Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta (8116 Views)

Pipeline Vandals Kill 10 DSS Operatives In Ogun / Gunmen Kill 10 In Kaduna Post-christmas Celebration / Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:29am On Mar 19, 2012
Gunmen kill bank manager, 7 others in Sapele beer parlour attack

SAPELE— IT was a bloody weekend in Sapele, Sapele Local Government Area of Delta State, as gunmen killed a bank manager and seven other persons at a drinking spot, opposite Okotie-Eboh Grammar School, in the town.

No reason was given for the mindless bloodbath, but a source said, “The killers, who claimed to be unemployed and hungry, were incensed that their victims were busy drinking and eating with their girlfriends, while they (killers) were starving.”

Meanwhile, another version of the incident, claimed that the husband of one of the women, who was killed was the person who hired cultists to invade the beer parlour, alleging that his wife lied to him that she was going to the saloon to make her hair, only to surface at the drinking spot with her lover.

The woman allegedly left two of her children at home and when her husband got wind of her action, he came with cultists, shot dead the wife and people in the beer parlour at the time.

But, Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Charles Muka, told Vanguard when contacted, that only five persons were confirmed dead, while two were rushed to the hospital.

He said: “They were drinking and people came and sprayed bullets on them, four died on the spot and another one died later.”

A source told Vanguard that he counted the corpses, saying “There were about 10 persons drinking in Mama Chabula shop that evening when the gunmen came. We don’t know whether they are former militants, cultists or just criminals but they opened fire, seven persons died on the spot while three were rushed to hospital.

“Of the three that were rushed to the hospital was a bank manager and he died today (Sunday). The gunmen did not rob anybody in the store, they just opened fire at those drinking and left after committing the havoc,” the source added.

A Sapele youth leader, who corroborated the police claim, said, “What I heard was that three men and two women were shot in cold blood. One was shot on his legs, the incident happened about 8 pm. We are all confused, there is tension everywhere, nobody seems to know the real reason for the massacre.”

The police do not even know because the people were drinking when they opened fire at them,” he added. via VANGUARD

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/gunmen-kill-bank-manager-7-others-in-sapele-beer-parlour-attack/
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by begwong: 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
which one man go believe now?
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Pakavy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
dats too bad if not too worse.if those dudes had sprayd d national assembly they wuld hav done this country a great favour!!!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by ifyalways(f): 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
See names?Mama Chabula place.

Very unfortunate,from beer parlour to heaven/hell.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Ogbonaikenna(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2012
BH style
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by nagoma(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
No peace where there is no justice.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by anishe(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
Moral of the sroty/incident- STAY AWAY FROM BEER PARLOUR IN YOUR OWN INTEREST[i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by sirp2007: 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2012
Cult activity is on d rise in ND axis.since militancy is no longer in vogue their weapons can not be idle.Sad still d police know the various cult group but will never do anything.
What l sense happened is plain cult fight.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by enzyme9: 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2012
they ar MEND terrorist period.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by yongnoble(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
typical confra M.O..... cool

