Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here - Career (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (160840 Views)

Anatomy?,physiology?,or Medical Biochem? HELP!!! / **New**Opportunity for PHYSIOLOGY ,HUMAN ANATOMY and other BSc Graduates / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by akande115: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
urobodoski419:
Thanks so much . Please are you a student

Yes, I am a student of the University of Ibadan.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by urobodoski419(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
akande115:

Yes, I am a student of the University of Ibadan.
can we talk on WhatsApp
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by akande115: 10:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
urobodoski419:
can we talk on WhatsApp

Yes. We can.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:52am On Jul 28, 2021
urobodoski419:
Please everyone , I need ur assistance . I just got accepted into UI to study Physiology, as some of u probably know . I used my GCE results for my o level ; my issue now is that some other freshers told me that UI will ask for the original GCE certificate which I have to collect frm Waec office , and according to some staylites dat I asked , they said UI won't ask . I don't know what to do , I'm confused now , my question is this : will I use the Original certificate for Clearance or just the d statement of result ?

I hope you've already made plans on how to survive as a graduate after studying physiology.
You guys shouldn't be jumping into any available course just to answer undergraduates/graduates.
The current situation of the country doesn't warrant that.

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by urobodoski419(m): 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

I hope you've already made plans on how to survive as a graduate after studying physiology.
You guys shouldn't be jumping into any available course just to answer undergraduates/graduates.
The current situation of the country doesn't warrant that.
okay first , I'm not studying Physiology just because I want to answer undergraduate . Undergraduate no even be title . I'll try to cross to a professional Course or Comp sci but that will be determined by my GP . And what plans can I make , please enlighten me
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Elemere: 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
Some people have turned Nairaland to a place they say so many untrue words. There is nothing wrong with studying Anatomy and Physiology. They are Basic Medical Course. If u do not get a job in d hospital u get job elsewhere.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by urobodoski419(m): 8:18am On Aug 18, 2021
Elemere:
Some people have turned Nairaland to a place they say so many untrue words. There is nothing wrong with studying Anatomy and Physiology. They are Basic Medical Course. If u do not get a job in d hospital u get job elsewhere.
Bros , e be like say u no dey nigeria

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by MedicalSamwise(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
peacesamuel94:
most of the posts on this thread made me come to the conclusion that Nigeria is the way it is, because the youths have refused to think outside the box, our thinking only revolves around what jobs the government can give us and nothing else.

Despite the derogatory opinions i've read about Anatomy, my passion for the course has not changed , though I'm still a fresher I hope to come out not just with good grades but to make a difference, by implementing ideas that we create jobs for others rather than wait for the government.

Its been 5 years. How market �

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Postinor: 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
alphabbey1:
Many Students want to study Mbbs. They dont really knw what graduates of that course is facing now....
what are they facing
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by alphabbey1(m): 2:47am On Jun 07, 2023
Postinor:
what are they facing
Current world have gone past celebrating doctors. It was still fair even at the time I made that comment. You want money, go and study computer science or engineering courses... You want prestige, you can stick to being a doctor... and if you see any news saying there's shortage of doctors in Nigeria, read the content and you will know what the topic meant is there's shortage of doctors in hospitals and they are unwilling to employ more, not that there's nobody to employ.... Nothing like shortage, there's way too many doctors than hospitals available...
And The salary Is just too poor upon the high unemploynent rate...

Check average salary below and tell me what kind of good life someone can live on this... Think of how many years it takes to become a consultant and compare it with salary below.... Even in abroad, IT graduates live good life than Doctors...

Doctors work in some private establishments with inadequate pay leading to them moving from one facility to the other, and working round the clock in order to make ends meet, with the associated stress and burn out syndrome.

It is an irony that there is acute shortage of doctors in government facilities yet government is not employing, as many doctors migrate out of the country as a result of poor remuneration, welfare package, poor job satisfaction and other reasons

And take note, am not trying to paint the profession with the most negative brush, I have no beef with those in the profession, current reality is just what i stated....

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Postinor: 6:04am On Jun 07, 2023
alphabbey1:
Current world have gone past celebrating doctors. It was still fair even at the time I made that comment. You want money, go and study computer science or engineering courses... You want prestige, you can stick to being a doctor... and if you see any news saying there's shortage of doctors in Nigeria, read the content and you will know what the topic meant is there's shortage of doctors in hospitals and they are unwilling to employ more, not that there's nobody to employ.... Nothing like shortage, there's way too many doctors than hospitals available...

