Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. (2380 Views)

Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans / Another Gospel Singer Uncovered As An Illuminati Member / Another Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Goshen360(m): 1:48am On Mar 20, 2012
http://www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/newage.html#2scr

Carefully study the above link and compare how the word of God is being distorted by different translations of the Bible. I have to bring this subject to our notice out of concern. A careful look at the above link will tell you what am talking about. People of God, let's be careful of the kind of bible translations we base our conclusion on or validate.

Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by buzugee(m): 4:05am On Mar 30, 2012
thats why i stick to the KJV. there is an online bible that is very good too http://www.artbible.info/bible/old-testament.html
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Goshen360(m): 4:57am On Mar 30, 2012
Yes, basically if one don't use kjv, such person dont hv a bible. I use kjv and nkjv. It's best to stick to one and use others, maybe online just to get a better or clearer picture where necessary.

1 Like

Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by amor4ce(m): 7:41am On Mar 30, 2012
Haven't you stubbornly refused to accept that Jesus is not the name of the Son of God, and that Jehovah or Lord is not the name of God? Haven't you gleefully accepted the fake Christianity? Have you sought to know why it is that compared to the old testament there are strange names in the new testament?
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Goshen360(m): 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2012
amor4ce: Haven't you stubbornly refused to accept that Jesus is not the name of the Son of God, and that Jehovah or Lord is not the name of God? Haven't you gleefully accepted the fake Christianity? Have you sought to know why it is that compared to the old testament there are strange names in the new testament?

We know in PART.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by buzugee(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2012
goshen360: Yes, basically if one don't use kjv, such person dont hv a bible. I use kjv and nkjv. It's best to stick to one and use others, maybe online just to get a better or clearer picture where necessary.
had to thumb this up. thats exactly what i do. read the kjv then go into this website http://bible.cc/genesis/24-67.htm which gives you like 7 different translations for further understanding. sometimes the explanations are so different between the different translations, its unbelievable
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Goshen360(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
^^^

Exactly what I do also also, I stick (read) to kjv and nkjv but use the above website you gave for some comparison.

These website you will love also for comparison of many translations. Just enter the book/chapter/verse and choose the translations you will love to view, these other two websites too are great:

http://bible.cc/genesis/24-67.htm
http://www.biblegateway.com/
http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm

update for you. So basically, i used three for comparison after my kjv n nkjv.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by amor4ce(m): 6:12am On Mar 31, 2012
Check out Peshitta and you would see KJV as watered down.

Was the New Testament Really Written In Greek?
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by cgift(m): 9:07am On Mar 31, 2012
amor4ce: Haven't you stubbornly refused to accept that Jesus is not the name of the Son of God, and that Jehovah or Lord is not the name of God? Haven't you gleefully accepted the fake Christianity? Have you sought to know why it is that compared to the old testament there are strange names in the new testament?

So what is the name of Jesus and God rendered in the English language if I may ask?
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by amor4ce(m): 3:57am On Apr 01, 2012
It is better you do the research yourself as the Son is described as the Light of men, and this Light is knowledge + wisdom + understanding, meaning that His Light gives us the capacity to discern the Truth rather than accept all the lies around us hook, line and sinker.

A good place to check is the Peshitta as I referred to in my previous post.
You can look at these links on this webpage.
Note that the first true believers were killed as recorded in the pre-crime report of Zechariah 13:7-9 and the religion that spread out from Rome, including the schisms, is fake. I will soon discuss this on my blog.

