Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti (2740 Views)

Yorubas And Hausas Fight in Lagos: But Igbos Is Trending See Snapshot / Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi / Clash Between Yoruba And Hausas' In Yaba. -true? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by bittyend(m): 2:01am On Mar 22, 2012
ADO-EKITI—No fewer than 20 persons were injured in Ado-Ekiti, yesterday, following a violent clash between some Yoruba commercial motorcycle operators, otherwise known as Okada riders, and some of their Hausa counterparts in Atikankan area, highly populated by the Hausa.

Though conflicting reasons were adduced for the clash, the timely intervention of Police prevented the matter from degenerating.

The clash which began as early as 9am, crippled commercial activities in the capital city.

Traders of the popular Erekesan Market in-front of Ewi’s Palace, and owners of shops in the market locked up the shops and ran for safety.

Some banks also hurriedly closed shop for the day.

Most of the injured received machete cuts and were rushed to the Accident and Emergency Unit of EKiti State Teaching Hospital for medical attention.

One of the reasons given for the clash was that a Hausa okada operator refused to pay a N50 due to their umbrella body; Okada Riders Association, ORA.

But state chairman, ORA, Mr. Ademo Martins, said trouble began after one a union official demanded for the particulars of the motorcycle from the rider.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/20-injured-in-okada-riders-clash-in-ekiti/
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Beaf: 2:07am On Mar 22, 2012
I will say it again, it is high time the SW allied with the rest of us. Tinubu is taking the place down the drain.
It is obvious that the SW is being tested as the next ground for expansion. What kind of rubbish is it for tenants to repeatedly fight with their landlord?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by bittyend(m): 2:16am On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf: I will say it again, it is high time the SW allied with the rest of us. Tinubu is taking the place down the drain.
It is obvious that the SW is being tested as the next ground for expansion. What kind of rubbish is it for tenants to repeatedly fight with their landlord?

We don't need to be your "ally" by joining PDP - we can do that based on COMMON INTERESTS. If giving SW to PDP is what you consider "allying" - we're better off the way we are. PDP had 8 years, and for 8 years - they looted, destroyed, and they took the SW 200 years backwards.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Mowire: 2:27am On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf: I will say it again, it is high time the SW allied with the rest of us. Tinubu is taking the place down the drain.
Man mi, are you sure you're okay? What's this issue got to do with Tinubu? Ya' lo wa nkan gidi se o.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Beaf: 2:40am On Mar 22, 2012
bittyend:
We don't need to be your "ally" by joining PDP - we can do that based on COMMON INTERESTS. If giving SW to PDP is what you consider "allying" - we're better off the way we are. PDP had 8 years, and for 8 years - they looted, destroyed, and they took the SW 200 years backwards.

The only difference between ACN and PDP is that ACN is bigotted. The same people you claim looted and destroyed have simply moved into ACN from PDP; I don't see how changing party turns a thief into a saint. In any event, there is the LP doing very well in Ondo, it does not have to be PDP.
It is the fascist nature of ACN that is isolating the SW and in one sense, exposing it to these tests that to me, look like a test for a reaction to boko haram incursions.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Beaf: 2:41am On Mar 22, 2012
Mowire:
Man mi, are you sure you're okay? What's this issue got to do with Tinubu? Ya' lo wa nkan gidi se o.

What a question!
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Dainfamous: 2:44am On Mar 22, 2012
SW is up to you guys to join the WAGON wink
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by bittyend(m): 2:51am On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf:

The only difference between ACN and PDP is that ACN is bigotted. The same people you claim looted and destroyed have simply moved into ACN from PDP; I don't see how changing party turns a thief into a saint. In any event, there is the LP doing very well in Ondo, it does not have to be PDP.
It is the fascist nature of ACN that is isolating the SW and in one sense, exposing it to these tests that to me, look like a test for a reaction to boko haram incursions.

