Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? (21114 Views)

99 Names Of Allah And Their Benefits (good For Your Prayer) / Allahu Written On A Rock In Osogbo (pics) / 'Allahu' Inscription Appears On The Ground In Idumota. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by Horlazuncanmi(m): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
If Allahu truely means God then who is Allah?
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
Allah= Allahu= The god:
Allahu akbar= God is great
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by LagosShia: 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2012
it is just arabic pronunciation in different contexts.

the word "Allah" is used mainly when read alone as a single word.the words "Allahu" is mostly when pronounced in the middle of a sentence among other words in a way of continuation.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by NegroNtns(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
It is actually ALLA! The Arabs, in order to distinguish their practice from that of the idol worshippers who also use the same term ALLA to call on GOD, added the "H" to act as a differentiator.

To answer the topic, I will write it the way you have it, ALLAH. ALLAH is the infinite, beyond comprehension and divinely separate attribute of GOD. ALLAH is GOD the unseen, unheard, untouchable, unknown!

The HU at the end is the manifestation of ALLA in the cosmos. . . the river, mountains, earth, wind, and everything else that draws you to say 'wow, GOD is Great". Anytime your senses perceive a physical energy that wows you and make you gasp in awe of the presence and manginificence of ALLAH, then you are exalting his throne (Arsh) in HU. . . ALLAHU!
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by Maisuya1: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
Negro_Ntns: It is actually ALLA! The Arabs, in order to distinguish their practice from that of the idol worshippers who also use the same term ALLA to call on GOD, added the "H" to act as a differentiator.

To answer the topic, I will write it the way you have it, ALLAH. ALLAH is the infinite, beyond comprehension and divinely separate attribute of GOD. ALLAH is GOD the unseen, unheard, untouchable, unknown!

The HU at the end is the manifestation of ALLA in the cosmos. . . the river, mountains, earth, wind, and everything else that draws you to say 'wow, GOD is Great". Anytime your senses perceive a physical energy that wows you and make you gasp in awe of the presence and manginificence of ALLAH, then you are exalting his throne (Arsh) in HU. . . ALLAHU!
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by maclatunji: 9:41am On Apr 27, 2012
Mai-suya:

LOL, Hocus-Pocus?
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by NegroNtns(m): 2:36am On May 02, 2012
He is correct for wondering. There are certain things that one ought not to reveal in a public forum and what I said was one of them. It is not appropriate for this audience.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by tbaba1234: 3:55am On May 02, 2012
Negro_Ntns: He is correct for wondering. There are certain things that one ought not to reveal in a public forum and what I said was one of them. It is not appropriate for this audience.

No, you said absolute nonsense!! that's why! with all due respect

Is H an arabic letter?.... What does H have to do anything?? The english language did not even exist at the time of the quranic revelation::: The Jews, christians and pagan idols all used the same name for God ALLAH .... The spelling in Arabic has always been the same and will always remain the same.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by NegroNtns(m): 3:22pm On May 02, 2012
tbaba1234:

No, you said absolute nonsense!! that's why! with all due respect

Is H an arabic letter?.... What does H have to do anything?? The english language did not even exist at the time of the quranic revelation::: The Jews, christians and pagan idols all used the same name for God ALLAH .... The spelling in Arabic has always been the same and will always remain the same.

Then why use latin letters to write ALLAH? The point is not about literary analysis of the word but the spiritual meaning of the name. If you ask a 10yr old this same question they will tell you the letter "H" is the difference. Thats far too simple an answer than the question is intended to uncover.

If you step away from the letters and the language but concentrate on the tone, universlly ALLA is the truth. To give you a better illustration of this consider the word "MA". Mama, mammy, mami, umma, . . . these are all words for mother. But if I say what is the difference between mama and Eve would you answer by saying they are different women? Spiritually, mama is Eve and Eve is mama. The topic had intent in spirituality and not in literal meaning of ALLAH.

[/quote]
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by tbaba1234: 3:29pm On May 02, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Then why use latin letters to write ALLAH? The point is not about literary analysis of the word but the spiritual meaning of the name. If you ask a 10yr old this same question they will tell you the letter "H" is the difference. Thats far too simple an answer than the question is intended to uncover.

