Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara (4194 Views)

Owerri As An Emerging Political Capital Of Igboland / Obasanjo Is A Coward —ex-senate President Wabara / Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by Beaf: 2:59am On Mar 24, 2012
[size=14pt]Mimiko, emerging political leader – Wabara[/size]
On March 24, 2012 · In News
12:31 am

The Ondo State Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko has been described by the former Senate President, Adolphous Wabara as an emerging political leader even as his Niger State counterpart, Alhaji Babangida Aliyu advised him to ignore manipulators and propagandists plotting against him.

Senator Wabara made the declaration Thursday night at the Nigerian Tribune Awards ceremony where Mimiko won the Governor Of The Year Award. The award took place at the Sheraton Hotels Abuja.

He said all eyes should be on Mimiko as an emerging political leader adding that the award should spur him to do more for humanity.

His Niger state counterpart, Alhaji Aliyu at the event praised the Ondo State governor for standing out among his peers. He particularly gave him kudos for demonstrating enough courage to leave the People’s Democratic Party when he was short changed and opted for a new platform to contest the gubernatorial election in the state four months to the election and still got the people’s mandate.

Stressing that the governor is leaving his footprints on the sand of time, Aliyu urged Mimiko not to be bothered about manipulators who are plotting against him saying that it is obvious the governor is loved and has the support of his people.

“You are Omoluabi, if you can leave our party four months to an election and you were able to get your people’s mandate it means you are loved by your people. Because you are a man of character you left us and proved that you are wanted by your people even when you crossed to a new party. “Don’t worry about people who would want to manipulate the situation, you are a very good man” Babangida said.

Also at the event, the Chairman of the Tribune stable , Chief Mrs HID Awolowo described Mimiko as one among equals, while the Senate President , David Mark called him a performer together with whom he acted on behalf of NADECO, a civil formation which fought for the enthronement of democracy in the country.

Recieving the award, Mimiko said it will serve as a challenge for his government to do more.

“On behalf of the government and people of Ondo state, we thank The Tribune title as this award will serve as a challenge for us to do more “ the governor said remarking that Tribune is testimony to the genius of its founder, Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/mimiko-emerging-political-leader-wabara/
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by obowunmi(m): 4:20am On Mar 24, 2012
how much did he pay for this feature ---- angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by Beaf: 5:09am On Mar 24, 2012
obowunmi: how much did he pay for this feature ---- angry angry angry angry angry

Mimiko is a good governor, so I doubt he had to pay. What I find intriguing is the background moves that seem to be shaping up toward Ondo's elections next February. Its increasingly looking like it will become a PDP - ACN rofo-rofo!
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by CaptBarbosa: 8:05am On Mar 24, 2012
Another Yoruba thread by this low life Ibo bigotted cun't. Get a life!
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by Funkymallam(m): 9:52am On Mar 24, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

And who told u he is ibo?
Did he insult Mimiko or say anything negative about him? He just said mimiko is a gud man, which is true and u call him a bigot.

Pls, what is d meaning of a bigot?
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by Leyelyzo: 9:54am On Mar 24, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

Dont start the tribal war pls
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by apata(m): 10:06am On Mar 24, 2012
How Much did he pay for this Award, Just because of the coming election in the state. No Governor has won 2nd term election in my state, so yours will not be an exception. ACN wind is blowing ONDO State must integrate with other south west state. Just my 2 cent
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by DrTee1(m): 10:40am On Mar 24, 2012
Let those beefing the Iroko continue. How much did he pay? Continue to ask!

He paid Tribune to give him the Award. He paid Vanguard to carry the story, he paid NTA to show it Live. He paid Aliyu Chief Servant to praise him. He piad World Bank to eulogise him. How much did David Mark pay to get the same Tribune Award?

Paid indeed. You are only chasing shadows. Wabara is right! To those claiming no one ever got two terms, that jinx has been routinely broken by several governors in Nigeria. Mimiko is 'sui generis.' Only God can stop him. Fortunately, or unfortunately for you, God loves him. He might not have made Ondo State eldorado yet but for a man who picked the state from the mess PDP left it without a handover note, you only begin to wonder what he would do if he has 8years!

Fashola is working in Lagos but we often forget that Asiwaju Ojuyobo gave him an 8 year foundation. Another of Tinubu's proteges is an embarrassment in Osogbo, isn't that a known truth? So the plaudits must go to Fashola as it is currently going to Mimiko. Not Tinubu or ACN.