You don't need to tell us what to do - we'll decide when incumbent ACN governors finish their 8 years tenure. PDP had 8 years and did absolutely nothing. And we already united in the old Western region - we just need the Igbo leaders (not the average Igbos) and Eastern region to stop being dishonest, and join the us. We're already united with our brothers in Edo, and Itsekiris in Delta.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Dainfamous: 2:53am On Mar 22, 2012
This is the kind of news we supposed to be hearing in nigeria and other African countries will fear us plus the rest of the world.We need to step up and start acting like humans,being inventive is the key,with that knowledge you can control your environment and live a better life thing will be easier for the populace women will be having healthy babies no child mortality we improve our lives and life longer better treatment more jobs well policing good security system tourist destination,all these can be possible if we shun hatred look at in these day and age in Nigeria we are still killing and bombing people for no reason is shameful very embarrassing to me read this article pls

SCHOOL AND REFUSE DISPOSAL VEHICLES
Ijeoma Nnodum, Awka
Friday, March 16, 2012

The Anambra State Government will soon take delivery of school buses and refuse disposal trucks valued at over Four Hundered Million Naira from the Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company based in Nnewi. Gov. Obi disclosed this yesterday while inspecting the vehicles at the factory site, Nnewi.

Obi, while being conducted round the factory by the Chief Executive Office, Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, disclosed that the vehicles had been fully paid. He called on other Nigerian to encourage the growth of the factory by patronizing it.

The Governor, who expressed satisfaction that the company has become a success story, said that the government would order more vehicles, as well as give it other necessary support and encouragement.

Thanking the Governor, Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, recalled his various encouragement and support to the company. He said that it was the governor who made it possible for the president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to commission the factory as well as various other supports that made him to encourage other investors to come and invest in the state.

Mr. Chukwuma explained that the company is working round the clock to widen the frontiers of operations that would include manufacturing of vehicle engines in the country
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Dainfamous: 2:55am On Mar 22, 2012
This is the kind of news we supposed to be hearing in nigeria and other African countries will fear us plus the rest of the world.We need to step up and start acting like humans,being inventive is the key,with that knowledge you can control your environment and live a better life things will be easier for the populace women will be having healthy babies no child mortality, we improve our lives and live longer better treatment more jobs well policing good security system tourist destination,all these can be possible if we shun hatred look in these day and age in Nigeria we are still killing and bombing people for no reason is shameful very embarrassing to me read this article pls

SCHOOL AND REFUSE DISPOSAL VEHICLES
Ijeoma Nnodum, Awka
Friday, March 16, 2012

The Anambra State Government will soon take delivery of school buses and refuse disposal trucks valued at over Four Hundered Million Naira from the Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company based in Nnewi. Gov. Obi disclosed this yesterday while inspecting the vehicles at the factory site, Nnewi.

Obi, while being conducted round the factory by the Chief Executive Office, Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, disclosed that the vehicles had been fully paid. He called on other Nigerian to encourage the growth of the factory by patronizing it.

The Governor, who expressed satisfaction that the company has become a success story, said that the government would order more vehicles, as well as give it other necessary support and encouragement.

Thanking the Governor, Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, recalled his various encouragement and support to the company. He said that it was the governor who made it possible for the president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to commission the factory as well as various other supports that made him to encourage other investors to come and invest in the state.

Mr. Chukwuma explained that the company is working round the clock to widen the frontiers of operations that would include manufacturing of vehicle engines in the country
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Beaf: 2:56am On Mar 22, 2012
Da infamous: SW is up to you guys to join the WAGON wink

Exactly!
The way the SW is going will open up the South to boko haram if care is not taken. I don't want to even think that boko haram would imagine they can get away with attacking Lagos especially; that is something that will reverberate across the entire South. But those buffoons in ACN have left the SW totally unprepared, while they send their minions all over the internet to talk bigotted bullshiit.

There is a big beast knocking on the door and we should all be alert. Even if the leaders are scared, they should not allow their soil become the battle ground that endangers the rest and destroys businesses overnight.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Beaf: 2:58am On Mar 22, 2012
bittyend:
You don't need to tell us what to do - we'll decide when incumbent ACN governors finish their 8 years tenure. PDP had 8 years and did absolutely nothing. And we already united in the old Western region - we just need the Igbo leaders (not the average Igbos) and Eastern region to stop being dishonest, and join the us. We're already united with our brothers in Edo, and Itsekiris in Delta.

Join the real discussion whenever you drop the weed.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Dainfamous: 3:07am On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf:

Exactly!
The way the SW is going will open up the South to boko haram if care is not taken. I don't want to even think that boko haram would imagine they can get away with attacking Lagos especially; that is something that will reverberate across the entire South. [b]But those buffoons in ACN have left the SW totally unprepared, [/b]while they send their minions all over the internet to talk bigotted bullshiit.

