Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,398 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

The Price Of Leadership,message To Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Price Of Leadership,message To Nigerian Youths (484 Views)

Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Biafra ; Gov Ipkeazu's First Test Of Leadership. / Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Price Of Leadership,message To Nigerian Youths by bilms(m): 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2012
THE PRICE OF LEADERSHIP
MESSAGE TO NIGERIAN YOUTHS

My fellow oppressed,violated and abused youths of Nigeria, i salute you all.

I know you are violated,abused and oppressed because i am too. I know you are tired and ready to end this injustice and backwardness because i do too. in this case, we must pay the price of leadership

I read a post by someone which states that, when he was a child in 1985,at the time when IBB took over government from Buhari,his class teacher said IBB is now the new leader of Nigeria and you(the children) are the leaders of tomorrow. 27 years later,both IBB and Buhari are still the same people struggling to win the highest leadership position of this country.

What does this means? To my understanding, some youths would be fast to accuse the present leaders of selfishness, yes they are selfish,greediness, yes they are greedy and all other names you call them. But come to think of it, when OBJ became the leader, he had oppositions who would stop at nothing to prevent him from leading, but he worked pass them to claim the mantle of leadership with his determination,preparedness and zeal. When Buhari overthrew the government,he had to crush many oppositions to make it to the top. When IBB took over,he climbed mountains to succeed. This explains that no one would take any leadership position without overcoming the challenges attached to it. We should not expect anyone to give us the room to take leadership positions,we must crush any opposition trying to prevent our dream of a great Nigeria. The colonist didn't give our fore fathers a chance to be independent, they took it by force and they were youths like us.

Awolowo was a youth,Azikwe was a youth,Tafawa Balewa was a youth and all of them in their youthfulness made the mark without waiting for a chance.

IBB,Buhari,OBJ,GOWON, etc all where youths when they lead this country,they did it not by chance,but hard work and preparation and determination. We have million soldiers who didn't become presidents,these few individuals made it because they worked for it and waiting for these present leaders to give us the way is a waste and bad means to get leadership position. In fact, it is a shame on us for asking someone who worked hard to get to a position to give it out free. They didn't get it free,they worked for it. In their course of trying,they may be killed by their opponents,they may be stopped by their seniors,they may be imprisoned for their actions,but they only focused on their mission without the fear of death,imprisonment and
co. Asking for leadership cheaply is opportunism and psychophanism..My message to Nigerian youths is to Stand up and crush any opposition,plan,think,prepare and pray. Abdul AOH
Re: The Price Of Leadership,message To Nigerian Youths by bilms(m): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2012
wink

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Gift / Unilag Students Drags Fg To Court / News:- JTF Killed Six Pirates In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.