Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN (4384 Views)

Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe / Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff / PDP Convention: Live Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by BlackPikiN(m): 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2012
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) says the kangaroo national convention held by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Saturday has sealed the fate of the party as an undisputed one-man-show that is totally contemptuous of internal democracy.

In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party also described President Goodluck Jonathan as an emerging dictator who, in the process of remaking the PDP in his own image, has further pushed the party into the realms of abyss.

It said President Jonathan must by now be regretting the day he took a swipe at other political parties for lacking in internal democracy, when his party cannot even spell the word ‘democracy’, not to talk of possessing it.

”Only a few weeks ago, President Jonathan said the PDP is the only truly democratic party in the country, while all others are mere one-man shows. In making the statement, the aphorism that ‘he who lives in a glass house does not throw stones’ was lost on the President.

Bamanga Tukur casting his vote at the convention, Saturday in Abuja.
”Today, the joke is on the same President, who cajoled and arm-twisted others to step down for his anointed candidate as Chair of the PDP during a mock convention. It is now obvious that President Jonathan either does not understand what internal democracy means, or he is being deliberately cheeky in castigating other political
parties for lacking in internal democracy,” it said.

ACN said with the PDP convention debacle, coming shortly after he single-handedly installed the governor of his state – against all democratic tenets – President Jonathan has finally jettisoned all pretense to being a democrat, and has transformed from a closet dictator to an Emperor and a Maximum Ruler of the PDP kingdom.

”Interestingly, the President, in a speech read on his behalf by Vice President Namadi Sambo at the so-called convention, described the PDP as the ‘strongest party in the history of the country’. What he does
not realize is that resorting to brute force and arm-twisting to achieve a pre-determined goal do not constitute strength in politics.

Rather, they are the early signs of megalomania and the onset of full-blown dictatorship,” the party said.
It said the situation is compounded by the fact that the PDP is the ruling party, adding: ”If there is any truth in the saying that no one can give what he does not have, then the PDP as a ruling party is incapable of sustaining or deepening democracy in the country, hence should be voted out of power by the good people of Nigeria at the next general election.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/pdp-convention-mockery-of-democracy-acn/
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Mar 25, 2012
What's ACN's business wiith what goes on in PDP? Their job should be to provide an alternative and i don't see them doing that. Is it not Tinubu that handpicks all the ACN candidates? have they ever conducted an election in ACN before?
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Beaf: 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2012
Is ACN serious? Lol!
I recall their members heading for the junction at Iyan Isolo to invoke evil spirits, because of the imposition of candidates by Tinubu and Aregbesola (the clown who is always disturbing Fashola in Lagos and neglecting Osun).
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by manuch(m): 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2012
wetin concern Acn for P.D.P.matter.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Ejine(m): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2012
PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN

ACN "Progressivism," insult to our intelligence.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by BlackPikiN(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2012
Beaf: [size=15pt]Is ACN serious[/size]? Lol!
I recall their members heading for the junction at Iyan Isolo to invoke evil spirits, because of the imposition of candidates by Tinubu and Aregbesola (the clown who is always disturbing Fashola in Lagos and neglecting Osun).

That's why I posted this.

I still dey wonder whether ACN don attempt to do one.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Ejine(m): 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2012
I mean, these are people whose very decisions squarely lie in the hands of a repulsive, horribly misshapen, kleptomaniac overlord in Bourdillion. Talk about hypocrisy!

By the way, what many have chosen to overlook, is the fact that the ACN's structure is the classic example of an Oligarchy.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Ejine(m): 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2012
Heyyy, I noticed our signatures are back again! Nice.

Now, e remain our location and number of posts.
Or are they still only gonna be revealed when we place our cursors over the user?
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Demdem(m): 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2012
manuch: wetin concern Acn for P.D.P.matter.

Take a look at ACN statement, Lai didnt claim ACN being a democratic one but instead took a swipe at the retardeen for claiming that Boko party which seems to be PDP is the only democratic party in Nigeria. its obvious to all that yesterday's event has portrayed the retardeen a bloody liar. There no no fully democratic party in nigeria as at today.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by MrGlobe(m): 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2012
^
right on point. Acn ethnic party. Pdp thug party now commandered by GEJ
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by jmaine: 10:45pm On Mar 25, 2012
ACN dey follow point finger about internal democracy
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Afam4eva(m): 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2012
jmaine: ACN dey follow point finger about internal democracy
Funny and ironic, right?