If you like, keep saying "in Jesus' name". If you like, call on the Son's true name. It is your choice.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Observer1: 6:26am On Apr 01, 2012
U guys can't stop amuzing me,2moro u condem freemasonry,2day u accept kjv bible.
do u know that king james was a well known free and accepted mason even b/4 and after he translated the original bible in 1611.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Goshen360(m): 7:02pm On May 25, 2012
There are also Genuine and counterfeit KJV.Please beware because one alteration leads to different meaning and interpretation, check out this website: http://www.biblebelievers.com/believers-org/counterfeit-kjv.html

In addition, you can print the whole 102 difference to check for the Original KJV and the Counterfeits here, also compare the translation you have: http://www.kingjamesvideoministries.com/Counterfeit%20KJV%20Bibles%202.pdf

Why do I do this? My answer is,

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:4 Kjv

But you, Beloved in the Lord,

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. Jude 1:3 kjv

Our faith is worth preserving. Contend for the faith to preserve the truth that was once delivered to us, unto the saints. God bless you all.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Ngwakwe: 8:06pm On May 25, 2012

If you are a Christian in words and deeds, try shouting Jesus Christ during demonic challenge / attack, then come back to tell us your experience.

As nobody as I am when I shoot the name of Jesus Christ, no demon possessed or attack there challenge the name, so what Name do you want us to use that is working for you without soiling your hands in evil covenant/ demonic activities
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by ijawkid(m): 9:40pm On May 25, 2012
Did the KJV fall down from heaven?

It was tampered with as well...........

Easter,ghost and d rest are all spurious words found in d bible..........

Where did KJV get there own 1john 5:7 from

Where?

Latin vulgate aint it

KJV my foot.....
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Goshen360(m): 10:08pm On May 25, 2012
^
You seems to have issues with trinity and i suggest you dont have to FIGHT the word of God because you dont understand trinity.....God can be One billion if he chooses to, God is NOT man my brother.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by ijawkid(m): 10:37pm On May 25, 2012
Goshen360: ^
You seems to have issues with trinity and i suggest you dont have to FIGHT the word of God because you dont understand trinity.....God can be One billion if he chooses to, God is NOT man my brother.

Where did kjv get its 1john 5:7 from?

Answer me goshen..........

U dnt come out here putting kjv high on a pedastal when it was infact men who did d translation...............

Did it fall from heaven?

Or did d apostles pass it over...?

B4 the kjv was formed were all other bible translations false??

Dnt give me that kjv crap..........

Fine its a good translation but not perfect.........

Got it??

It got its own errors because humans did d renderings................

If God decides to be 1billion then I'll just go join d buddist or d hindus in idol worship..............

God is not man but he wants us to know him not to be confused about him...............
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by buzugee(m): 10:48pm On May 25, 2012
ijawkid: Did the KJV fall down from heaven?

It was tampered with as well...........

Easter,ghost and d rest are all spurious words found in d bible..........

Where did KJV get there own 1john 5:7 from

Where?

Latin vulgate aint it

KJV my foot.....
The KJV was commisioned when there was not an agenda of racial superiority. as such it is the closest to the source which is hebrew and greek manuscripts. when the agenda of racial superiority ( daniel 8 vs 25 ) took a center stage, other versions came out to neutralize the percieved error in the KJV. lets look at this verse for example.

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine. ( describing the color of the jews in kjv )

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 10 Our skin has become as hot as an oven, Because of the burning heat of famine (same verse in newer editions )

notice how they try to remove the black color of the jews ? wink
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by ijawkid(m): 11:03pm On May 25, 2012
buzugee: The KJV was commisioned when there was not an agenda of racial superiority. as such it is the closest to the source which is hebrew and greek manuscripts. when the agenda of racial superiority ( daniel 8 vs 25 ) took a center stage, other versions came out to neutralize the percieved error in the KJV. lets look at this verse for example.

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine. ( describing the color of the jews in kjv )

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 10 Our skin has become as hot as an oven, Because of the burning heat of famine (same verse in newer editions )

notice how they try to remove the black color of the jews ? wink

You and skin color.......
Lol

Frosbel just said something very important that we all nid to look @.............

B4 the kjv came were all other translations useless??

If No,then why claim kjv is d best and truest translation while others are false??

That's why I always ask did d KJV fall from heaven..............

