Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! (1184 Views)

Army,mopol, Police And Road Safety Officials Now A Cause For Concern In Onitsha / Mr President:abia State Civilians Need Your Immediate Concern In Abia Government / Concern In Pdp As Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Infiltrates South East Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2012
[b][/b]Recently, there has been series of incidents and near misses in the Nigeria Aviation Industry.
There's been cases of the following:

-airline overshooting the run way limit,
-nervewrecking swaying of aircraft in mid air,
-Shaking take-off almost resulting in fatality
-Crash landing,
-struggling to keep craft steady in the sky and
-some rather strange and mind-boggling noise emanating from the belly of someaircraft

All the bore testimony to the laxity and poor safety standard in our aviation industry; these malaise are most times a result of the nigeria factor (i.e corruption, incompetence and lackaidaisical attitude)e.g.

-Operating aeroplanes tagged "prohibited from flying(i.e not fit for operation because of known safety problems)" in our sky
-Not Learning from past incidents No database or repoert on flight performancr to enable pilots, airlines, plane manufactures and regulators to track incidents and near misses.
-High rate of aborted landings when there is fog. Poor lighting)
-Inadequate safety audits by outside firms: The International Air Transport Association, an industry trade group,
-Improper maintenance and safety procedures.
-An inexperienced workforce: Air traffic controllers, pilots and maintenance crews
-Inexplicable delay of flight up to 10 hours sometimes e.g Air Nigeria Flight from Lagos to Abuja on the 23rd December 2011 (with passengers arrive Abuja in the dead of the night @ 3am)
-Loosely enforced safety regulations and spotty oversight e.g
Issue #1: Operators, rather than pilots (in Nigeria) decide when and how to use an airplane; a practice that is contrary to international convention in the aviation industry.
Issue #2: Clarification of the term “MEL”, “e.g Where local airline operators have cautioned their pilots not to record snags (faults) on the pilots log, for fear of airplanes being grounded”

Recent incidents/near-misses making the round are:
Arik flight W3 715 landing acute sway and near rollover over port harcourt sky on the 28/02/2012
Aero flight with missing rivet and bolt taking off from lagos
Arik flightwith fault braking system unable to come to a halt in record time in Abuja.
ETC.

Let use this forum to create awareness for increase safety in the Nigerian Aviation sector, thereby driving positive changes.

Report incidents from your flight details such Kind of incident, airline operator, plane no and destination/time

[b]Recently, there has been series of incidents and near misses in the Nigeria Aviation Industry.
There's been cases of the following:

-airline overshooting the run way limit,
-nervewrecking swaying of aircraft in mid air,
-Shaking take-off almost resulting in fatality
-Crash landing,
-struggling to keep craft steady in the sky and
-some rather strange and mind-boggling noise emanating from the belly of someaircraft

All the bore testimony to the laxity and poor safety standard in our aviation industry; these malaise are most times a result of the nigeria factor (i.e corruption, incompetence and lackaidaisical attitude)e.g.

-Operating aeroplanes tagged "prohibited from flying(i.e not fit for operation because of known safety problems)" in our sky
-Not Learning from past incidents No database or repoert on flight performancr to enable pilots, airlines, plane manufactures and regulators to track incidents and near misses.
-High rate of aborted landings when there is fog. Poor lighting)
-Inadequate safety audits by outside firms: The International Air Transport Association, an industry trade group,
-Improper maintenance and safety procedures.
-An inexperienced workforce: Air traffic controllers, pilots and maintenance crews
-Inexplicable delay of flight up to 10 hours sometimes e.g Air Nigeria Flight from Lagos to Abuja on the 23rd December 2011 (with passengers arrive Abuja in the dead of the night @ 3am)
-Loosely enforced safety regulations and spotty oversight e.g
Issue #1: Operators, rather than pilots (in Nigeria) decide when and how to use an airplane; a practice that is contrary to international convention in the aviation industry.
Issue #2: Clarification of the term “MEL”, “e.g Where local airline operators have cautioned their pilots not to record snags (faults) on the pilots log, for fear of airplanes being grounded”

Recent incidents/near-misses making the round are:
Arik flight W3 715 landing acute sway and near rollover over port harcourt sky on the 28/02/2012
Aero flight with missing rivet and bolt taking off from lagos
Arik flightwith fault braking system unable to come to a halt in record time in Abuja.
ETC.

Let use this forum to create awareness for increase safety in the Nigerian Aviation sector, thereby driving positive changes.

Report incidents from your flight details such Kind of incident, airline operator, plane no and destination/time

Thanks!!
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by Jakumo(m): 5:37am On Mar 26, 2012
Not to worry, good sir, GOD is in control of all aircraft in Nigerian airspace, therefore you needn't worry about a crash UNLESS you forgot to hand over 80% of your every paycheck to your local pastor.

Praise the Lord !
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by Callotti: 5:38am On Mar 26, 2012
Hallelujah! grin

I gotta give it to the Nigerian pilots and aviation staff on board. . . I have never had any reason to complain about them. Always very polite and professional. I don't care for the ground staff though. TOUTISH AND EXTORTIONIST!

The only main concern is the CONDITION OF THE AIRCRAFTS AND AIRPORTS. For that reason alone. . .flying Nigerian airlines internationally is TOTALLY OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!!
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 07, 2012
REMEMBER THIS!!!

I TRIED TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THIS MENACE...
TO START A MOVEMENT... HERE ON NAIRALAND BUT ... WHO GIVES A DAMN!!!

I GOT THIS DOCUMENTED AND SEND IT TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ...BUT NO RESPONSR#E, NO ACTION

WHAT A SHAME!!

HOW COME,,, HOW LONG...?
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
...Blast from the past.
Sorrow, tear and blood. ...Regular trademark!
Until we do something nothing will change!
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 07, 2015
Are we there yet? ...or waiting for another mishaps
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by omowolewa: 4:58am On Aug 07, 2015
Nigerian airspace has very slim margin of safety. The need to balance profit making and safety objective is crucial.
Effective measures should be taken to place safety first
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 07, 2015
air travel is not my tin
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by bmxshop: 7:11am On Aug 07, 2015
Medview Airline should be banned from operating to avoid stories that touch soon.
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 07, 2015
bmxshop:
Medview Airline should be banned from operating to avoid stories that touch soon.

Why? I thought Medview was okay?
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by bmxshop: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2015
Activa:

Why? I thought Medview was okay?

I flew them from Lag to Enugu and believe me they were crap. The Pilot was very callous in handling the plane and the hostesses were rude. Their ticketing system was whack too. I paid 27k for an Elite Economy and inside the jet was a free seating, so no different seating arrangement from those who paid 15k. Everything about the flight reeked of unprofessional ism. I vowed never to fly them again.
Re: REPORT AVIATION DANGER: Safety Concern In The Nigeria Sky! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
omowolewa:
Nigerian airspace has very slim margin of safety. The need to balance profit making and safety objective is crucial.
Effective measures should be taken to place safety first

(1) (Reply)

Can We Say: We Need Someone Like Him... Hmm! / Obamacare Begins Child Sterilization, Without Parental Consent / Hon. Patrick Obaihagbon's Independence Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.