Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land (5636 Views)

Female Regents In Yoruba Land. / Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba / Are 70% of African-Americans of Nigerian Origin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by experts: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2012
NIGERIAN ORIGIN OF INTERNET (IFA) IN YORUBA LAND

May be i am wrong,but i think i am right,even though it is not confirmed,a more historic research and analysis would show the connection. I am aware that the history of internet/computer didn't show any connection,but come to think of it.

Computer/Internet was designed some someone,he represents the founder,he taught people,as in experts,then many followers use it.

IFA is an ancient Yoruba devination, Orunmila is the Grand Priest and custodian of Ifá who represents the founder of computer/internet. Ifa is the source of knowledge believed to have a keen understanding of the human form and of purity,information of the past and prediction of the future.

Divination
Performing Ifa divination is called Ifa dida or idafa (or dida owo and ounte ale) which may be represented as networking,setting up. Ifa dida / Idafa (networking)is performed by adifa (experts,computer engineer).

After setting up,a cyber cafe is handled to the admin just like the adifa,who coordinate the divination of ifa or the administration of the cyber cafe.

People consult the Ifa priest just as we consult the cafe or service provider,The items used for divination include:

* A group of sixteen Ikin, commonly known as sacred palm nuts, which are used to create binary data which can be represented as the modem or ticket incase of a cyber cafe,Dust from the Irosun tree (Iyerosun), which may be the keyboard,a vessel for the seeds (Ajere Ifa), which may represent the CPU,a divination tray (Opon Ifa) which may be the computer,a tapper instrument (Iroke Ifa), may represent the mouse.

Ifa is consulted to get information,connect people,know history of the past and prediction of the future. Just like the computer internet where we get information,connect our old friends,see future prediction etc.

we open our computer like the ifa priest would to his opan ifa,ask question just as we type with the key board and press enter. The opan ifa would search for your requested information and bring possible answer to your question which would be determined by you,just like google and other search engines would bring different option for you to choose that which best for you. A thorough historical research would prove more about the connection.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by bashr8: 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2012
stop smoking what your head cant handle
Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by experts: 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2012

Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by Callotti: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2012
Looks like he is getting ready to commit suicide and saying his last farewell with all that 'Oludumare' around his neck.
Mu cha cha cha cha cha
Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by Dainfamous: 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2012
hehehehe lord have mercy
wait o!! the juju man looks like musiwa shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by BlackPikiN(m): 12:46am On Mar 21, 2012
Op Like this one abi.

You don smoke so tey you begin dey think.

Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by Ptolomeus(m): 5:03pm On Mar 21, 2012
Da infamous: hehehehe lord have mercy
Yes...
I must have done something wrong ...
I think I've been punished with the reading of this ...
No doubt it is a punishment ...
I think I'll do an offering to Esu ...
Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by experts: 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
lol
Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by jantavanta(m): 6:06am On May 29, 2013
......* A group of sixteen Ikin, commonly known as sacred palm nuts, which are used to create binary data.........

Microprocessor Assembly Code is written in Hexadecimal (base 16)

We do not need to separate science from spirituality in order to uphold the materialist power structure. We are the source of science.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by jantavanta(m): 10:18am On Jun 02, 2013
Divination Databases have been used to store our history. Those who accuse us of not writing our history on ink and paper did not want to know that we had a more advanced from of storing information.

The way we teach Computer Science has to change. We should stop teaching kids that Computer Science is White Man's Providence.
Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by macof(m): 10:17am On Jan 08, 2014
jantavanta: Divination Databases have been used to store our history. Those who accuse us of not writing our history on ink and paper did not want to know that we had a more advanced from of storing information.

The way we teach Computer Science has to change. We should stop teaching kids that Computer Science is White Man's Providence.

Exactly, Yoruba might not have had Pen and paper but we still able to have kept our history in Ifa
Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by Ikengawo: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2014
chie.....
Re: Nigerian Origin Of Internet (ifa) In Yoruba Land by Justice4tyranny: 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
You people... your comments sound ignorant and disrespectful of your African tradition your ancestral religion! I wonder some times... after colonialism in Africa, the mind set.... are Africans still even african what a disgrace what blasphemous talk your fathers fathers and your mothers mother would be ashamed... if in fact... you are even african.

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka is not a Nigerian ? / BUSSA: Igbo-barbadian Warrior And Freedom Fighter / Beautiful Somalis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.