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by jmaine: 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2012
afam4eva:
Funny and ironic, right?

Bros . . Na sooo

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 26, 2012
LOL... a case of pot calling kettle black, ACN is worse when it comes to one man show. Tinubu wey don turn ACN to im personal property by imposing candidates on people.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by twinstaiye(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
Let them organise one too, and let us compare.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Gbawe: 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2012
saxywale: LOL... a case of pot calling kettle black, ACN is worse when it comes to one man show. Tinubu wey don turn ACN to im personal property by imposing candidates on people.

And what the Zap are folks like you going to do about it? You think great nations got to where they are today with dithering citzens who sit on the fence and condemn everyone? Every Nigerian ,as much as possible, should get involved and shape the political party they support to become what they feel it should be.

We should have the spirit and passion to take over from our fathers and rectify the mess we feel they created. The ACN is certainly a better political party than the PDP but no Nigerian Party is beyond redemption if good folks get involved instead of standing back and criticising everyone sanctimoniously while refraining from joining the process that can bring the transformation we all say we want.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by oddy4real(m): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
Gbawe:

And what the Zap are folks like you going to do about it? You think great nations got to where they are today with dithering citzens who sit on the fence and condemn everyone? Every Nigerian ,as much as possible, should get involved and shape the political party they support to become what they feel it should be.

We should have the spirit and passion to take over from our fathers and rectify the mess we feel they created. The ACN is certainly a better political party than the PDP but no Nigerian Party is beyond redemption if good folks get involved instead of standing back and criticising everyone sanctimoniously while refraining from joining the process that can bring the transformation we all say we want.
the A.C.N isnt a better party than the PDP. stop saying bullcrap. the days of ACN propaganda are over as people are wiser
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by bisiaet: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
To be honest can't ACN(my party) "shhhrrrraaaapppp" for a once. Why cant ACN just for once mind their business, why giving themselves headache about people who do not even worry about them? Please either PDP convetion or PDP confusion or PDP culvution and commotion is none of ACN f u c k i n g business this is how ACN will be busy attacking, opposing, plenty talk and the so called PDP will be gathering momentum and win the general election again.

Just keep talking blablablablabla all the time. Today is Tinubu say this, tomorrow the National secretary(ACN) says that pls enough of all these rants and jargon its like given PDP more popularity day by day because the more blablabla the more this so called PDP grows in momentum to be honest. I'm sick of this and pissed off.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
And where was this(mouth piece) guy when Bola Ahmed Tinubu was imposing his wife,children and son in law on other members of the ACN?
Talk about a pot calling a kettle black.
There is NO internal democracy in ANY political party in Nigeria.
In fact there is NO democracy in Nigeria!
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by JomoGbomo2(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
I Love this country, Where a wrong is justified by another wrong.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
Richvkunt: And where was this(mouth piece) guy when Bola Ahmed Tinubu was imposing his wife,children and son in law on other members of the ACN?

Exactly my point. ACN na padi padi party. Thank you jare!
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by kunlekunle: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
All na embodiment of felas party in 80s
chop i chop peoples party
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2012
afam4eva: What's ACN's business wiith what goes on in PDP? Their job should be to provide an alternative and i don't see them doing that. Is it not Tinubu that handpicks all the ACN candidates? have they ever conducted an election in ACN before?

True talk. The guy even handpicked candidate up to state house of assembly and local government chairman levels. He is now the Afobaje of ACN.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Beaf: 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
Gbawe:

[size=21pt]And what the Zap are folks like you going to do about it?[/size] You think great nations got to where they are today with dithering citzens who sit on the fence and condemn everyone? Every Nigerian ,as much as possible, should get involved and shape the political party they support to become what they feel it should be.

You losing it, bro.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Aladinn(m): 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2012
Demdem:

Take a look at ACN statement, Lai didnt claim ACN being a democratic one but instead took a swipe at the retardeen for claiming that Boko party which seems to be PDP is the only democratic party in Nigeria. its obvious to all that yesterday's event has portrayed the retardeen a bloody liar. There no no fully democratic party in nigeria as at today.
I've come to realise that English language seemed to be incomprehensible to a lot of people irrespective of their levels of education. Even beaf with his level of exposure, failed to comprehend what was written above. Egbon razist, u fall my hand. Oopps! I almost forgot you're PDP.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Iolo(m): 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
I'm happy Nigerians can see through on this one. The ACN makes mockery of any form of internal democracy through imposition of candidates etc.