What is worse, there are too many contestants in the ACN Ondo State and there is bound to be inter-party squabbles when a candidate is lorded over them from Lagos. Let's wait and see. ACN in Ondo State will self-destruct, Aregbe has started the process for them with his unprovoked verbal attack in Lagos.

Has anyone noticed that Iroko did not respond? It was even Governor Fayemi of Ekiti and top ACN bigwigs who were even defending Mimiko in the papers and alienating themselves from Rauf's prohibitive comments.what is more endearing,Mimiko is a Yoruba to the core. An Iroko that he truly is, he is unaffected ny the polotical colouration, he is just driving Ondo State forward! Not fighting any of his political leaders or contemporaries in other parties.

Remember OBJ also did the same to him in the run off to the 2007 Guber polls! What is more, Tribune is more inclined towards PDP as The Nation is to ACN. Yet he gets the Tribune 'Best Governor Award' as well as rich remarks from the chairman of the Governors Forum! What more do we need to say?

Without pre-empting anything, let the people decide at the polls but the Iroko is doing well at the moment, no doubt!
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by adino(m): 10:58am On Mar 24, 2012
Mimiko is too matured to respond to Aregbe Rascal and Mimiko is too into politics to join issues with ACN. Mimiko for now is the best performing Governor in the South West (even above the over-hyped Fashola). Ondo election will be held on the ground and not on the pages of newspaper. L.P will so floor ACN that Ribadu's performance in the presidential election will look like a victory to ACN.
The real challenger to L.P in Ondo is still PDP and even PDP will be beaten flatly by L.P. I pity the Aregbesola the goat bearded mental case.
Please, we need the prayers and help from all well meaning Nigerians to come to the aid of Aregbesola the goat bearded one, we do not need to have a raving psychiatric patient in a Governors house as there are too many problems we are facing already as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by kwaghe: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2012
The PDP is desperately trying to woo the Iroko to their corrupt umbrella. Mimiko should be wary of them, he can still win his re-election under the platform of the labour party.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by oloye121: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2012
Well Said Mr Tee. Its a fact that Iroko is one of the best governors in Nigeria, and I hope he gets his second term. The people of Ondo state should be wary of ACN. We know that Fashola is working in Lagos, but what about other states? The governors there are doing nothing. Its so sad that all ACN governorship candidates have turned Tinubu to their God. All are now desperately begging him to be chosen. It will be a sad day if Ondo state ends up being ruled by remote from Lagos.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by badesco(m): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2012
It is a statement of facts that Gov. Mimiko (Iroko) of Ondo State is truly an emerging yoruba and political leader, so whether they like or not he will surely be In Jesus Name.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 24, 2012
Hummmmmm, O-M-O-L-U-A-BI, I-R-O-K-O, I-P-A-D-A-B-O S-U-R-E 2-0-1-3 is real and no shaking.

ALL TREES IN THE FOREST DO SHED LEAVES BUT IROKO DOESN'T. LP IS INCREASING WHILE PDP AND ACN ARE DECREASING.

ACN is a caricature party without Raji Fashola, Let Ogbeni Rauf show case the dividend of democracy interms of facilities in Osun State. All the people that worked for the reality of ACN in Osun what has he done for them? Abandoned, he alone spent 8 months without a Commissioners as if the ascension to the post of Governor came to him unexpected. Till the last day he was declared as the governor of osun state he was a commissioner in Lagos state, while the people of osun ACN members went into hidden due to Pin Din Pin embarrassment.
The developments of facilities that was carried out in Ondo state in 3 years of Iroko's administration surpasses 6 years of GAGAGU administration.

What is it that ACN wants to offer us, where were they in 2007?

