Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level (150374 Views)

Halliburton Recruitment For Entry Level Engineers In Port Harcourt / What's The Highest Salary, Your O'level Certificate Has Fetched You? / What Is Zenith Banks Salary For Entry Level (teller) Staff. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2012
As at last quarter of last year Diamond bank was the highest paid bank in Nigeria follow by Zenith and GT Bank.
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by Adjunct: 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2012
I resigned from DiamondBank. As a Trainee(1st 6 months), you are paid 80K monthly. Once you are converted to an Executive Trainee(ET), your annual gross payment becomes N2,796,000 but you receive N178K every month excluding your housing allowance at the begining of the year which is N245k.

5 Likes

Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by 234GT(m): 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2012
Adjunct: I resigned from DiamondBank. As a Trainee(1st 6 months), you are paid 80K monthly. Once you are converted to an Executive Trainee(ET), your annual gross payment becomes N2,796,000 but you receive N178K every month excluding your housing allowance at the begining of the year which is N245k.
please can you enlighten us more on why you resigned? Please educate us and lets share from your wealth of experience.
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by Jarus(m): 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
Why else will somebody other than getting a better job, or, less likely, going into self-employment.
I don't think that needs deep explanation the way your question sounded
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by Adjunct: 7:51pm On Apr 13, 2012
Ok, I actually resigned when I had saved up enough funds for further studies. I studied Engineering and wanted to have a career growth in my field. I was becoming too comfortable in the Bank without growth actually. I never wanted to stay more than 3 yrs in the Bank since many pple easily get carried away while there.

3 Likes

Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by 234GT(m): 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2012
Adjunct: Ok, I actually resigned when I had saved up enough funds for further studies. I studied Engineering and wanted to have a career growth in my field. I was becoming too comfortable in the Bank without growth actually. I never wanted to stay more than 3 yrs in the Bank since many pple easily get carried away while there.
okay. You left the job to pursue your passion. I feel its a good move. You have definitely created more jobs and I believe you are happier now.
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by Adjunct: 12:07am On Apr 14, 2012
234GT: okay. You left the job to pursue your passion. I feel its a good move. You have definitely created more jobs and I believe you are happier now.

Yeah bro, I now earn above N250k per month now and have time to write some professional exams. I never had time in the Bank. But that's me bro, sum pple are very much comfortable with what the Bank offer
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by 234GT(m): 7:13am On Apr 14, 2012
I think working in a bank exposes one to a lot of business opportunities.
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by Adjunct: 10:05am On Apr 14, 2012
234GT: I think working in a bank exposes one to a lot of business opportunities.

Any business you do in the Bank for your own personal interest is illegal and you can easily be laid off though...
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by 234GT(m): 10:52am On Apr 14, 2012
Sure. I meant gaining business ideas from clients of the bank especially loan seekers
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by ayoboy06: 6:32am On Apr 15, 2012
Union bank pays 158000 monthly

1 Like

Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by 234GT(m): 7:03am On Apr 15, 2012
ayoboy06: Union bank pays 158000 monthly
Before or after tax?
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by ayoboy06: 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2012
After tax......I work there
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by 234GT(m): 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2012
ayoboy06: After tax......I work there
When did you join the bank? Can you please fill the house in on the speed and mode of the recruitment process? I think its a bank with some level of job security.
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2012
Adjunct:

Yeah bro, I now earn above N250k per month now and have time to write some professional exams. I never had time in the Bank. But that's me bro, sum pple are very much comfortable with what the Bank offer

dude pls which branch of engineering did you major in? and what do you do now?..show some love man

