Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Can Anyone Help Me Solve This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can Anyone Help Me Solve This (1553 Views)

Anyone Help With Complete Loan Management Site Script / Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Help Me Solve This by suneepet1: 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2012
I just register a hosting company with one american company and i want my domain name to completely appear on the whois info and not a trace of theirs at all.please see the WHOIS INFORMATION BELOW to understand what am saying.trudits.com is a host reseller company and still have it domain as the source DNS instead of that of that of the

EXAMPLE 1

REGISTRY WHOIS FOR TRUDIGITS.COM
Domain Name: trudigits.com
Updated: 1 second ago - Refresh

Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com

Expiration Date: 2013-01-08
Creation Date: 2009-01-08
Last Update Date: 2012-03-09

Name Servers:
ns3.trudigits.com
ns4.trudigits.com

See trudigits.com DNS Records

Hosts?: ns1.trudigits.com, ns2.trudigits.com, ns3.trudigits.com, ns4.trudigits.com

EXAMPLE 2

REGISTRY WHOIS FOR
Domain Name:
Updated: 3 days ago -

Registrar: 007NAMES, INC.
Whois Server: whois.007names.com
Referral URL: http://www.007names.com

Expiration Date: 2012-05-27
Creation Date: 2008-05-27
Last Update Date: 2011-05-16

Name Servers:
ns583.websitewelcome.com
ns584.websitewelcome.com
[color=#990000][/color]
See DNS Records

Hosts?: ns1., ns2.

Can anyone help me on how to make it like the example 1 please.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Solve This by doncigalo: 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
dualcore shud be able to help u on this since he runs trudigits.com
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Solve This by Seton(m): 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
what you have to do is to buy a domain name for your hosting account, which i think will be your primary domain (DNS). and any time you are registering a domain for a client ensure that you use ur primary domain as nameserver, else ns583.websitewelcome.com
ns584.websitewelcome.com will be given to you automatically, you can discussed it more with your host in US, 'cos i bought my hosting from them as well. The advantage of the ns584.websitewelcome... is that peradventure you forgot to renew ur primary domain, nothing will happen to the account that are being hosted under you. Its not compulsory you register your primary domain from them, 'cos i know theirs is $15. anyway you can discuss with them
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Solve This by DualCore1: 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
suneepet1: I just register a hosting company with one american company and i want my domain name to completely appear on the whois info and not a trace of theirs at all.please see the WHOIS INFORMATION BELOW to understand what am saying.trudits.com is a host reseller company and still have it domain as the source DNS instead of that of that of the

EXAMPLE 1

REGISTRY WHOIS FOR TRUDIGITS.COM
Domain Name: trudigits.com
Updated: 1 second ago - Refresh

Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com

Expiration Date: 2013-01-08
Creation Date: 2009-01-08
Last Update Date: 2012-03-09

Name Servers:
ns3.trudigits.com
ns4.trudigits.com

See trudigits.com DNS Records

Hosts?: ns1.trudigits.com, ns2.trudigits.com, ns3.trudigits.com, ns4.trudigits.com

EXAMPLE 2

REGISTRY WHOIS FOR
Domain Name:
Updated: 3 days ago -

Registrar: 007NAMES, INC.
Whois Server: whois.007names.com
Referral URL: http://www.007names.com

Expiration Date: 2012-05-27
Creation Date: 2008-05-27
Last Update Date: 2011-05-16

Name Servers:
ns583.websitewelcome.com
ns584.websitewelcome.com
[color=#990000][/color]
See DNS Records

Hosts?: ns1., ns2.

Can anyone help me on how to make it like the example 1 please.

CORRECTION: TRUDIGITS LLC IS NOT A RESELLER OF ANY WEBHOSTING COMPANY. WE HAVE SERVER RACKS IN A DATACENTER, CONFIGURE, RUN AND MANAGE ALL OUR SERVERS AND HAVE IP BLOCKS ASSIGNED TO US BY RIPE.

If you want to know the real upstream provider of a site (the real host) you can check the site up here: http://www.whoishostingthis.com
Key in the domain name and it tells you who is hosting the site.

Now, back to what you want to achieve. Go into your domain management panel and create nameservers and tie them to the IP address your host gave you. That means you have to create ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com and point them to the same IP addresses your present nameservers are pointing to. Next, change yourdomain.com's nameserver to point to ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com.

Its best to do any DNS changes on weekends or at night.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Solve This by suneepet1: 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2012
dual core thanks for your comment.BUt can i get a pictural description on how to achive this.i will be very great if this can be done.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Solve This by DualCore1: 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2012
There is no one straightforward way of doing this, it varies across different domain registrars. Let me do some explanation that may help:

Domain registration and Webhosting are two different things, as you already know. What ties a domain name to its hosting account is the Nameservers.

You can see Nameservers as clothing for IP addresses.

Now lets say you get a reseller hosting account from trudigits.com and during your order you chose to use suneepet.com as the primary domain for your reseller account.

If trudigits.com does not offer whitelabelled reseller plans (this is just an assumption), it will register your domain and tie it to ns1.trudigits.com and ns2.trudigits.com. Then send you a welcome email with your reseller login details and you see something like this:
Your Nameservers are
ns1.trudigits.com (192.168.0.1)
ns2.trudigits.com (192.168.0.2)

Well now you have your reseller account but you have to register your domains and tie it to ns1.trudigits.com and ns2.trudigits.com . . . not nice!

This is where you have to create your own nameservers ns1.suneepet.com and ns2.suneepet.com.

To do this you need to have full access to your domain management. Go into that panel and look for where to create nameservers.
Key in ns1.suneepet.com and give it the IP address of ns1.trudigits.com which is 192.168.0.1
Key in ns2.suneepet.com and give it the IP address of ns2.trudigits.com which is 192.168.0.2

Now you have your own name servers (ns1.suneepet.com and ns2.suneepet.com) pointing to the same IP addresses as ns1.trudigits.com and ns2.trudigits.com

What is left is for you to go on to change the nameservers of suneepet.com which are ns1.trudigits.com and ns2.trudigits.com to ns1.suneepet.com and ns2.suneepet.com. Then allow 24-48 hours for your changes to take effect. You may experience some downtimes in the process as your changes propagate across the internet.

Once this is done, create a ticket with your host to make the same DNS changes in your DNS zone settings on their server because the settings on the server still think you are on ns1.trudigits.com and ns2.trudigits.com. Also tell your host to create A Records for your new nameservers.

I hope I haven't thrown you into more confusion. Just relax and take things slow. This thing isn't critical so get the who concept first before making the change so you don't screw things up.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Solve This by suneepet1: 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2012
thanks dual core you are just to good.i will try all you said.

(1) (Reply)

Web Services At Cheap Price @ Yemlat / Whatsapp Unsend Feature: Check It Out / 1.2k Facebook Page Likes For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.