Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Would You Get A Tattoo? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Would You Get A Tattoo? (28439 Views)

»»reasons NOT To Get A Tattoo«« / Miley Cyrus Got A Tattoo She'll Probably Regret. / Where Can I Get A Tattoo In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by Badman888(m): 9:32am On Mar 25, 2006
yah kinda
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by princeonx: 10:07am On Mar 25, 2006
I preffer Tathree!
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by gigitte(f): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2006
who said tattoos are not part of our culture? maybe not your part of nigeria, but my grandma sure has them, faded as they may be. they may not be fancy schmancy and so what if they are only one color, a tattoo is a tattoo is a tattoo
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by Skidoc(m): 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2006
davidylan:
it is not in our culture to brand ourselves like cattle in the name of getting tattoos.

It IS in our culture. Infact, we started it first before it moved to the West. My grandmothers and great-grand mothers have tattoos of their names, lizards, crocodiles,etc.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by Skidoc(m): 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2006
Ha aha, gigitte. We seem to be thinking in the same line. I didn't see your post before posting mine. cheesy
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by otokx(m): 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2006
no i wont.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by ojd(m): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2006
tattoes has been a part of us {Nigerians} from time immemorial so wats the big deal if I wear tattoe?
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by seductive(f): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2006
its depends actually,i will only get one that in my name,but i think some ppl go 2 d extreme about it.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by omogenaija(f): 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2006
chinani:

@ omoge

you kept it real! grin

fo sho
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by chinani(f): 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2006
@ skicdoc & gigitte

Do the tattoos have meaning for your grandmothers & greatgrandmothers or did they just think that the symbols, crocodiles, etc. were cute? Just wondering what inspired ppl to get tattoos in the past b/c it was commercial or popular.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by uche1(m): 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2006
love math (even though i don’t “practice” it these days). the funny symbol that i’m currently using is from my math studies.

someday i hope to get a tattoo with some mathematical formula or diagram that i find particularly pleasing, and/or is of meaning to me.

not in the immediate future though.

Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by gigitte(f): 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2006
chinani, im not sure because i never asked my grandma about them, but i know this old woman 'mama' who used to do my hair
also had them on her inner thighs, same place as my grandma. they were purple lines,
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by Outkast(f): 12:46am On Mar 26, 2006
Well my great-grandmother had one of a lion on her back and my grandmother had some kind of dove on it, I've asked and so far I've been told they're usually family crests or having to do with the spiritual realm and protection and stuff.

I personally don't see anything wrong with tattoos, you know everyone has their preference and as long as it's not offensive like "I worship the devil" or something outrageous I'm cool.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by reniks(f): 11:22am On Mar 26, 2006
I would have a tatoo if i was crazy about it,but am not.I don't think its wrong cos its a fad.A fad i feel would be out with time.If i ever get to love tatoos i'll get the temporary one cos i won't want to have to explain to my kids that it used to be a fad,when they think its a blemish and a silly fashion.My grandmother had her name tatooed on her legs and she did it in the name of fashion,but when i saw it i couldn't exactly appreciate or understand why she did it.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:10pm On Mar 26, 2006
@ Bluenubian
Why would you get a tattoo in "ghanian" i think thats kind of wack
but anwayz do u know what language it is? twi, asante, i don't even know the other ones?
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:12pm On Mar 26, 2006
Yup tattoos r a part of some cultures in Nigeria,
it is not uncommon to c Fulani people with facial tattoos,
I wonder how painful that was, ?
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by ocho(f): 3:56am On Mar 27, 2006
Will I get a tatto? Noooooo!! shocked besides the fact that getting it done is really painful(so i've heared and ocho fears pain), I fail to see the beauty in it, i really do!! undecided
Will I let my children get one? no, not at all.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by comechop(m): 7:20am On Mar 27, 2006
Tattoos? Count me out. Whats the point seriously? The fact is that it doesnt look well on us blacks and Africans. You can hardly even see it. Besides,
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:43am On Mar 27, 2006
@ Ocho
You will make a good mommy grin grin
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by dominobaby(f): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2006
Would i get a tatoo?HELLNO!!! You all say its fashion, but i don't see any sense in it in any form. It doesn't make u look cool! Honestly u get a questionable look, hmm,
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by ojd(m): 11:42am On Mar 27, 2006
dominobaby:

