Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,263 members, 7,846,232 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? (16474 Views)

Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals / Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2012
Odunnu: Even if its as low as N500 I used an ATM to withdraw and it didnt dispense yet debited my a/c, I will not rest until its credited and apology tendered.

Wait till Monday and report officially to both banks. What nonsense!

Apology ke! Hmmm! the money wey u go spend go complain. abi e neva reach or pass that 500 bucks wey u dey drag. grin
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by mikymouse1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2012
A lot of ignorance on display! Smh
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by dastudent(m): 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2012
Its a common problem.Go to your bank and it should be fixed within a week or two.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by emsquare(m): 9:38am On Mar 25, 2012
I had similar experience with Gtbank, The respond was Great! It was a quick fix within 24hrs...

Complain to the customer of your bank abt the atm ish! It should be resolved
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by yuzedo: 11:08pm On Mar 25, 2012
"ATM Ate" her money?? shocked shocked
I hope it displayed etiquette and good table manners!
grin Did it "eat" the money with fork & knife, ketchup, etc? tongue
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by yuzedo: 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2012
mykejones(m)
Girlfriend gav me skl fees2pay for her. UBA machine rolls d bills,but didn't give me. I jus stand dia,confused..i jus start dey cry.
I started cryin because UBA no b bank to Zap wit.
I enter d bank,start2dey beg dem frm desk2desk. Am sure they stl knw me in dat bank 4years latr.
48hours latr,dem personally cal me 2com collect am.
My sister,beg dem o
Kai!!! grin grin grin
I can relate mehn! UBA = Bad-a.s.s.Bank! cry angry
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Zofvizuals(m): 9:53am On Mar 26, 2012
Small challenge, the only time you don't experience dispense error is when you use ATM overseas or you don’t use the ATM at all.
Check your account balance today for the reversal of the said amount & if not done by this morning you may report @ access bank today with your transaction details never mind if you don’t have a printout from the machine.
fillout the following:
1. Time range when the transaction happened
2. The bank ATM used & location where the incident happened
3. The amount involved
They’ll simply ask you to wait for a couple of days for the necessary investigations to be carried out between the 2 banks & your account will be credited.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Jasiel(f): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
you guys are wonderful. i love u all so much (especially those of u who had my back). i wonder why someone would think i dont know how to use an atm machine. mtcheeewww. anyway i got a reverse debit entry and didnt need to shout the bank down although i have to say i was already spoilt for war. unfortunately, i met some one the next day who experienced the same problem and was yet to receive a reversal. my conclusion is that although we've made considerable progress, this country isnt yet ready for a cashless policy
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Odunnu: 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

Apology ke! Hmmm! the money wey u go spend go complain. abi e neva reach or pass that 500 bucks wey u dey drag. grin
FYI My dad is an Economist, my mom a teacher and me an accountant. We are 'good managers' and it runs in my blood. Lol.
If an ATM 'eats' my money, e go must vomit am back. Nansense!!
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by aieromon(m): 12:14am On Mar 27, 2012
Jasiel: you guys are wonderful. i love u all so much (especially those of u who had my back). i wonder why someone would think i dont know how to use an atm machine. mtcheeewww. anyway i got a reverse debit entry and didnt need to shout the bank down although i have to say i was already spoilt for war. unfortunately, i met some one the next day who experienced the same problem and was yet to receive a reversal. my conclusion is that although we've made considerable progress, this country isnt yet ready for a cashless policy

Its nice that the eror has been rectified.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by felifeli: 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
denitro: Ecobank took my N60,000.. Its been 2 years now....
Really ! Their ATM took my 5000 Naira only 4 days ago . So no hope for me then ?
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by annastacia15(f): 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
diluminati: First Bank didnt eat your money! even seun sef, you put this up front to show how dumb nigerians can be? @op go and check your balance 24 hrs later, you'll see your money there, no bank ate your money

This is the most dumbest thing I ever heard, first bank has stolen my mum's money twice, debited her account without paying her, one in 2011, another now in 2013.... Till now, the money has not been returned!! So speak for yourself, she used her atm in a first bank atm and not even another bank!! They call it an incovinience, I call it broad daylight stealing!!!

1 Like

Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Carstuffs: 12:28am On Nov 20, 2013
Every bank has atm issues but its how well and fast it is resolved. Nigerians including students have lost millions of naira to atm malfunctions. It is our collective responsibility to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of our banks. It pains to lose N100. So lets make our voices heard.
Source: www.bankwahala.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union / Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? / Zenith Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.