1 Like

Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by seudocode: 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2012
@adjunct -I really salute your courage of resigning to follow your passion;but are u saying that diamondbank management always stick to there promise of upgrading there new intakes at exactly 6 months to N2.796M-cos most banks only state 6 months on the- job- training on paper, only to end up extending it up to 18-20months!-and with the on-going diamondbank recruitment nationwide 2012 ,I fear if they can end up upgrading them all in exactly 6 months.I am aware that accessbank pays 103K for degree holders with a promise of upgrading to 170k after TWO years of working with them (upon a signed bond of 2M to be refunded to the bank if u wish to exit anytime before two years).As a former insider of diamondbank,Please share your experience conserning the 6months training issue/extention, in your reply...thanks Oga!
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by ojuigosell(m): 2:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
see nobody dey talk about the Useless Bank of Africa (UBA) for here.... that bank na error
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by 234GT(m): 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2012
ojuigosell: see nobody dey talk about the Useless Bank of Africa (UBA) for here.... that bank na error
Do you have any bad experience with the bank? Share it with dha house!
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by chocknolis(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
Boko Haram bank pays more, i.e in bombs

1 Like

Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by supremebeing09: 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
oc2fish: I wonder why your asking if your godfather manage
to push you in. Wont you rejoice and give sweet
testimony in Church? despite the fact that we
all know how you get their. If you father is
not a strong shareholder in a Bank or own it
please forget bank job.

Give a testimony for finding a job in a bank? Get the FORK out of here. FORKING religious fanatic.
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by Ariyowilliams: 10:43am On Apr 27, 2012
The Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English like many others, defines ‘probation’ as a period of time, during which someone who has just started a job is tested to see whether they are suitable for what they are doing. By this definition, probation should be for a specified period of time. The question on the lips of some staff of United Bank for Africa (UBA) is, what meaning do the powers that be give to this word?

An ugly trend started in the bank that prides itself as Africa’s Global Bank last year when a set of freshers that were recruited in April 2011, having worked for the probationary period of 6 months, despite their confirmation were still said to be on probation. During the 6 months of probation, these set of staff were referred to as Executive Trainee on Probation (EToP) and months after their confirmation, they still remain EToP. This is fast becoming a norm in the bank as the subsequent batches of fresh employees are all victims of this obnoxious act.

Inquest reveals that on the confirmation letter issued to each of the staff, it was stated that “Following your satisfactory performance during the probationary period, Management is pleased to inform you that your appointment with the bank has been confirmed”. One begins to wonder the motive behind this if after confirmation, a staff is still said to be on probation.

Information has it that the Legal Department of the bank waded in, condemning the decision and advised the Human Resources Directorate to correct the but months after, nothing has been done on it.

In a bank like UBA where promotion is rare to come by, the fate of these helpless staff hang in the balance. The management of UBA should not because of the overpopulated labour market allow this injustice to stand for too long. A motivated staff is a dedicated staff.

1 Like

Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by beeodun: 10:34am On May 03, 2012
sorry to break the flow peeps but does anyone know about a job offer at any radio or tv station(for corpers and otherwise)/thanks!
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by pitoski(m): 6:45pm On May 06, 2012
160485: I know its neither Zenith nor Diamond.Zenith pays btw 100 and 110. Diamond pays 168, Gtb pays 198, Access pays btw 100 and 110. Fidelity pays 140.

I heard First bank pays over 200
i agree with you. But i tink ETB pays high too.
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by oseiwe(m): 6:29am On May 07, 2012
Adjunct: Ok, I actually resigned when I had saved up enough funds for further studies. I studied Engineering and wanted to have a career growth in my field. I was becoming too comfortable in the Bank without growth actually. I never wanted to stay more than 3 yrs in the Bank since many pple easily get carried away while there.
Bros, I wld really love to meet u cos I nid to take dat step of faith too. Drop ur pin or email or fone number pls.
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by mycece: 9:04pm On May 07, 2012
www.connectandgrowrich.gnbo.com.ng - i wish i knew this earlier..............pay off those nagging bills at ease!
Re: The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level by Mcnoble: 8:33pm On May 09, 2012
Forget.. First Bank is the best paying bank for now o.. I am talking of 2012 May o (ever since they have reveiwed the salary). 3.2M.. Shiikena..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.