Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:57 PM

There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media (1059 Views)

Arase At The Scene Of The Fulani Hersdmen Attack In Enugu (pics) / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi / What Is Wrong With Being Black? By Matthew Ashimolowo - Anyone Read D Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media by Maisuya1: 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2012
Now this thread is not meant to exonerate the Fulanis of the crimes they commit but I can't help but notice a consistent effort to amplify crimes (sometimes alleged) by Fulanis.
Thus u see headlines like;

Fulani armed robbers arrested in ogun (Neva mind the fact that they might even be kanuris, gwaris etc)

Fulani heardsmen attack village (even though that particular conflict had been ongoing btw farmers and herdsmen, but a sensational 'fulani' twist is given to the story as if they appear out of thin air)

Hausa/Fulani attack Lagos (you would think only Hausa and Fulanis make up majority of northerners living in Lagos)

And a host of other stigmatising headlines. When armed robbers are caught who are from the south the caption would be "SUSPECTED armed robbers arraigned" or when berom youths attack muslims while praying on eid day, the best u get is "UNKNOWN armed men SUSPECTED TO be hoodlums attack Muslims"

What's the essence of this bias? And what are the motives ?
Re: There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media by DRANOEL(m): 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2012
unless you are telling us we now have yoruba nomadic herdsmen or berom nomadic herdsmen, the fulanis are quite doing the painting themselves
Re: There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media by djustice: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2012
Mai-suya:
Now this thread is not meant to exonerate the Fulanis of the crimes they commit but I can't help but notice a consistent effort to amplify crimes (sometimes alleged) by Fulanis.
Thus u see headlines like;

Fulani armed robbers arrested in ogun (Neva mind the fact that they might even be kanuris, gwaris etc)

Fulani heardsmen attack village (even though that particular conflict had been ongoing btw farmers and herdsmen, but a sensational 'fulani' twist is given to the story as if they appear out of thin air)

Hausa/Fulani attack Lagos (you would think only Hausa and Fulanis make up majority of northerners living in Lagos)

And a host of other stigmatising headlines. When armed robbers are caught who are from the south the caption would be "SUSPECTED armed robbers arraigned" or when berom youths attack muslims while praying on eid day, the best u get is "UNKNOWN armed men SUSPECTED TO be hoodlums attack Muslims"

What's the essence of this bias? And what are the motives ?

Let me see.....could it be because if the massacre of innocent youth corpers in predominantly Fulani areas after the 2011 elections in which Buhari, a prominent Fulani prince lost woefully Perhaps.

Could it be because of the long history of mass murder, rape, pillaging and bestiality by hordes of people positively identified, time and again by survivors of the carnage as Fulanis? Maybe.

Could it be because the Fulanis seem to think Nigeria and its peoples belong to them, and they can therefore trample any farm, destroy crops and mutilate human beings in the name of cattle rearing Could be.

I think it's mostly because the Fulanis do a fantastic job of painting themselves as a demon-possessed, bloodthirsty people, always looking for the next opportunity to commit genocide against their fellow human beings. Look at the recent happenings in Ketu.

We don't need the media in Lagos to tell us that their time here is up. Watch as we begin the cleansing of Fulanis from Lagos. Mark my words. By the end of this year, the only Fulanis in Lagos will be the dead ones in the mortuary or mass graves. They've had it coming for a long time now!!
Re: There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media by Johnsinia(m): 10:16am On Mar 22, 2012
I tink fulanis r nt suppose 2 liv in d town
Re: There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media by juman(m): 10:27am On Mar 22, 2012
largely we see people from the north in the south as hausa/fulani.
Re: There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media by olayinka1987: 10:39am On Mar 22, 2012
The Fulani/Hausa are barbaric savages. I hate them. They're the reason Nigeria must divide.
Re: There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media by juman(m): 10:56am On Mar 22, 2012
olayinka1987: The Fulani/Hausa are barbaric savages. I hate them. They're the reason Nigeria must divide.

nigeria must be divided because it's a failed state.

No ethnic group is better than the other in this senseless situation.
Re: There Seem To Be A Concerted Effort To Paint The Fulani Black By The Media by Callotti: 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2012
Good news. The Fulani being talked about are not as 'noisy' as the noise-makers wagging their tongues and wasting their inks on or off the www. Why bother? At the end of the day, na machete go make the real noise. Let them be please.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Are One Responsible For All The Killings --elrufai / National Newspaper Headlines( Wednesday, 12 September 2012) / Pro Achebe Don't Deserve State Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.