Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. (2382 Views)

Greasy Grace, Another Gospel And The Neo-nicolaitans / Another Gospel Singer Uncovered As An Illuminati Member / Another Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by PastorKun(m): 6:39am On May 28, 2012
plaetton:

But you just said that christians should look up to the holy spirit for guidance rather than the bible due to its many translation and interpretation issues. In other words, we should ignore the bible.! not so!

Nope, what I am saying is that the holy spirit sould be the primary source for believers and once a believer truly has the holy spirit, issues of interpretation become a none issue. The bible is a secondary source to the holy spirit. I never said anyone shd ignore the bible. What I said is more like we should depend on the holy spirit for interpretation.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by italo: 9:10pm On May 28, 2012
We should look to the one true Church which is the "pillar and foundation of truth" for interpretation of Christ's teaching. That is what the early Christians did, even when there was no Bible. Even the books of the new testament were written by the leaders of the Church to the faithful in order to teach them. Yes, we need the Holy Spirit individually, but the Holy Spirit has been given to the Church to teach it all things for our sake.

It is because every man feels he can interprete scripture on his own with the "help of the Holy Spirit" that we now have 35000 denominations all over the world teaching 35000 different doctrines allegedly revealed by ONE Holy Spirit.

Seek the Church Christ built...and you will have all the interpretation you need
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by plaetton: 10:10pm On May 28, 2012
italo: We should look to the one true Church which is the "pillar and foundation of truth" for interpretation of Christ's teaching. That is what the early Christians did, even when there was no Bible. Even the books of the new testament were written by the leaders of the Church to the faithful in order to teach them. Yes, we need the Holy Spirit individually, but the Holy Spirit has been given to the Church to teach it all things for our sake.

It is because every man feels he can interprete scripture on his own with the "help of the Holy Spirit" that we now have 35000 denominations all over the world teaching 35000 different doctrines allegedly revealed by ONE Holy Spirit.

Seek the Church Christ built...and you will have all the interpretation you need

Though I'm not a christian, I could not have said it better.
Bravo.
Holy spirit is like wine, when tipsy on wine everyone acts differently. There everyone is bound to interpret differently when infused with the same holy spirit.This gives srise to garbled scripture, which is what we have today.
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by amor4ce(m): 3:59am On May 29, 2012
Ngwakwe:

If you are a Christian in words and deeds, try shouting Jesus Christ during demonic challenge / attack, then come back to tell us your experience.

As nobody as I am when I shoot the name of Jesus Christ, no demon possessed or attack there challenge the name, so what Name do you want us to use that is working for you without soiling your hands in evil covenant/ demonic activities

Èṣú! I have answered your question here and posed some questions as well for which I hope you and others have answers. I will soon write another essay showing the true name in the Bible.

Alafia!
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by adaybayor(m): 7:18am On May 29, 2012
Ever wondered why đ Qur'an has no two versions?
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by JeSoul(f): 3:17pm On May 29, 2012
Brother Goshen,

I saw this your topic a while back but didn't have the time to reply. All you people dissing my NIV, mind urselves oh cheesy. Check out this topic where we previously discussed it:

Is The NIV Bible Corrupt? (for Recognise And Other Christians)
https://www.nairaland.com/307915/niv-bible-corrupt-recognise-other
Re: This Is Serious - Another Bible, Another Gospel. by Fr0sbel: 3:36pm On May 29, 2012
adaybayor: Ever wondered why đ Qur'an has no two versions?

There is only 1 Quran, written only in Arabic, by the Arabs and for the Arabs , unintelligible to most non-Arabs , who must continually recite and chant it's contents without understanding a word.

Prior to this Quran, there were not a few different versions, all in Arabic but with contradictory scripture , these had to be burned.

Lest I forget, there once existed a Quran that missed a few pages due to a naughty goat and it's ubiquitous wanderings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obligatory Baths ( Bath After SEX)GHUSL / Meet Bishop Abioye / I Witnessed A Pastor Drop Dead At The Altar During Service — Ogunleye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.