If you step away from the letters and the language but concentrate on the tone, universlly ALLA is the truth. To give you a better illustration of this consider the word "MA". Mama, mammy, mami, umma, . . . these are all words for mother. But if I say what is the difference between mama and Eve would you answer by saying they are different women? Spiritually, mama is Eve and Eve is mama. The topic had intent in spirituality and not in literal meaning of ALLAH.

You just made no sense:

The word is still pronounced the same way, it always has!! The spelling in the english language is not significant because that is not the language of transmission of the message.

The word is pronounced according to its arabic spelling so ALLA or Allah in english does not matter.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by NegroNtns(m): 7:25pm On May 02, 2012
tbaba1234:

You just made no sense:

The word is still pronounced the same way, it always has!! The spelling in the english language is not significant because that is not the language of transmission of the message.

The word is pronounced according to its arabic spelling so ALLA or Allah in english does not matter.

The correct pronounciation is ALLA! This knowledge and pronounciation of name of GOD did not start with Muslims or with Muhammad, it preceeded him. The prayer ritual of muslims did not start with Muhammad, it preceeded him. The Prophet (SAWS) modified the words and the rituals to create differentiation so that the ways of the muslims is distinct from that of the polytheists in Mecca. I cant understand why we speak of Arabic and prayer as if it began with Muhammad and Islam, it did not. God said he made him recite the revelations of QURAN IN HIS PEOPLE'S TONGUE. Who were his people? The same people that were polytheists! What was their tongue? The same tongue the Quran is revealed in. I dont follow dogmas. . .I bring out the truth!
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by tbaba1234: 8:53pm On May 02, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

The correct pronounciation is ALLA! This knowledge and pronounciation of name of GOD did not start with Muslims or with Muhammad, it preceeded him. The prayer ritual of muslims did not start with Muhammad, it preceeded him. The Prophet (SAWS) modified the words and the rituals to create differentiation so that the ways of the muslims is distinct from that of the polytheists in Mecca. I cant understand why we speak of Arabic and prayer as if it began with Muhammad and Islam, it did not. God said he made him recite the revelations of QURAN IN HIS PEOPLE'S TONGUE. Who were his people? The same people that were polytheists! What was their tongue? The same tongue the Quran is revealed in. I dont follow dogmas. . .I bring out the truth!

In Islam whenever you make a statement, you have to produce a daleel (evidence). you have to be careful about making statements about the prophet that are false.

Actually, the salat as it is DID start with Muhammad (SAW) Every messenger came with their own sharia (way)....

Some of the rituals at the kaaba started from prophet Ibrahim (AS) and Ismail(AS) and were retained.

This has nothing to do with the name of God.... The name of Allah was not modified to suit anyone.... Jews that lived in the area use the same name for Allah and still do today.

The arabic letters are still the same and it is made of up

Alif, Lam, HaĆ¢

That sounds more like Allah

Please saying things you have no knowledge of!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by sino(m): 2:07am On May 05, 2012
This is really funny. Negro_ntns please dont get it twisted, Allah and Allahu are the same. If i properly want to understand you, then i'll say that your argument about 'H' should have been the arabic letter 'ha' which is also used as a pronoun alone or with an attached 'wa' pronounced 'Huwa' which means 'he/him/his'(depending the context). I once learnt about the suffis claim about the use of this letter/word, but there is no substantiated proof from the Qur'an and sunnah, its classified as one of the "ilm batiny"(hidden knowledge). Has Tbaba said, proofs are important, without authentic proof; my brother no way dia.
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by Ptolomeus(m): 4:18pm On May 07, 2012
I can not believe what is being discussed ...
undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between ALLAH And ALLAHU? by maclatunji: 6:06pm On May 07, 2012
Ptolomeus: I can not believe what is being discussed ...
undecided

LOL

(1) (Reply)

Occult Activities Of The Jinn. / Sayings and Stories Of The Salaf / Breaking!chief Imam Of Abuja Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.