Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

What Lesson Do You Learn From King Uzziah In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Lesson Do You Learn From King Uzziah In The Bible? (2326 Views)

Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries / Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883 / Was Jesus, The Messiah, Descended From King David? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Lesson Do You Learn From King Uzziah In The Bible? by coolegbo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2012
[i][/i]
Re: What Lesson Do You Learn From King Uzziah In The Bible? by Callotti: 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2012
http://www.heavenscross.com/Uzziah.html

That you are doomed as God's creation any way you look at it.
He is never happy with you, even if you cut your neck and offer it on a platter of Gold as 'sacrifice'.
He is always gonna have something to 'bi*tch* about. kiss
Re: What Lesson Do You Learn From King Uzziah In The Bible? by Callotti: 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2012
Uzziah's story is told in 2 Kings 15:1 - 7 (where he is called Azariah), and 2 Chronicles 26:1 - 23. He is also mentioned in Isaiah 1:1; 6:1; 7:1; Hosea 1:1; Amos 1:1 and Zechariah 14:5

I read the story and methinks God was portrayed as being jealous of him.

Uzziah's pride was rooted in his lack of thankfulness. We have no accounts of this king's ever showing appreciation to God for the marvelous gifts he received. Our accomplishments may not compare with Uzziah's, but we still owe a debt of thanksgiving to God for our very lives. If God is not getting the credit for your successes, perhaps you should start looking at your life differently.

I have always had a problem with the portrayal of the 'Christian' God.
The man's only crime was that he did not 'thank' God for his accomplishments. He did not kill or steal.
Thanksgiving to God is a 'debt'?

What a God!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Prophetic Revelation Of "Dagon" To The Body Of Christ – Part 2 / Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) / Isn't This Amazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.