Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) (2326 Views)

Poll: The winner is...

Rastamouse: 66% (4 votes)
Logic Mind: 33% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? / Death, God, Spirits, Heaven, Hell, Ghost, Science, Logic, Reincarnation - ASK / Arming The Faithful Against Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 10:47am On Apr 21, 2012
Everyone else is a spectator and can take part in the poll. Logic Mind, report grin
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 21, 2012
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by mkmyers45(m): 11:28am On Apr 21, 2012
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 11:36am On Apr 21, 2012
musKeeto: make i balance watch the show
[img]http://2.bp..com/-9YAtqzsLlZ0/TgKqLu91TjI/AAAAAAAAAEc/qFJGeb5owJY/s1600/image016.jpg[/img]

loooooooooooooooooooooooool
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by LogicMind: 11:40am On Apr 21, 2012
Before we begin, I think we should pray.

In the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost.
Father, I ask you to guide this debate so that it will be meaningful to people and they recognise you for who you really are.
Please place your anointing hands on your servants. Give us wisdom and intelligence and keep derailers from this thread.
May we not stumble in our quest for truth. Be our light in this dark hour.
We praise and magnify your holy name and ask that you answer our prayers in jeeesus name!
Amen.
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind: Before we begin, I think we should pray.

In the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost.
Father, I ask you to guide this debate so that it will be meaningful to people and they recognise you for who you really are.
Please place your anointing hands on your servants. Give us wisdom and intelligence and keep derailers from this thread.
May we not stumble in our quest for truth. Be our light in this dark hour.
We praise and magnify your holy name and ask that you answer our prayers in jeeesus name!
Amen.

Did this prayer really come from you shocked?
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by LogicMind: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

Did this prayer really come from you shocked?

yes.
i told you already. i believe.
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by LogicMind: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2012
My first question is:

Is there any logical way at all that you can prove that god exists?
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 11:46am On Apr 21, 2012
It is fair that I lay out the rules to make this as clean as possible. No insults or insinuation is allowed. I will not quote from the Bible since doing so will not be fair (you claim that you don't believe in the Bible). We should avoid doing loop debate (I hope you know what that means).

We are doing the freestyle and that means your arguments should not be based on your knowledge only. You can quote other people's theory.

That is about my ground rules. Bring your rules
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 11:47am On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind: My first question is:

Is there any logical way at all that you can prove that god exists?

Yes there are several logical ways to prove the existence of GOD.
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by LogicMind: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse: It is fair that I lay out the rules to make this as clean as possible. No insults or insinuation is allowed. I will not quote from the Bible since doing so will not be fair (you claim that you don't believe in the Bible). We should avoid doing loop debate (I hope you know what that means).

We are doing the freestyle and that means your arguments should not be based on your knowledge only. You can quote other people's theory.

That is about my ground rules. Bring your rules

The bible and the koran are my guiding lights. I believe them. Infact they are the basis for most of my arguments and I like using them to whip theists' assses. However if you're afraid of getting your asss whipped with your holy book, I understand but that is no longer freestyle. You need to decide what you want. freestyle or biased rules.
I don't know what loop debate means.
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by LogicMind: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

Yes there are several logical ways to prove the existence of GOD.

please enlighten me.
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

The bible and the koran are my guiding lights. I believe them. Infact they are the basis for most of my arguments and I like using them to whip theists' assses. However if you're afraid of getting your asss whipped with your holy book, I understand but that is no longer freestyle. You need to decide what you want. freestyle or biased rules.
I don't know what loop debate means.

Loop debate is intentionally keeping a person explaining a point over and over. A classic example is asking a person why JESUS CHRIST died. If the person happens to answer the question, you then ask a question which will make the person give an answer which is similar to the initial question. Such kind of debate only wastes time and achieve nothing. We are going for the KO (ie completely obliterate another person with your argument).
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

please enlighten me.
Every real thing has a cause ---- formula 1
Life is real ---- formula 2

From the two formula above, Life has a cause.

How does this prove anything about GOD?

