not. Mention your state and what the state contributes. You know that thw Aboki feed this nation and have provided energy for her. Eventhough bad governance has hit all section of the country. Beaf is talking about Governor not the President. If PDP will not Patience for Money Laundaring the Governors will continue to kill our states endowement by going to Abuja to recieve money.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by musiwa43: 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2012
Beaf list what is produce from your part of nigeria in the east. This is why I told you, it is hard for the east to secede. Compare with the North and West. Can you see where the problem will be.

North produce

Nigeria Largest producer of meat
Nigeria Largest producer of Yam
Nigeria Largest producer of Rice,
Nigeria Largest producer of cowpea
Nigeria largest producer of Bean top ten in the world
Nigeria largest producer of soyaBean
Nigeria largest producer of tomato
Nigeria largest producer of cotton
Nigeria largest producer of groundnut top ten in the world
Nigeria largest producer of Wheat
Nigeria largest producer of gum arabic
Nigeria Largest producer of Sesame Seeds
Nigeria Largest producer of Kolanut top ten in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of Bitter Kola
Nigeria Largest producer of Garlic

Nigeria Second Largest produce of Orange
Nigeria Second Largest producer of sweet yam
Nigeria Second Largest producer of cassava
Nigeria Second Largest producer of Banana
Nigeria Second Largest producer of Plantain
Nigeria Second Largest producer of Rubber
Nigeria Second Largest producer of fruit
Nigeria Second Largest producer of tobaco
Nigeria Second Largest producer of cashew
Nigeria Second Largest producer of coffee
Nigeria Second Largest producer of Sesame Seeds

Nigeria Second Largest producer of Ginger

What the Yorubas produce

Nigeria Largest producer of Orange , 9th in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of sweet yam, 6th in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of garri, 1st in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of cassava, 2th in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of Cocoa, 3th in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of Banana, 3th in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of Plantain , 4th in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of palm wine, 6th in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of Chicken , 24th in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of melon , not sure in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of Rubber , top ten in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of fruit , not sure in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of timber, top ten in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of tobaco , top ten in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of cashew , not sure in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of coffee , top ten in the world
Nigeria Largest producer of Corn

Where Yorubas are Second largest producer

Second largest producer of Palm oil, ,

Nigeria second largest producer of Bean ,
Nigeria second largest producer of yam ,
Nigeria second largest producer of soyaBean ,
Nigeria second largest producer of corn

Nigeria second largest producer of tomato
Nigeria second largest producer of cotton
Nigeria second largest producer of groundnut
Nigeria second largest producer of Wheat
Nigeria second largest producer of gum arabic
Nigeria second Largest producer of Sesame Seeds
Nigeria second Largest producer of Kolanut
Nigeria second Largest producer of Bitter Kola
Nigeria second Largest producer of Garlic

East

Nigeria Largest producer of palm oil
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by chucky234(m): 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2012
In Delta state we contribute petroleum,while my local government contribute oil as well as agricultural produce.
Shey dat one no do, oya make we hear from una
umu nna the floor dey open,tell us wetin ina dey contribute. Some states na to dey produce corrupt politicians wey go dey theif our money carry go develop them states.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Joey82(m): 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
musiwa u are such a cheap liar, where is orange produced in the west that makes the west the highest producer of orange in naija?
sweet yam is produced in benue, niger and taraba, the yam production in the west is scarcely in commercial quantity.
palm wine is produced more in the east than any other part of naija, i wonder if they even have palm trees in the west, for the time i was there, i didnt see any much
largest producer of garri? apart from ijebu garri that is smacked mostly arroung the west, what other kinda garri do u produce? the garri that is consumed at other parts of naija and the world is definitely not from ijebu/yoruba land.
I dont need ay schooling on these facts
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by musiwa43: 6:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
kwara state is Nigeria largest producer of sweet yam. Go and find out. What do you think they do in Oyo state, Oyo state is nigeria largest producer of Orange my friend. All the garri you eat , 90% is from Yoruba people. They colour the garri and call it Igbo garri. What do you think, they do in the over nearly 6000 towns in Yorubaland.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by bittyend(m): 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ Joey82