Would i get a tatoo?HELLNO!!! You all say its fashion, but i don't see any sense in it in any form. It doesn't make u look cool! Honestly u get a questionable look, hmm,

@ dominobaby

Have you ever seen a coloured tattoe? If u've not, try lookind around for one they are very cool
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:46am On Mar 27, 2006
i think tattoes are cool but it's not cool when you're only doing it to look cool/fit into the crowd when i want to do something, like say tattoo, belly button ring etc, i do it cuz thats me, cuz thats what i like and not just to fit into some stupid crowd shocked shocked
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by Reba(f): 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2006
Tatoos are cool I have two, and a third one coming.Tatoo is actual just a body art nothing more and nothing less. so if u don'nt feel comfortable with it so don'nt have it.Most people who have body art thats how they feel about them selves or about somedody or something they are expresssing themselves, So its wise to have a body art with a meaning.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by ojd(m): 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2006
Reba:

Tatoos are cool I have two, and a third one coming.Tatoo is actual just a body art nothing more and nothing less. so if u don'nt feel comfortable with it so don'nt have it.Most people who have body art thats how they feel about them selves or about somedody or something they are expresssing themselves, So its wise to have a body art with a meaning.

I quite agree wit ya. A tattoe becomes meaningful if/when it depicts something not just having one because u saw it on a movie "star" or something. But all the same, tattoes are real cool.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by ocho(f): 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

@ Ocho
You will make a good mommy  grin grin
cool cool cool
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by romeo(m): 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2006
what tha hell is wrong with tatoo?? even people with tribal scars on their faces are against tatoos too
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by dominobaby(f): 10:20pm On Mar 27, 2006
@ojd, i av seen dem coloured ones, just dat i aint down with tattos, coloured or not.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:28am On Mar 28, 2006
@ ojd
coloured tattoos on black people look wack, in fact i have never seen a coloured tattoo on a black person
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by hotangel2(f): 7:15am On Mar 28, 2006
I saw a tattoo in school, the girl sitting in front of me had it at her lower back (dont even ask me wat i was looking). It's soo beautifull, and it made me hunger for getting a tattoo. it was a colored butterfly, infact i cant explain it, and below was her name. Goergeous.

If im gon get a tatoo, it'll be temporary (one i can clean when i like, or one that'll fade withing 3-6 months). But right now, tatoo is not "shacking" me.
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by ojd(m): 8:12am On Mar 28, 2006
dominobaby:

@ojd, i av seen them coloured ones, just that i aint down with tattos, coloured or not.

no qualms just be urself.

JosBoy4Lif:

@ ojd
coloured tattoos on black people look wack, in fact i have never seen a coloured tattoo on a black person

Wat has the colour of ur skin got to do wit the type of tattoo you wear?
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:44am On Mar 29, 2006
@ ojd
Its not that it has to do with the colour of your skin. It just doesnt look good, at least thats what I think. Infact it is very uncommen to c a black person with a multi-coloured Tattoo except 4 maybe Dennis Rodman tongue tongue (My point Exactly)
Re: Would You Get A Tattoo? by ojd(m): 12:46am On Mar 29, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

@ ojd
Its not that it has to do with the colour of your skin. It just doesnt look good, at least thats what I think. Infact it is very uncommen to c a black person with a multi-coloured Tattoo except 4 maybe Dennis Rodman tongue tongue (My point Exactly)

point noted!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vivian Okpala Crowned The New Face Of Nigeria 2020 / 6 Ways You Can Prevent Razor Bumps / The African Woman, When?�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.