Going back to the formulas, whatever is called the cause is GOD.
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by logicboy: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2012
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by LogicMind: 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

so this god can be anything?
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

so this god can be anything?

Based on my initial argument...yes
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2012
I guess I can come up with my first question. My question is: What is your biggest proof that there is NO GOD?
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by ea7(m): 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse: I guess I can come up with my first question. My question is: What is your biggest proof that there is NO GOD?
Loop argument is what you came to do on my thread.
There can be no proof that there is no god/alien/invisible pink unicorn/great leprechaun/vizard/arrancar etc
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
ea7: Loop argument is what you came to do on my thread.
There can be no proof that there is no god/alien/invisible pink unicorn/great leprechaun/vizard/arrancar etc

You fired me from your thread so I am doing the same to you grin
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by DeepSight(m): 1:52pm On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

Be careful with this because it will lead to a conclusion that God is not real, since God is uncaused, and your first premise asserts that everything real has a cause.

Please read a post from this chap and see if this argument can be refined -

https://www.nairaland.com/315294/atheists-empirical-reasoning-existence-god/5#4448852

Its a post by a poster called "Prizm"
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

Be careful with this because it will lead to a conclusion that God is not real, since God is uncaused, and your first premise asserts that everything real has a cause.

Please read a post from this chap and see if this argument can be refined -

https://www.nairaland.com/315294/atheists-empirical-reasoning-existence-god/5#4448852

Its a post by a poster called "Prizm"

It is a trap and he will fall for it wink
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by DeepSight(m): 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2012
^ ^ ^ It is a trap alright, but I fear you might be the one to fall into it.

Please do read the post in the link I gave you. Important before you proceed.
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2012
Deep Sight:
^ ^ ^ It is a trap alright, but I fear you might be the one to fall into it.

Please do read the post in the link I gave you. Important before you proceed.

Keep a close watch here....
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by ea7(m): 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2012
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArgumentumAdNauseam read the link.
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2012
ea7: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArgumentumAdNauseam read the link.
tongue
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by LogicMind: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse: I guess I can come up with my first question. My question is: What is your biggest proof that there is NO GOD?

Sorry, I cannot prove that there is no God.
I cannot prove a negative. It is impossible. Try to see if you can prove that there is no anything.
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

Sorry, I cannot prove that there is no God.
I cannot prove a negative. It is impossible. Try to see if you can prove that there is no anything.

If I get you right, you are telling me that you have no proof in what you believe. Please state in simple terms if that is the fact or not?
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by LogicMind: 3:13pm On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

If I get you right, you are telling me that if you have no proof in what you believe. Please state in simple terms if that is the fact or not?

I am telling you that it is impossible to prove a negative.
I can prove to you that obama exists but i cannot prove to you that obama does not exist. do you understand?
this is the worst question of theists: "prove there's no god"
when do either know it's impossible but try to be malicious or they don't know it's impossible so shows how stuppid they really are.
which one are you? malicious or sttupid?
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by rastamouse: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

I am telling you that it is impossible to prove a negative.
I can prove to you that obama exists but i cannot prove to you that obama does not exist. do you understand?
this is the worst question of theists: "prove there's no god"
when do either know it's impossible but try to be malicious or they don't know it's impossible so shows how stuppid they really are.
which one are you? malicious or sttupid?

You just broke one of the rules by casting insinuations. I will rather forgive you. The basic believe of every atheist remains "If it cannot be proven, it does not exits". However, here is an atheist who believe that there is no GOD but cannot prove it. Lets make this debate as clean as possible.

Just admit to my statement and lets move on...
Re: Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) by LogicMind: 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2012
rastamouse:

You just broke one of the rules by casting insinuations. I will rather forgive you. The basic believe of every atheist remains "If it cannot be proven, it does not exits". However, here is an atheist who believe that there is no GOD but cannot prove it. Lets make this debate as clean as possible.

Just admit to my statement and lets move on...

please answer this: can you rastamouse prove a negative?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are All Muslims Going To Hell? / Nigeria's General Elections, 2015: Two Important Messages From The Lord / Twelve Year-old With Atheist Mom Paints Shocking Pictures Of Jesus [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.