R.I.P to the departed.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by ochukoccna: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
Moral of the sroty/incident- STAY AWAY FROM BEER PARLOUR IN YOUR OWN INTEREST
No forget say
Boys must flenjor O! cool cool cool cool
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 19, 2012
A MAN FROM MY OFFICE TODAY SAID HE WAS AT THE SCENE AT THE TIME OF THE WHOLE SHOOTING. THE GIST WAS THAT WHEN THE ARMED MEN CAME DOWN,THE ONLY WORD ONE SAID WAS 'KILL THEM ALL' AND I WONDER WHY SOMEONE WOULD BE THAT HEARTLESS
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Omen100(m): 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2012
i will be surprise anyone that has stayed in sapele lately should say he or she is surprise, it's only a liar that will say he or she doesn't foreseen this coming in sapele, in today's sapele, in a gathering of any 5young men, 4 of then are cultist and its only one, i say only that is still innocent, the issue of cultist is so rampant that they known themselves and the police, government officials knows them very very well, i am not surprise at all. And this is just the beginning of what is to go come, and please, boko haram has nothing to do with this, this is purely a frat matter, they know themselves.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2012
tiniyata: A MAN FROM MY OFFICE TODAY SAID HE WAS AT THE SCENE AT THE TIME OF THE WHOLE SHOOTING. THE GIST WAS THAT WHEN THE ARMED MEN CAME DOWN,THE ONLY WORD ONE SAID WAS 'KILL THEM ALL' AND I WONDER WHY SOMEONE WOULD BE THAT HEARTLESS
Yeah, this is true as I hear from reliable sources present too, they were out to gun just one person but were unable to identify him, instead of wasting time, they were ordered to shoot everyone present.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Intrepid1(m): 1:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
Might be a competitor trying to put his/her strongest rival out of business...[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by ojietu: 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2012
thou shall not drink
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by antartica(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
Boko haram has invaded sapele at last in retaliation of the bombed mosque.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by CulG(f): 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
blink182: Yeah, this is true as I hear from reliable sources present too, they were out to gun just one person but were unable to identify him, instead of wasting time, they were ordered to shoot everyone present.
blink182: Yeah, this is true as I hear from reliable sources present too, they were out to gun just one person but were unable to identify him, instead of wasting time, they were ordered to shoot everyone present.
what a pity that many had to die for the sin of 1 man... Who knows maybe the person didn't even die after this bloody act. God help us all (AMEN).
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by CulG(f): 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
antartica: Boko haram has invaded sapele at last in retaliation of the bombed mosque.
[color=][quote author=antartica]Boko haram has invaded sapele at last in retaliation of the bombed mosque. Don't say what u don't know
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2012
Cul~G:
[color=#770077][/color][b][/b] what a pity that many had to die for the sin of 1 man... Who knows maybe the person didn't even die after this bloody act. God help us all (AMEN).
The target was killed as ℓ̊ hear. Its a retaliatory attack.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by YoursGEJ(m): 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
It is either that the police take a course in undercounting or the press people take one in over counting. Ah ah. Which one be this? We no sabi count dead body again? Abi we no know when person don Kpai?
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by dadicvila(m): 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2012
enzyme9: they ar MEND terrorist period.
mumu,if u know mend you will know they got better things to do
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Balyz: 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
Boko Haram
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Rocktation(f): 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
[quote author=Yours GEJ,]It is either that the police take a course in undercounting or the press people take one in over counting. Ah ah. Which one be this? We no sabi count dead body again? Abi we no know when person don Kpai?

Hehehe
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Ilekokonit: 5:12am On Mar 20, 2012
Homes are not safe from Armed robbers, Churches are not safe from Boko Haram, Now the humble beer parlour where the masses drown their sorrows and temporarily escape from their problems is now no longer safe.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2012
My neigbours husband who was on a visit to sapele died og gunshots from dat incident,now the jobless wife is left to train three boys all alone.it is painfull dat an innocent man should pay for the sins of anoda.I pray God to confort the family cos it is really heartbreaking.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by cynthiafred67(f): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2012
May the souls of the departed R.I.P Amen
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by don33310(m): 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2012
Ilekokonit: Homes are not safe from Armed robbers, Churches are not safe from Boko Haram, Now the humble beer parlour where the masses drown their sorrows and temporarily escape from their problems is now no longer safe.
lol.
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Detongue: 1:38am On Mar 21, 2012
RIP....Hope Ajokukor. He was a victim
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Callotti: 7:16am On Mar 21, 2012
Life remains meaningless in Nigeria.
God bless drug-addicts!
Re: Gunmen Kill 10 In Beer Parlour Attack In Sapele, Delta by Ybholy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
its bad

(1) (Reply)

I'm Leaving The GEJ Train Today / Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu And The British Connection. / "Iara Oshiomole Files In For A Divorce" - Candy Stallwhat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.