Oil palm trees that produces palm kernels used for palm oil don't produce palm wine. Why are some Nigerians stupidly dumb?? Palmyra, and Coconut palms produces palm wine - and those trees are more in SW than any other region in Nigeria.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by BigBenoski(m): 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
Hmn..my abia? Where do i start? Ok,rigt nw sm of u r propably in some cool wears with 'next','feragamo'...labels....na my aba boys run those package. Ur laptop bags nko? Granite, palm oil...abeg my fingers r weak already.damn! I almost forgot our crude. 2 b continued...
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by niddamugu(m): 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2012
musiwa,,.:
Beaf list what is produce from your part of nigeria in the east. This is why I told you, it is hard for the east to secede. Compare with the North and West. Can you see where the problem will be.

bla
bla
bla
bla
bla

My friend, stop quoting book here. How many farmers do we have when everyone is in Abuja scampering for a share of the Niger/Delta oil money?
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by BigBenoski(m): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2012
bittyend: @ Joey82

Oil palm trees that produces palm kernels used for palm oil don't produce palm wine. Why are some Nigerians stupidly dumb?? Palmyra, and Coconut palms produces palm wine - and those trees are more in SW than any other region in Nigeria.
damn! Dude,stop advertising ur ignorance. Its d same palm trees dat produce palm wine..d only difference is d fact dat d palmwine tapping activities prevent them from fruiting. However, thr r abt 2 types of palmwine(in d east)...d 1 tapped 4rm d normal palm tree(nkwu elu, which is d best of them all) and another got from some other palm plant called 'ngwo'.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Beaf: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2012
So far, many responses have been quite close to the definition of id!otic.
There are people actually making excuses for their states, saying the GEJ should actually do stuff to get their governors thinking creatively. That position is one of a scrounger and lazy phuck.

I would love to hear from the people holding that embarrassing position what they actually think their governors and LG booses duties are.

There is a vehicle assembly/manufacturing plant at Nnewi and an oil refinery/drilling business (Orient - first raw material to finished product industry in Nigeria). Did GEJ need to do anything to make these things posible? I am not from Anambra, but as far as I am concerned, it is the only state in the country whose citizens are on the right track to actually contributing their worth to the country.

What do YOU plan to do?
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by Beaf: 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2012
AjanleKoko: This is a hypocritical thread jare.
Why doesn't the government at the centre allow the states to empower themselves, stop rigging every election to put their cronies in charge, and see if we won't see development.
Beaf, abeg go siddon jare. This one na hypocritical gbagaun.

My guy, this is escapist na.
What sort of thing does the FG need to do to make a state governor or LG boss create industries in their domain?

We cry a lot about true federalism, and it is a legitimate cry. However, what is there to make a state that is unproductive suddenly become productive with the advent of true federalism? I don't see anything; what is required is wholesale cultural reorientation to enable people realise that they can actually generate much more wealth locally than the FG ever can. When we acheive that then states would actually be self sufficient and in a position to reject any FG money as belittling beggars money (as happens in the US).

The sad truth is that Nigeria has been overtaken by a culture of indolence. Check out the number of cities that make more money than Nigeria and tell me the fault is not Nigerian culture.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by FlyboyZee: 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
Well Beaf, Why is everyone avoiding your questions? Maybe its because, they know their states are nothing but parasites on the wealth of other states.

I am from Bayelsa and my state contributes a lot of oil revenue which Naija has been exploiting to no end without any recourse to what we the Bayelsans stands to gain or loose. This is actually not fair o and I know God will punish all those mallams that made our country like this.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by gregg2: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2012
Beaf is very right.
Re: What Do Your State An LG Contribute To Nigeria And What Have You Done To Ensure They Contribute? by chuksikem(m): 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
@flyboy,

dude quit blaming the mallams for your woes...its not their fault you have very incompetent leaders...go check how much your little state has gotten from the FAAC acct,13%derivation ..and the numerous IGR..gotten from multi companies operating in that area from 1999-date..it is mind blowing.your leaders are just daylight thieves...bayelsa should be competing with the likes of dubai and suncity if those thieving governors atleast invested 60% of the money in that state.

@topic

My state ANAMBRA STATE..light of the entire black nation is the headquarters of industries..from vehicle,motor-cycle,breweries..etc..all manner of industries are sited in that noble state....we export various agricultural products chief among them being palm oil...we also have abundant crude oil and other petroleum products...oops...and the first privately built refinery...orient petroleum is sited in my pacesetter state..not to mention the millions of responsible and pace setting individuals from my state contributing to the growth of nigeria and the entire human race....my hand don dey pain me self...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AASU Disowns Bode George, Says No Plan To Honour Him / Current Pics Of Three Flyovers In Awka Debunking False pic Posted By Mynaijainfo / Efcc Discovers World's Costliest Toilets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.