Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? (31051 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for Second River Niger Bridge?

Second River Niger Bridge Model 1: 24% (6 votes)
Second River Niger Bridge Model 2: 32% (8 votes)
Second River Niger Bridge Model 3: 12% (3 votes)
Second River Niger Bridge Model 4: 32% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Cargo Hijack; One Of The Reasons Ships Dont Port At onne / Biafra Agitators Burn Two Trailers At Onitsha Head Bridge (Pics) / HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by kizito96(m): 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
We are used to this old news
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by marjo: 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
Second niger bridge again .... i am tired of this issue that like a bad penny wont go away. in my opinion, this 2nd bridge issue has become the carrot that all govts dangle before the igbos and they too keep falling for it. cant the governors of the region collaborate and do it e.g on a BOT arrangement, place a toll on it to recoup part of their investment, and then badger the FGN for a refund of state money on a federal(?) project. i pray i see that bridge constructed in my lift time embarassed As for the issue of dredging i must say that the dudu negro guy has a point - it'll amaze you how waterway issues cause friction between countries. i cant remember which country wanted to the Nile and Egypt threatened war over it shocked
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by tlops(m): 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
just like 4th mainland bridge.
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Martmore: 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
@afam4eva and bliss4life, gbachie onye iberibe a ana akpo aljharem nkiti.Somebody is talking about how to erect and infrastructure that would bring a lot of benefit to nigerians and all he does is to poke his nose in igbo thread
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2012
I voted for the 2nd model. One thing is that, can the people manage it with constant maintenance of the mechanical actuators that lift both arms of the bridge? I would opt for something different, like suspension cable bridge.
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by aryzgreat: 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
The south east govnors forum shud put head together to ensure dis bridge and akanu ibiam int'l airport are speedily put in place, infact Rochas shud be made the chairman of south east govnor's forum, he has fore sight, peter obi is too slow for my liking, up till now orient refinery is yet to start exploration and refining. We need vibrant leaders that can turn south east around. We av the technical man power in south east. I was at ladipo last week, see wia my ppl are showing their ingenuity, wot stops peter obi frm earmarking a vast area of land and name it auto engineering layout? I bet u, diff car models will spring up frm there within 3yrs.
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by fortran12: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2012
let them build first, then ppl shld start talking, ppl's happiness should not be triggered by promises but accomplishments
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Yujin(m): 10:20pm On Apr 13, 2012
Imagine nigeria's former president made a fool of himself by laying the foundation of project which he never intended to construct. Someday, these projects shall be accomplished to the benefit of the black race. The economy of the south east shall blossom like that of China...China is also of the east; it is a divine set up. I hope you understand?
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Jumaisha(f): 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2012
That means we're moving. Lol
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by iiiyyyk(m): 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2012
if it is not dredged today it will be dredged tomorrow.

if it is not dredged by federal republic of nigeria, it will be dredged by christian republic of Biafra.
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Sweetnecta: 10:51pm On Apr 13, 2012
@OP: Nigeria gained her independence and threw a big celebration on October 1st, 1960. How can a bridge built 5 years later, 1965 according to you be built by the colonial british government whose governance ended latest October 1st, 1960?
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by aljharem(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2012
Martmore: @afam4eva and bliss4life, gbachie onye iberibe a ana akpo aljharem nkiti.Somebody is talking about how to erect and infrastructure that would bring a lot of benefit to nigerians and all he does is to poke his nose in igbo thread

Dude why are you calling me a dog for discussing with my fellow NLer ? Was I against the idea or did I say something wrong.
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2012
Sweetnecta: @OP: Nigeria gained her independence and threw a big celebration on October 1st, 1960. How can a bridge built 5 years later, 1965 according to you be built by the colonial british government whose governance ended latest October 1st, 1960?

The Niger Bridge cost £5 million to build. Construction of the bridge was completed in December 1965 and was built by the british.
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Joseph06: 11:51am On Apr 14, 2012
WorldBank, Biafra and Oduduwa? Please o stop embarrassing us.[img]http://www.dubaa.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by tlops(m): 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
The project is long over due. I hope its not one of his excellency's promises.
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by member479760: 7:17am On Apr 15, 2012
very nice to read good thin in this country, we still get hope.
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
Transport minister, Senator Idris Umar disclosed: "I discovered that the stacking area was inadequate for a port of that magnitude. So, we had to increase the stacking area to increase the capacity of the port in that regard. We also discovered that it had no gate and no power generator. So, we had to extend the time to ensure that these things were provided."

[url]http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=onitsha%20river%20port&source=web&cd=9&sqi=2&ved=0CFcQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftransformationwatch.com%2F2012%2F03%2F22%2Fonitsha-river-port-ready-in-may-minister%2F&ei=H6OYT6KOKsb64QSD6JnFBg&usg=AFQjCNEk124IwlQCxDmu4pgiG0r6FxpENQ[/url]

Yes, we know u have done an African Job Minister. In addition to the aforesaid factors considered inappropriate, we also do not expect to have just two mobile harbour cranes at any kind of port.

If the federal government is building a one terminal river-port at onitsha, then we expect to see the maximum capacity of a single terminal port with at least eight mobile harbour cranes, large tool gate entry into the port and large container terminal stacking area as Onitsha is a commercial city.

We also expect Two large automated port cranes as illustrated below to support Six of the the much smaller ones pictured below at onitsha river port site.

Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:29am On Mar 07, 2013
Make ur vote if u haven't already done so the deadline is near.
Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:34pm On Mar 16, 2013
Let us give the First Niger Bridge a break and breath of life.(Renew)

Still wondering which of the unique achitectural structures, Mr President would like for the Second Niger Bridge....

Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 21, 2013
HOLY Moses!Please, come and divide this river into two for us than having this bridge! Is that actually a bridge?!

Re: Second River Niger Bridge And A Sea Port At Onitsha: Shall We Celebrate? by CyberG: 2:57am On Mar 21, 2013
all4naija: HOLY Moses!Please, come and divide this river into two for us than having this bridge! Is that actually a bridge?!

LMOOO grin grin The bridge was good back in the day, only it has not been maintained properly! Lets see when they finish the new bridge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Buys Giant Generator (video) / 2019: Atiku In Dutse Jigawa Airport / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.