And please buzugee I know ur good with bible history........
Can u kindly tell me where and how did d rendering in 1john 5:7 come about in the KJV

Isaac newton who lived close to that time saw that error too u know.....
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by buzugee(m): 11:18pm On May 25, 2012
ijawkid:

You and skin color.......
Lol

Frosbel just said something very important that we all nid to look @.............

B4 the kjv came were all other translations useless??

If No,then why claim kjv is d best and truest translation while others are false??

That's why I always ask did d KJV fall from heaven..............

And please buzugee I know ur good with bible history........
Can u kindly tell me where and how did d rendering in 1john 5:7 come about in the KJV

Isaac newton who lived close to that time saw that error too u know.....
b4 the kjv came there were no translations. the words was in the original lashawan quadash hebrew manuscript and the new testament in greek. those are the original. and the original translation without an agenda is the kjv, simply because king james was a black man. he had no hidden or ulterior motives
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by ijawkid(m): 11:41pm On May 25, 2012
buzugee: b4 the kjv came there were no translations. the words was in the original lashawan quadash hebrew manuscript and the new testament in greek. those are the original. and the original translation without an agenda is the kjv, simply because king james was a black man. he had no hidden or ulterior motives

Lol

I hear you......................

I read all translations my bro to get d full sense of everything........

The apocrypha u like talking about are they also part of the KJV
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by buzugee(m): 12:03am On May 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol

I hear you......................

I read all translations my bro to get d full sense of everything........

The apocrypha u like talking about are they also part of the KJV

yezzur the apocrypha was part of the kjv before it got pulled out in the 1800s http://www.cambridgebibles.com/Console/Common/Image.asp?image=/Media/PubComProductCatalog/9780521506748.jpg&width=223&height=0&quality=90

i read all translations myself but i use KJV as my mainstay
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by plaetton: 3:21am On May 26, 2012
Na wa o. Even devout believers of the word of god are confused. It appears that there are many conflicting words of god. Well, thats one less headache for unbelievers. big laugh.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by emofine2(f): 10:56pm On May 26, 2012
@OP Do you believe a book is sufficient enough to guide many in faith?

Is it plausible that a brilliant god would put the infallible truth in a book that is fallible to various kinds of tampering?
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Goshen360(m): 11:18pm On May 26, 2012
^
It is NOT God, some improper translation are due to not getting accurate word from the Greek and Hebrew into English. Its from men. What am saying is for us to be careful because a word missing or not giving the right concept can mean different thing entirely. I strongly advice that we stick to Kjv while we compare or read other translations for better clarification and understanding. Even the Kjv, there are counterfeit because of greedy/ungodly men and piracy/imitation. A lot is going on out there, just for us to be careful is my message. I read other version and quote from them where necessary but stick to the kjv and Nkjv
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by plaetton: 6:05am On May 27, 2012
It gets more interesting. So you are saying that kjv is more god-sanctioned than the rest. what woul happen if you quote from the kjv and i qoute from the jubilee bible or the Billy Graham bible, who would be right and how would we arrive at the truthful truth. Might we go to war to resolve the matter.

let me give you an example: In kjv bible, Levicticus 16:8 reads: - And aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats, one lot for the lord and the other lot for the scapegoat.
However, in the Jubilee bible, the same verse reads: And Aaron shall cast lots upon two goats,one lot for the lord and the other lot for Azazael(Azazael obviously being a rival deity).

So which one is the correct version and whch one is the improvised version.