There is a big beast knocking on the door and we should all be alert. Even if the leaders are scared, they should not allow their soil become the battle ground that endangers the rest and destroys businesses overnight.
that is why i keep telling SW people to see things through the lens not to be blinded on tribal reason ACN party is using fashola to confuse the rest of the SW states and when you look at other ACN governors their performance is wayy wayy below, to me really tinunbu is trying to build an empire that will suck up other parties especially PDP, but his greed and corrupt mind wont let the party fulfilled their full obligation............
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Beaf: 4:04am On Mar 22, 2012
Da infamous: that is why i keep telling SW people to see things through the lens not to be blinded on tribal reason ACN party is using fashola to confuse the rest of the SW states and when you look at other ACN governors their performance is wayy wayy below, to me really tinunbu is trying to build an empire that will suck up other parties especially PDP, but his greed and corrupt mind wont let the party fulfilled their full obligation............

Fashola has now been eclipsed by Akpabio, so that talismanic effect should be gone. However, people are still being used by Tinubu through the application of ethnic sentiment, but what is the result?
You would expect ACN to be able to rapidly react to these threats through its local govt chairmen to give those fools a bloody nose. But no, they allowed miscreants takeover the streets of Lagos without giving them as much as a black eye. How?
Everyday now, we hear that Fulani cattle rearers or other folk have committed largescale atrocities in the SW, while Tinubu is sitting there winking at girls his granddaughters age. My brother, it doesn't bode well.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by udezue(m): 4:29am On Mar 22, 2012
Seems like Hausa-Fulani have perfected the art of whooping Yoruba butts right in Yoruba land and some nitwits got the nerve to attack the Igbo like its their fault they can't even defend their own turf against a minority population of uneducated hungry Fulani-Hausa urchins. Keep talking and one day una go begin dey speak Hausa and Fulani. They already forced Islam on your asses.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by dayokanu(m): 5:08am On Mar 22, 2012

You mean during the 8yrs of PDP in the SW, Hausas were not fighting in Yorubaland?

How come Hausas are still a problem in PDP controlled Plateau and Benue?

[size=28pt]Delta villagers protest attacks by Fulani herdsmen [/size]

by Emmanuel Addeh, Warri

Tension continued to build in Delta State on Tuesday over alleged incessant attacks on residents by Hausa Fulani herdsmen in the state.

Residents of the affected areas in the state told journalists that the activities of the nomads had negatively affected their farmlands.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69341-delta-villagers-protest-attacks-fulani-herdsmen.html

See what Tinubu and ACN has caused in Delta State. Allowing Fulani herdsmen to attack villagers
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by dayokanu(m): 5:12am On Mar 22, 2012
By Aliuna Godwin, Abakaliki
TRADITIONAL rulers in Ebonyi State yesterday urged Fulani cattle rearers to vacate Okuma in Amangwu Edda Autonomous Community.

[size=18pt]This is in order to avert the collaboration with some security operatives to kill, maim and destroy farm crops of peasant farmers in the area[/size].

Even Ebonyi State is not left out of Tinubu and ACN instigated Fulani herdmen attacks
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Beaf: 5:13am On Mar 22, 2012
dayokanu:
You mean during the 8yrs of PDP in the SW, Hausas were not fighting in Yorubaland?

How come Hausas are still a problem in PDP controlled Plateau and Benue?

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/69341-delta-villagers-protest-attacks-fulani-herdsmen.html

See what Tinubu and ACN has caused in Delta State. Allowing Fulani herdsmen to attack villagers

Lolzzzz! I wonder why you didn't paste the whole story. I also wonder how you can compare villages to state capitals.
Paste the rest of the story, so we can understand the response of the villagers fully, bruv. ACN is useless to the people.

I never heard of this frequency of bold battles in the SW before ACN.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by dayokanu(m): 5:14am On Mar 22, 2012

[size=18pt]OWERRI-Two people are feared dead, while an unspecified number of women have been reportedly violated by Fulani herdsmen who invaded Umuapu community in Ohaji/Egbema local council area of Imo State with their cattle.