IROKO FOR SECOND TERM IS SURE.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2012
I like the guy. He's one Governor that seems to be focused on bringing 'the dividends of democracy wink' (i know that's a worn out cliche, just couldn't help myself grin) to Ondo citizens, and he's not one to be bullied.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by sunky644(m): 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2012
I think true residents and indigenes of Ondo state are in d best position to say our governor is an angel. Much as we ve seen and heard that he has done and he is still doing, know one fact that he is never a saint and he has his own Bleep-ups dat we just ve to keep mute about. My take on his second term is this;
1. If he served under Pa Ajasin and later betrayed him by pitching his tent with Akin Omoboriowo Just because Baba was to be returned to office for d second time
2. If he served as Commissioner for Health under Chief Adebayo Adefarati and later betrayed him also by decamping to PDP because Chief Adefarati imposed himself on the then Alliance for Democracy (AD) party to contest for the second term
3. If on getting to PDP freshly he was appointed SSG and later given a Ministerial appointment under Dr. Olusegun Agagu and also later betrayed him by leaving PDP and forming another party just because Agagu was to run for second term too
Then what makes him a SAINT or an ANGEL to now claim he is d best person to rule the state two terms? Please don't forget he couldn't ve offered a selfless service upto the way Pa Ajasin did and never got the second term...
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by BlackPikiN(m): 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2012
I still dont know why people want to turn this to a tribal bashing thread.

IROKO is the Man and Ondo peeps are very much glad to have him as the Governor. cheesy cheesy
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by Beaf: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2012
Funkymallam:

And who told u he is ibo?
Did he insult Mimiko or say anything negative about him? He just said mimiko is a gud man, which is true and u call him a bigot.

Pls, what is d meaning of a bigot?

What do you expect from a member of ACN where thugs like Aregbesola reign supreme? He is ownly behaving like his bosses and making wild attempts to put politics in an ethnically bigotted garb.

All hail ACN, Nigeria's newest ethnic group! grin
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by gregg2: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2012
ACN rascals are hipocrites. Iroko will floor them.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by CaptBarbosa: 3:30pm On Mar 24, 2012
I dare you to meet me here in Abuja, if truely you are PDP card carry member. Lets meet @ Bolingo hotels, 8 pm tonight or any location of your choice.

Phocking Ibo bigotted cun't. Go open threads about your eastern jungle and free southwest. Fool.

Beaf:

What do you expect from a member of ACN where thugs like Aregbesola reign supreme? He is ownly behaving like his bosses and making wild attempts to put politics in an ethnically bigotted garb.

All hail ACN, Nigeria's newest ethnic group! grin
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by Beaf: 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
I dare you to meet me here in Abuja, if truely you are PDP card carry member. Lets meet @ Bolingo hotels, 8 pm tonight or any location of your choice.

Phocking Ibo bigotted cun't. Go open threads about your eastern jungle and free southwest. Fool.

Bwahahahahaharrrrrrrrr!! See this ACN RASCAL!!
[size=14pt]Up Mimiko, the Iroko![/size]
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by CaptBarbosa: 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2012
Usual empty drivel of an anthrax infested cun't. take up the challenge.

Beaf:

Bwahahahahaharrrrrrrrr!! See this ACN RASCAL!!
[size=14pt]Up Mimiko, the Iroko![/size]
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by marvel4ben: 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2012
Im not here to criticise nor condemn Mimiko,but still wondering how somepeople can write and place on internet for people to read without having there fact,who told Abelralph and his cohorts that Mimiko 3years surpasses Agagu 6yearswhere do you get your own analysis and what criterial did you used to arrived at that?Let me tell you, people move against Agagu because people of Ondo state doesnt want anybody to rule them twice and not because He didnt performed.Even the Mimiko himself agreed that Agagu worked but he only promise to go for a term during their negotiation...so stop saying what you dont know.Idiots
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by onyewec3: 7:19pm On Mar 24, 2012
Aregberascal is a piggy.tinubu's area boy! Wen he was commisioner in lagos,I hate d guy so much.proud and praise tinubu more than his father.piggy
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by olajide8(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
See how people are fighting for what they know nothing about mimiko has spent his tenor he is what I term a political prostitute I am coming out in 2017, if tribune can give him an award for building halls and clinics ( rather then general hospitals) and secondary schools as if we have forgotten that Ondo state started the unity school syndrome how many people have or has the state government employed what are the roads between Owo and Ikare like what have the do for ilaje community has he established a commodity pricing boards no interstate rail service mehn vote for me come 2017 OTUNBA .
J.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by Beaf: 9:12pm On Mar 24, 2012
olajide_07: See how people are fighting for what they know nothing about mimiko has spent his tenor he is what I term a political prostitute I am coming out in 2017, if tribune can give him an award for building halls and clinics ( rather then general hospitals) and secondary schools as if we have forgotten that Ondo state started the unity school syndrome how many people have or has the state government employed what are the roads between Owo and Ikare like what have the do for ilaje community has he established a commodity pricing boards no interstate rail service mehn vote for me come 2017 OTUNBA .
J.