Check average salary below and tell me what kind of good life someone can live on this... Think of how many years it takes to become a consultant and compare it with salary below.... Even in abroad, IT graduates live good life than Doctors...

Doctors work in some private establishments with inadequate pay leading to them moving from one facility to the other, and working round the clock in order to make ends meet, with the associated stress and burn out syndrome.

It is an irony that there is acute shortage of doctors in government facilities yet government is not employing, as many doctors migrate out of the country as a result of poor remuneration, welfare package, poor job satisfaction and other reasons

And take note, am not trying to paint the profession with the most negative brush, I have no beef with those in the profession, current reality is just what i stated....
so what about pharmacist are they facing desame issue, but according to that picture I think it's quite wrong because they is no where a doctor can earn anything below 150k
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:59am On Jun 07, 2023
alphabbey1:

The figures you got from the internet are not accurate.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by alphabbey1(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

The figures you got from the internet are not accurate.
Yes you are right. That is not the full breakdown of the salaries and that picture only mention private hospitals. Updated salaries both in private and Government can be seen below... And you should know when it comes to private hospitals, salary might not fall in the range indicated in the picture depending on how expensive treatment is in that hospital..... My friend in Abuja used 175k to treat malaria. She was in the hospital for 5 days... so you should know doctors in that kind of hospital can be earning way higher......

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by alphabbey1(m): 4:43am On Jun 08, 2023
Postinor:
so what about pharmacist are they facing desame issue, but according to that picture I think it's quite wrong because they is no where a doctor can earn anything below 150k
Concerning the salary, you can check my last comment....
Pharmacists have no issue, they know there faith from the onset that they will more likely later become sales rep... Just graduate and open a pharmacy shop...... Even in Abroad, you will still be a sales rep (That's not bad)...

My pharmacist friend did his internship in University college hospital (UCH) last year, his salary was 150,000 Naira. Pretty good though... But you should know it all ends in that 1 year, the hospital doesn't retain...

My uncle was a successful pharmacist in America, he owned a pharmacist shop in South Carolina before he sold it in 2018 to venture into Oil business.... He do say he was lucky to be successful, his Nigerian pharmacist friends in same America weren't...

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Postinor: 6:34am On Jun 08, 2023
alphabbey1:

Pharmacists have no issue, they know there faith from the onset that they will more likely later become sales rep... Just graduate and open a pharmacy shop...... Even in Abroad, you will still be a sales rep (That's not bad)...

My pharmacist friend did his internship in University college hospital (UCH) last year, his salary was 150,000 Naira. Pretty good though... But you should know it all ends in that 1 year, the hospital doesn't retain...

My uncle was a successful pharmacist in America, he owned a pharmacist shop in South Carolina before he sold it in 2018 to venture into Oil business.... He do say he was lucky to be successful, his Nigerian pharmacist friends in same America weren't...
wow,ok thanks, so between pharmacy and radiography which one pays more
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Postinor: 6:36am On Jun 08, 2023
alphabbey1:

wow,ok thanks, so between pharmacy and radiography which one pays more, and also is the job opportunities for pharmacist still very much
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by alphabbey1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
Postinor:
wow,ok thanks, so between pharmacy and radiography which one pays more, and also is the job opportunities for pharmacist still very much

pharmacy pays more...
On the Job opportunity, one shouldn't even study pharmacy if u won't like the idea of opening a pharmacy shop....
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Postinor: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
alphabbey1:

pharmacy pays more...
On the Job opportunity, one shouldn't even study pharmacy if u won't like the idea of opening a pharmacy shop....
but can't a pharmacist open a company for drugs production
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by alphabbey1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
Postinor:
but can't a pharmacist open a company for drugs production
where will fresh graduate see money to build a drug producing company grin

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by GabbyGrace: 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
femijck:
@Liverpool man......it been ages here..........i will be going for my service this Nov........and i really wish d best for all physiologist in this house.......i've been trying to introduce this forum to some other cardiac perfusionist and exercise physiologist from Australia and NZ and also to british expatriates......to see how they can assist us with info......honestly physiology is not as bad as they make us feel......just open ur eyes to opportunity.........more info coming for all physiologist.......long live SPAN.

Can one do Masters in Physiotherapy with a b.sc in physiology? And which school in Nigeria accepts this
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Chessylelouch: 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
alphabbey1:

pharmacy pays more...

So between pharmacy and medicine what course do you think is better off?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by alphabbey1(m): 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2023
Chessylelouch:

So between pharmacy and medicine what course do you think is better off?
None, as far as Nigeria is concerned...

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online / Oil Workers Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.