Vanguard investigation revealed that angered by the alleged gory activities of the Fulani herdsmen, scores of women and youths barricaded the ever busy Owerri-Port Harcourt federal highway yesterday to protest their plight.[/size]

Traffic along the highway was, for the greater part of yesterday, disrupted at Umuapu, while commuters were forced to seek alternative routes to get to their destinations.
One of the protesters, who simply identified himself as Chukwudi, lamented that “apart from the two dead villagers, the Fulani herdsmen have ceaselessly violated our women and girls as well as destroyed the crops in our farms.”

He described the grazing of their cattle on farmlands as “a deliberate ploy by these Fulani herdsmen to ensure that we are not food sufficient in Imo.”

Every effort made to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, a deputy superintendent of police, failed as he was said to be away from the office when Vanguard called.

However, a senior police officer in the State Police Headquarters, Owerri, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the incident and quickly added that normalcy had returned to the rural community.

“The police is aware of previous reports about the activities of the Fulani herdsmen in the area. We are investigating the incident but the villagers did not wait for us to complete our investigations before they jumped into the highway,” the police officer said.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by dayokanu(m): 5:16am On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf: ^
Lolzzzz! I wonder why you didn't paste the whole story. I also wonder how you can compare villages to state capitals.
Paste the rest of the story, so we can understand the response of the villagers fully, bruv. ACN is useless to the people.

Ohh OK I get it. Its better to attack the villagers than to attack the state capital

When State Capitals are attacked ACN and Tinubu is the cause
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by dayokanu(m): 5:17am On Mar 22, 2012
[size=28pt]TINUBU DON COME AGAIN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/size]

Uwheru clan protests killing of kinsmen by herdsmen
admin | March 9, 2012 | 0 Comments and 0 Reactions
| Print | E-mail Written by Sylvester Idowu, Warri Friday, 09 March 2012 Share Indigenes of Uwheru clan in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State, recently stormed the State House of Assembly in Asaba to protest incessant killings, maiming and raping of their people by Hausa/Fulani herdsmen. The protesters besieged the House of Assembly complex with
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Beaf: 5:18am On Mar 22, 2012
^
Has anybody been able to approach the Houses of Assembly in any SW state concerning the attacks on state capitals? And what did the Houses of Assembly do to protect the people?

dayokanu:
Ohh OK I get it. Its better to attack the villagers than to attack the state capital

Exactly! The state capital is the sit of power where govt is most visible, at the very least, there should be a response, not total silence.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by dayokanu(m): 5:20am On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf:

I never heard of this frequency of bold battles in the SW before ACN.

[size=18pt]Delta villagers protest attacks by Fulani herdsmen[/size]

by Emmanuel Addeh, Warri

Tension continued to build in Delta State on Tuesday over alleged incessant attacks on residents by Hausa Fulani herdsmen in the state.

Residents of the affected areas in the state told journalists that the activities of the nomads had negatively affected their farmlands.

The farmers from Uwheru, Ughelli North Local Gov ernment, who took their protest to the State House of Assembly, Asaba, the state Capital, displayed pictures of various relatives they claimed were killed in the various attacks by the herdsmen.

Another community, Ohoro community, in the same council of Delta State, had also last month barricaded the popular East-West Road over the issue.

At least two persons were killed in the bloody fight between the Fulani herdsmen and members of Ohoro community in the February incident.

The placard-bearing protesters, who were received by the Acting Clerk of the House, Mrs Lyna Ocholor, maintained that their lives were being threatened by the activities of the nomads.

It was learnt that trouble usually starts when the herdsmen's cows stray into farmlands belonging to the community, damaging crops and farmlands.

Angered by the trespass and damage, the farmers would confront the grazing cows of the nomads which would result in the use of dangerous weapons in reprisals.

Hundreds of placards-carrying Jesse women from Boboroku community in Ethiope West Local Government Area also recently protested against the Fulani to the Town Hall of the community, demanding the immediate evacuation of the herdsmen and their cattle from their farm lands
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by dayokanu(m): 5:23am On Mar 22, 2012
Beaf: ^
Has anybody been able to approach the Houses of Assembly in any SW state concerning the attacks on state capitals? And what did the Houses of Assembly do to protect the people?

Exactly! The state capital is the sit of power where govt is most visible, at the very least, there should be a response, not total silence.