"The Unity School syndrome" is the most glaring of the inaccuracies in your post, sir. Unity schools are Federal Govt Colleges which have no bearing on the residents states capabilities; the one at Ido-ani was built by the FG and is still run by the FG.
FGC Ido-ani is also nowhere near the ages of the first two Unity schools, Kings College and Queens College (both in Lagos). Between Kings College and FGC Ido-ani, there are the likes of FGC Portharcout, FGC Warri etc.

The next most glaring inaccuracy in your post is ascribing the lack of an interstate rail to Mimiko. Railway lines, like petroleum are 100% owned, planned, built and managed by the FG. We should be thankful that Mimiko has always displayed a mature approach and not given to telling incredible lies like the uncultured thug, Aregbesola in neighbouring Osun state, who has being spreading laughable tales about buying rail carriages and repairing rail lines. Perhaps, Aregbesola will soon claim to have bought the bridges on federal roads, while Mimiko has his raw performance to bear him witness.

I could go on, but I think thats enough for now.
Please, let us be factual in our arguments.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by emiye(m): 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2012
What i sense is that PDP will at least be happy to have ondo state go to Labour party than to ACN (their major political rival). The real contest in feb 2013 will be between ACN and LP. Although baring any unforeseen situation, Labour party will have the day.

Some months back, he also won the governor of the year award from the Nigerian Union of Journalist.I know he has done a lot in the health sector of the state, apart from that, i really don't know of his other accomplishments.

I am aware in the south west after Lagos state, Ondo state gets the highest allocation from the Federal Government, being an oil producing state. I will love to get more gists of the man Mimiko from those in the state, as the expectation from him should be relatively high.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by Mowire: 3:52am On Mar 25, 2012
Comment and commendations from non-Ondo residents and indegines. The feedback from Ondo, basically, is that Iroko may require Divine help to get 2nd term. Already the Ikales & Akokos don't want him.
BTAIM, I don't think Mimiko is an emerging political leader in the way Wabara put it, not even in Ondo, much less Nig.
I have nothing against the man, though, at least he's following his vision & no story of unbriddled corruption.
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by olajide8(m): 7:07am On Mar 25, 2012
Beaf:

"The Unity School syndrome" is the most glaring of the inaccuracies in your post, sir. Unity schools are Federal Govt Colleges which have no bearing on the residents states capabilities; the one at Ido-ani was built by the FG and is still run by the FG.
FGC Ido-ani is also nowhere near the ages of the first two Unity schools, Kings College and Queens College (both in Lagos). Between Kings College and FGC Ido-ani, there are the likes of FGC Portharcout, FGC Warri etc.

The next most glaring inaccuracy in your post is ascribing the lack of an interstate rail to Mimiko. Railway lines, like petroleum are 100% owned, planned, built and managed by the FG. We should be thankful that Mimiko has always displayed a mature approach and not given to telling incredible lies like the uncultured thug, Aregbesola in neighbouring Osun state, who has being spreading laughable tales about buying rail carriages and repairing rail lines. Perhaps, Aregbesola will soon claim to have bought the bridges on federal roads, while Mimiko has his raw performance to bear him witness.