And what's the ACN's Chairmans name, how was he elected? No one seems to knw.

Atleast the PDP had over 3000 delegates fly in to Abuja and vote for their ideal candidate. The entire event was even televised live.

The sooner these retarded opposition political parties wake up from their slumber the better. They should keep deceiving themselves thinking we don't know better.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Aladinn(m): 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2012
bisiaet: To be honest can't ACN(my party) "shhhrrrraaaapppp" for a once. Why cant ACN just for once mind their business, why giving themselves headache about people who do not even worry about them? Please either PDP convetion or PDP confusion or PDP culvution and commotion is none of ACN f u c k i n g business this is how ACN will be busy attacking, opposing, plenty talk and the so called PDP will be gathering momentum and win the general election again.

Just keep talking blablablablabla all the time. Today is Tinubu say this, tomorrow the National secretary(ACN) says that pls enough of all these rants and jargon its like given PDP more popularity day by day because the more blablabla the more this so called PDP grows in momentum to be honest. I'm sick of this and pissed off.
Have you ever heard the word 'opposition'? I doubt it. Go and vent your anger pounding yam.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Gbawe: 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Richvkunt: And where was this(mouth piece) guy when Bola Ahmed Tinubu was imposing his wife,children and son in law on other members of the ACN?

Some of you should learn to use the brain God gave you instead of pandering to emotions alone. What is the international reputation of the PDP if not 12 years of wanton looting, corruption and hideous misrule? Now tell me how the ACN has performed in the two states (Edo and Lagos) it has had enough time to demonstrate decisive leadership. I will not even go into what respective parties do in our legislative houses or how they rise up to the challenge of opposition politics. Do your own homework. Suffice to say it is madness to say the ACN is the same as PDP when one Party has destroyed many Nigerian State and central government over 12 years while the other party has done well, over a much shorter period of time, administering the only two states it used to control. The reasoning of some nairalanders is a joke .
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Gbawe: 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2012

Some of you should learn to use the brain God gave you instead of pandering to emotions alone. What is the international reputation of the PDP if not 12 years of wanton looting, corruption and hideous misrule? Now tell me how the ACN has performed in the two states (Edo and Lagos) it has had enough time to demonstrate the ability to deliver decisive leadership.

I will not even go into what respective parties do in our legislative houses or how they rise up to the challenge of opposition politics. Do your own homework. Suffice to say it is madness to say the ACN is the same as PDP when one Party has destroyed many Nigerian State and central government over 12 years while the other party has done well, over a much shorter period of time, administering the only two states it used to control. The reasoning of some nairalanders is a joke no doubt tainted by clannishness and ethnic jingoism. Some of us should learn to work with facts regardless of personal leanings and affiliations.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Gbawe: 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2012
Aladinn:
I've come to realise that English language seemed to be incomprehensible to a lot of people irrespective of their levels of education. Even beaf with his level of exposure, failed to comprehend what was written above. Egbon razist, u fall my hand. Oopps! I almost forgot you're PDP.

He is nothing but a foolish charlatan and fraudster.
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by deshclones(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
Gbawe:

and what the fuc..k has other acn governors done for their people??the only acn governor that can compete with the likes of akpabio,amaechi,chime..etc is only oshiomole as fashola has completely lost it in this his second term..dude is doing absolutely nothing in lagos stste..

i prefer pdp 100times over..as we all know what they are capable of doing..not some pretentious peeps like the acn
Re: PDP Convention, Mockery Of Democracy – ACN by Iolo(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
Gbawe:

The fact that ACN governors have delivered better governance pound for pound over their PdP mates doesn't make the CAN a better political party.

The PDP has a far advanced internal structure than any other party, one that encourages competition and makes most of political adversarism.

My theory is that the reason the PDP governors haven't performed as brightly as ACN governors is a result of the lack of national control the PDP doesnt-exirt on its governors. Much unlike the ACN where Big Papa Tinubu controls everything including who becomes who and who doesn't.

Take another example, have you heard of anyone being enemies of Tinubu and being successful in ACN? But the pdp has plenty enemies within and they don't send themselves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Tube Blocks Biafra Exposed Account For Terrorism, False Information- Pics / Fayose React To Ngige Speech "You Must Bring Back Fayose On Saturday" / Look At What A Man Did For Atiku In Borno(graphic Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.