[size=18pt]AFAN RESOLVES FACE-OFF BETWEEN FARMERS, HERDSMEN IN UMUAHIA[/size]

(Audio attached) AFAN resolves face-off between farmers, herdsmen in Umuahia NAN-H-128 Resolution Umuahia, Jan. 24, 2012 (NAN) The All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN), Abia Chapter, says it has reached a truce between farmers and Northern herdsmen in the state to resolve the lingering face-off between the two groups. Chief Dunlop Okoro, the state Chairman of AFAN,...
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 22, 2012
The only thing I'm seeing here is the urgent need to do something about this bokoharm herders.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:27am On Mar 22, 2012
Ethnic rivalry is another major problem in that country.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Ufeolorun(m): 5:31am On Mar 22, 2012
If any of you have got problem with the northerners you should all face them and stop the wishful thinking of hoping sensible people will join your clueless alliance that has failed to re work the east-west road or the niger-bridge.

Okada riders are fighting and you think that has got wider political implication,this is naive and also typical of baby alliances.
Stop straddling threads trying to look for a big brother to help you boost your minority alliance .Avenge your so called marginalisation now that you have the opportunity,face your enemies and fight them.
For the boys fighting abroad,I hope they stop and face their business before normal people become subnormal and unreasonable.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by SamIkenna: 5:43am On Mar 22, 2012
There is so much poverty in Nigeria, we all need to quit living in denial. These street ethinc clashes will increase exponentially with deadly results given the rate at which we're chuning out poor/ignorant kids. Since creation, men have always carved out turfs and territories for themselves and it worked initially because their sources of energy didnt overlap, today it does and we're reaping the results of years of planlessness from leaders who failed to realize the danger embeded in increasing population growth with decreasing energy source.

These clashes will keep occuring in areas inhabited or frequented by the very poor for reasons we all know. While its unarguable to say many Nigerians are poor, its even more factual to say that the poorest of the poors are from Hausa-Fulani ethnic group. So, brothers, is it any wonder why much of these fights always involve Hausa/Fulani? I think the time has come for Govt and leaders of ethnic groups in Nigeria (also rich business men of goodwill from all the ethnic groups) to step in and do something. Leaving the poorest of the poors to kill or be killed on the street is shameful and ungodly, in fact any proud person would never want his ethnic group to be seen in that light.

I, as an Igbo, will feel ashamed and pained if my people were this dirt poor and on the street killing their hosts. I expect people like Dangote and the likes to give some of their people some kind of help, at least he has enough money to open skill acquisition centers for the poor and maginalized. Of what use is money if we cant help people with it? In fact the burden should be heavier if the same poor people are your kits and kins. Being one of the richest in the world is for a reason and I expect Dangote and his likes from core north to please do something to help their people, please put a suck on this shame! - Hausa/Fulani is almost becoming synonimous with poverty and violence and men of goodwill should step in.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by ektbear: 6:52am On Mar 22, 2012
Man wtf is this sh1t
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by CaptBarbosa: 7:00am On Mar 22, 2012
DK you are one in a million. . .I like the way you kicked the arzz of that Ibo bigot called Beaf, hiding under Delta state to claim South South.

The grass cutter came with his usual drivel to attack SW by making it look as if, Tinubu was the problem caused by 8 years of PDP mis-rule in SW. You did a good work by calling the mascot out of his cave.

dayokanu:

Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 22, 2012
Its really shameful,but from some of the posts iv just read through,it seems some people in the south now see fulani attacks in the south as a normal thing which we should live with,but no;we in SE dont see it as normal,we see it as an insult,an affront in our own land and we put a stop to it.
Re: Yorubas And Hausas Clash In Ekiti by Beaf: 7:23am On Mar 22, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
DK you are one in a million. . .I like the way you kicked the arzz of that Ibo bigot called Beaf, hiding under Delta state to claim South South.

The grass cutter came with his usual drivel to attack SW by making it look as if, Tinubu was the problem caused by 8 years of PDP mis-rule in SW. You did a good work by calling the mascot out of his cave.

Na so una go de fight like say una be minority.
Carry go, bruv! Nutin do you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet King Mansa Musa I Of Mali - The Richest Human Being In All History / Questions For APC Nairaland Members;who Killed These People? / Corruption Probe: Jonathan Sent Us To Beg Buhari – Bishop Kukah Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.