@Goshen360:
You mentioned improper translation. Do you mean improper or fraudulent translation. If one word or sentence is improperly translated, isn't it possible that the entire book might also be improperly translated.
How can faith be reposed on a book that even you admit to be improperly translated and counterfieted by greedy ungodly men.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by emofine2(f): 7:28am On May 27, 2012
Goshen360: ^
It is NOT God, some improper translation are due to not getting accurate word from the Greek and Hebrew into English. Its from men. What am saying is for us to be careful because a word missing or not giving the right concept can mean different thing entirely. I strongly advice that we stick to Kjv while we compare or read other translations for better clarification and understanding. Even the Kjv, there are counterfeit because of greedy/ungodly men and piracy/imitation. A lot is going on out there, just for us to be careful is my message. I read other version and quote from them where necessary but stick to the kjv and Nkjv

The bible with its various versions definitely have different flavours – I too prefer the KJV solely because I’m a fan of archaic English however all these various translations that renders different meanings put’s the legitimacy of the bible at stake. But even if there was little to no mistranslations in the book, a literary article is still open to various interpretations and as such could be misinterpreted. A medium such as a book is not secure from tampering thus I wonder why would god allow the legitimacy of “his” word and truth to be at stake by exclusively containing it in a fallible medium such as a book that was written by others? As you have rightly inferred...”this is serious”.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by italo: 1:51pm On May 27, 2012
Who gave King James the authority to translate?

Did his authority come from being the King of England or did it come from God?

If it came from God, how?

And if it came from his throne, why should I adhere to it?
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by plaetton: 2:38pm On May 27, 2012
italo: Who gave King James the authority to translate?

Did his authority come from being the King of England or did it come from God?

If it came from God, how?

And if it came from his throne, why should I adhere to it?

Good questions. Although it was necessary to translate into languages other than Greek and Hebrew, the BIG question is : Where are the original manunscripts or scrolls. Are they hidden or lost.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by PastorKun(m): 3:52pm On May 27, 2012
plaetton:

Good questions. Although it was necessary to translate into languages other than Greek and Hebrew, the BIG question is : Where are the original manunscripts or scrolls. Are they hidden or lost.

No original manuscripts exist today, however manuscripts dating back to 300bc(probably copied from a copy of a copy of the original manuscript) are being kept in vaults at the vatican. That aside we still have modern copies of the bible written in hebrew/greek. It's quite certain the bibles written in hebrew/greek would be far more accurate than any translated version + even the popular KJV. Another point we have to note is that the KJV is only relevant to english speaking christians. The bible as been translated to over 3,000 languages and I am sure all these non english people would not be bothered with our kjv debate. And this brings me to my point that the holy spirit rather than the bible is our ultimate guide as christians. If we seek the holy spirit and he is truly alive in us, the issue of which translation is more accurate would become unnecessary.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by plaetton: 5:24pm On May 27, 2012
Pastor Kun:

No original manuscripts exist today, however manuscripts dating back to 300bc(probably copied from a copy of a copy of the original manuscript) are being kept in vaults at the vatican. That aside we still have modern copies of the bible written in hebrew/greek. It's quite certain the bibles written in hebrew/greek would be far more accurate than any translated version + even the popular KJV. Another point we have to note is that the KJV is only relevant to english speaking christians. The bible as been translated to over 3,000 languages and I am sure all these non english people would not be bothered with our kjv debate. And this brings me to my point that the holy spirit rather than the bible is our ultimate guide as christians. If we seek the holy spirit and he is truly alive in us, the issue of which translation is more accurate would become unnecessary.

HHHHHHmmmmmm. It gets more interesting every minute. so what you are saying is that we should ignore the bible and its many conflicting translations and interpretation.! Pls get the word out.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by PastorKun(m): 7:01pm On May 27, 2012
plaetton:

HHHHHHmmmmmm. It gets more interesting every minute. so what you are saying is that we should ignore the bible and its many conflicting translations and interpretation.! Pls get the word out.

I haven't said such a thing so stop trying to put words in my mouth.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by plaetton: 12:39am On May 28, 2012
Pastor Kun:

I haven't said such a thing so stop trying to put words in my mouth.

But you just said that christians should look up to the holy spirit for guidance rather than the bible due to its many translation and interpretation issues. In other words, we should ignore the bible.! not so!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Reasons To Believe God Exists-by An Ex-atheist / Pastor David Oyedepo Plc / It Is Very Wrong For A Woman To Lead The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.