Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,659 members, 7,958,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road (7739 Views)

Thousands Escape Death As JTF Intercept Bombs Concealed In Food Flask / Boko-Haram Militants Flood Gombe, Bauchi / Chadian Arrested With Bombs & Ammunition At Ojora In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by manchy7531: 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
Nigerian Soldiers 'Intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-Bauchi Road
Posted: March 15, 2012 - 05:48

By Saharareporters, New York
A car loaded with Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) by suspected Boko Haram sect members was this night intercepted in Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi State.
The sect militants were reportedly traveling with the assembled IEDs to an undisclosed location in Bauchi from Gombe State.
The Information Officer of the local government, Muazu Haruna confirmed that the bomb laden car was intercepted at the check point.
“The soldiers stopped them, and there was no chance they could speed past them. When one of the soldiers popped open the boot, the driver and other persons took off upon sensing danger. The soldiers ran after them, but they somehow escaped.”
Muazu added that the main road has been blocked, and the car sealed as the anti-bomb police unit from Bauchi State Police Command was expected on the scene to help defuse the IEDs.
The paramount traditional ruler of the area has visited the scene.
The Nigerian Army had in February announced the relocation of 3rd Amoured Division Nigerian Army, Jos to Gombe, stating that, “following the intractable security situation in the North-East region of the country, army headquarters recently ordered the GOC to move the division’s tactical headquarters to Gombe to properly coordinate and fight the activities of criminals within the region. The General Officer on relocation to Gombe went on a tour of the area of responsibility during which he warned that the division would not condone any act of criminality within the area. He added that those who think they could challenge the division would be decisively dealt with.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by manchy7531: 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2012
It's unbelievable that those suspects could beat our armed security men effordlessly. Surprisingly, there was no single gun shot. The incident should be thoroughly investigated

surely the escapee bombers will die another day.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2012
OMG, I really do not know that the Nigerian Soldiers are these lazy shocked Men sitting "relaxed" in a vehicle got up and outran soldiers that are supposed to be at alert at a check point grin very funny
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by dustydee: 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2012
But they can shoot innocent civilians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by ayusman16(m): 8:44am On Mar 16, 2012
If they are nabbed then they are Christians trying to bomb churches but if they escape or succeed they are Muslims.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 16, 2012
This is a sad news. They should have caught them, dead or alive
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Okijajuju1(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2012
Ihejirikas Army!!

No wonder they couldnt contain the re-uprisinng of mend.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by alex406(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2012
I thought they are more efficient than police. Anyway their cup is yet to full,when it is finally filled up,they will smell hell.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Coefficient(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2012
Same old story as usual, they always escape. #smh
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Joooo(m): 8:58am On Mar 16, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] :oi has never bin had of this country that a civilian wil out run a soldier on opration with arms and ammor, see my fellow Nigerian am talkin from xpirience those guys bought there way out . Or somebody has called somebody to order the soldier to free them, they did nt escape as announce the army is all about obeyin the last order. We can not be decive that was an inside job take it or live it. Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Joooo(m): 9:05am On Mar 16, 2012
[i][/i]
not even one or them was caught, let be sencible they cud nt hide the car after letin them go that was why they planned to say ohh they manage to xcape. Wht did the rule of engagement say, shout at sight nt capture or take hostage. Think Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 16, 2012
N-I-G-E-R-I-A we hail thee. Na today. Even d military wan use disguise come back to power. D entire System as been compromised. All i can say is we need a Sovereign Conference fast to dissolve this Entity called Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 16, 2012
Jooo o: [color=#990000][/color] :oi has never bin had of this country that a civilian wil out run a soldier on opration with arms and ammor, see my fellow Nigerian am talkin from xpirience those guys bought there way out . Or somebody has called somebody to order the soldier to free them, they did nt escape as announce the army is all about obeyin the last order. We can not be decive that was an inside job take it or live it. Gbam

Can't blame those soldiers though. The soldiers have families that could be targeted in retaliation. Boko Haram and their backerd are more powerful than a handful of check-point soldiers.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by baslone: 9:20am On Mar 16, 2012
Since the criminals ran away, please can we see the pictures of the vehicle loaded with bombs?