I could go on, but I think thats enough for now.
Please, let us be factual in our arguments.
I am from AKOKO, Believe it or not @beaf knowledge they say is power and over this particular issue forget it, Victory Secondary school akure is a state owned unity school built to provide the same services, better still as an alternative to indigents children of the state as against the federal govt college Ido-Ani, so their your wrong, lagos state has model college kanko, model college badore coined after the unity system of Ondo state, a none oil producing state is thinking of the blue and red metro-line check my new topic post while fashola is busy signing investment contracts for the actualisation mimko is praising himself for building health centres(clinics) telling me this is what my people want because they requested for them at a town hall meeting rubbish, open the veil of their eyes and they would go militant (they would ask what all the allocations F.G is giving them is going into), if they know they can get more, the S.W is pushing for an agenda to build rail lines which would work beside the federal link interstate roads which would serve as an alternative transport route, health standards which would be standardised at the same price across the region and you tell me mimiko is working he is actually pulling us back I come from the state and have gone their on a few occasion but passing through mostly, I just don't come from the state I am a crowned prince so I am more grounded then you when it comes to my state, you want better governance drum up support for me come 2017 shekena!
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by OLADIMEHJI(m): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2012
@olajide_07 y do u fail to reason lyk a reasonable person? so u r now comparin ondo state n lagos state. do u tink Ondo state has d same capital available to Lagos state? n moreova lagos state is far in terms of infrastructure n development not because it came into existence tru tinubu nor Governor fashola but because d structure had been laid since it was used as nigerian former FCT. n moreova u r talkin abt one state investin into transportation n d oda investin in hospital, to b frank wic of d two is more needed of d two here in ondo? n I l lyk to ask u few questions so dat @ d end of d day u can correct urslf:
(1) aw many dual lane roads do we v in d entire ondo state? in comparison to lagos aw many do A.tinubu n G.fashola met by d tym dey becum d gov. of lagos state @ dre disposal?
(2) aw many towns n citys do we witness traffic jams in ondo state dat makes us to b in nid of rails as anoda means of transportation lyk lagos?
(3)aw many private companies do we v in Ondo state lyk Lagos state.
so dse few reasons nid to make u realise dat we stl nid to put a lot of tins on ground to woo private companies down to Ondo state n ds wl inturn boost our IGR n more people wl troop down to Ondo state for jobs n livin wic I believe dat is wat our honourable Gov. Olusegun Rahman Mimiko is tryin to achieve. (creatin a realiable structure for d development of Ondo state ). Til den I believe ondo state vision is so diff. to dat of Lagos. tnx
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by OLADIMEHJI(m): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2012
@olajide_07 y do u fail to reason lyk a reasonable person? so u r now comparin ondo state n lagos state. do u tink Ondo state has d same capital available to Lagos state? n moreova lagos state is far in terms of infrastructure n development not because it came into existence tru tinubu nor Governor fashola but because d structure had been laid since it was used as nigerian former FCT. n moreova u r talkin abt one state investin into transportation n d oda investin in hospital, to b frank wic of d two is more needed of d two here in ondo? n I l lyk to ask u few questions so dat @ d end of d day u can correct urslf:
(1) aw many dual lane roads do we v in d entire ondo state? in comparison to lagos aw many do A.tinubu n G.fashola met by d tym dey becum d gov. of lagos state @ dre disposal?
(2) aw many towns n citys do we witness traffic jams in ondo state dat makes us to b in nid of rails as anoda means of transportation lyk lagos?
(3)aw many private companies do we v in Ondo state lyk Lagos state.
so dse few reasons nid to make u realise dat we stl nid to put a lot of tins on ground to woo private companies down to Ondo state n ds wl inturn boost our IGR n more people wl troop down to Ondo state for jobs n livin wic I believe dat is wat our honourable Gov. Olusegun Rahman Mimiko is tryin to achieve. (creatin a realiable structure for d development of Ondo state ). Til den I believe ondo state vision is so diff. to dat of Lagos. tnx
Re: Mimiko, Emerging Political Leader – Wabara by OLADIMEHJI(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2012
@olajide_07 y do u fail to reason strait? so u r now comparin ondo state n lagos state! do u tink Ondo state has d same capital available to Lagos state (IGR + FED ALLOCATION)? n moreova lagos state is far in terms of infrastructure n development not because it came into existence tru A.tinubu nor Governor fashola but because d structure had been laid since it was used as nigerian former FCT. n moreova u r talkin abt one state investin into transportation n d oda investin in hospital, to b frank wic of d two is more needed here in ondo? n I l lyk to ask u few questions so dat @ d end of d day u can correct urslf:
(3)aw many private companies do we v in Ondo state lyk Lagos state dat can aid private companies to partner wt us easily? (4)Or u failed to av it in mind dat most of d lagos projects r always in partnership wt private investors. private investors wnt partner wt u until dem believe dat dre is market for dem I.e people dat l patronies dem. wat is d population of young men n women in Ondo state compared to lagos dat can patronise d private investors' markets?
(5)dont forget dat most Ondo state projects r financed tru ondo state's purse n not partnerships except dat of Gani Fawehinmi diagnostic centre. unlyk Lagos states projects dat is always based on private pubic partnership.wic d populace l stl av to bore d burden after payin huge taxes.( so pls don't compare).

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: Boko Haram Founder Yusuf, Asari Dokubo and P.Oritsejafor smiling together / Lagos And Ondo States Gas Reserves And 'NEPA'. / unique Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.