Story!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by gistme24(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2012
How many soldioers were at the check point? How many men will it take to open the boot of a car ? What were the other men doing while d car was being searched? Somethign aint right here.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by zulk12(f): 9:31am On Mar 16, 2012
gistme24: How many soldioers were at the check point? How many men will it take to open the boot of a car ? What were the other men doing while d car was being searched? Somethign aint right here.
Ask dem.. same old story
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Killcabal(m): 9:43am On Mar 16, 2012
@@ gistme24...the other sojas are checking a trailer full of malu's (cows).nigeria go better soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by betrani(m): 9:56am On Mar 16, 2012
the lie in the story is obvious!! hw would you tell me that as an armed soldier I stop a car believed to be bomb ladened and In my attempt to get the occupants to say what they know about the bombs, then they take to their heels and escape! what is my gun meant for? I am sure those soldiers collected a token to allow these criminals escape! u can't just present a pale statement that they suspects "somehow escaped" this kind lie sef
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by jesse8048(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2012
gistme24: How many soldioers were at the check point? How many men will it take to open the boot of a car ? What were the other men doing while d car was being searched? Somethign aint right here.

If u ask me whom wil I ask, may be all d soldiers opened d boot same time. Idiots fooling themselves
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Jabioro: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2012
Another fathom story!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2012
The soldiers lie, and the lives of hundreds of innocent nigerians are again jeopardised. A penny is worth more than the life of a Nigerian!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by czay(m): 10:37am On Mar 16, 2012
Only God knows the truth...
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by badmrkt(m): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2012
hmmm....yet another cock and bull story.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by gegee(m): 10:56am On Mar 16, 2012
athink dem still dey with the car. if a proper investigation is done they can find out in whose name the car was registered and how his car was being used to transport explosives
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by daroz(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2012
This story does not add up. How can civilians outrun soilders in a situation like this? Even if they couldnt pursue them, their gun uko? Not even one was shot or caught, na wa o
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by emmysam2: 11:23am On Mar 16, 2012

You can say that again! Abi dem use juju disappear? Make them leave me with their lie o jare.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by creativino: 11:29am On Mar 16, 2012
Old story!!!

Let assume that what the sojas said was truth. They can still investigate the vehicle particulars and plate number code! Lol!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by oiseworld: 11:52am On Mar 16, 2012
i am one of those who never surpported the removal of policemen from the high ways. This boko harams are tring to smuggle ammunitions and bombs in, and the IG is an accomplice.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by FrankC3: 11:56am On Mar 16, 2012
First and foremost, this release wans't from Nigerian Army, rather from a 'sahara reporter' who happened to be at the scene of the incident 'at night'. Secondly, sahara reporter has been known to report lies before.
We should be able to look at a story critically and consider the source of the story before believing it.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by Pakavy(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2012
d army wuldnt say anyting cos the r trylng to face save..blive me afta d 63NA got retired,d army has turned to something else,imagine a dwarf soldier at a checkpoint wit an AK47 allmost his height.who wan shoot who abi how him wan pursue sect member?!
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by rabzy01: 12:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
Explosives-laden car intercepted in Bauchi

Written by Ahmed Mohammed, Bauchi Thursday, 15 March 2012 05:00

Security operatives at a checkpoint in Alkaleri Local Government Area of Bauchi State have intercepted a car loaded with explosives along the Gombe-Bauchi Road.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Hassan Mohammed, said, “we received the information but we don’t have details. We are waiting for information from the Alkaleri Divisional Police Officer.”

But the Information Officer of Alkaleri Local Government Council, Malam Mu’azu Juji, said in a telephone interview that, “security men were on operation stop and search along the Gombe-Bauchi Road in Alkaleri town when a Volkswagen car approached the post.

“A soldier was about checking the vehicle, a Golf car, with registration number AA 158 GMB from Adamawa but to his surprise, saw the booth of the car opened.

“He accosted the owners on why the booth was open but before the soldier and his colleagues could realise it, the occupants of the vehicle had opened the door of the car and run into a nearby bush.

“But due to the large number of civilians within the scene of the incident, the security men could not open fire but pursued the hoodlums and fired shots into the air and later returned to the vehicle.’’

There was panic in the area as motorists scampered for safety. A top security source in Bauchi told Daily Trust that “we have prevented them (the suspects) from going to where they intended to go.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=157189:explosives-laden-car-intercepted-in-bauchi&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road by blaKKy83(f): 12:51pm On Mar 16, 2012
de always escape.........SMH angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIN: Only 11 Computers Functional In Taraba / SERAP Writes Lawan, Gbajabiamila Over ‘Fresh Missing ₦4.1Bn NASS Funds’ / Buhari To Jonathan: I Have Never Stolen Public Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.