Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde (4788 Views)

Lamorde’s ‘disappearance’ Stalls N1trn Probe – Senate / Tompolo In EFCC Net, Company’s Accounts Frozen – RUBIZTECH / EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Ilekokonit: 2:40am On Mar 26, 2012
Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde

Friday, March 23, 2012

Chairman of the EFCC, Lamorde, who made the disclosure yesterday at a two-day Public-Private Sector Workshop on Corruption, organised by the United Nations Global Compact, UNGC, and the Nigeria Economic Summit Group, NESG, in Abuja, expressed dismay that the commission had succumbed to the "determination of grand patrons of corruption to foist their nefarious ways of life on the rest of us."

He noted: "By the time I returned to the EFCC at the instance of the President, I was profoundly shocked to find that many of those I was supposed to send out to carry out the Commission's mandate on certain individuals were themselves enmeshed in corruption.

"EFCC had to do some introspection and we realised that we could ill-afford to raise a finger against the behemoth of corruption if we did not first put our house in order.

"We needed to tell ourselves the bitter truth, which is that the corruption we had been set up to fight, amongst other economic and financial crimes, had permeated the very fabric of the EFCC!

"I was roundly shocked to discover that the EFCC of today was not the one we worked so hard to build nine years ago. I had on my hands, a totally strange organisation, one whose operatives responded to a stimulus other than that of patriotic call to service."

Lie detector tests

Lamorde explained that in the last four months, the Commission had been "quietly invoking Section 7 (1) (b) on ourselves. The lifestyle and property of certain key officers are being probed. So far, four of them have lost the privilege to belong to the EFCC family and are answering questions in courts across the nation.

"We are also undertaking as part of EFCC's ethical re-awakening, to subject ourselves to lie detector tests two or three times every year. I would also take part in the polygraph tests."
http://odili.net/news/source/2012/mar/23/311.html
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Callotti: 7:46am On Mar 26, 2012
Na today?
Why people expect Nigerians to fight corruption in Nigeria beats the heck out of me.
Impossible!
I have accepted that fate. . .and can live with it. kiss
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by beylinko(m): 8:08am On Mar 26, 2012
Thank God smone is screaming now.na 2day wey yansh don dey 4 back.But come to think of it,only four people have been caught in how many months?There should be more. Abeg stepup dis purging thing, because dis will awaken dem from der slumber.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:13am On Mar 26, 2012
The same Larmode whose mandate it was to take care of Patience Dames' case files, the same Larmode whose team lost an over 100+ count charge against Ibori. grin grin grin grin you are just as corrupt as all the other tarts
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by doctokwus: 9:20am On Mar 26, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: The same Larmode whose mandate it was to take care of Patience Dames' case files, the same Larmode whose team lost an over 100+ count charge against Ibori. grin grin grin grin you are just as corrupt as all the other tarts
Well put.If am not mistaken he was d director of operations for sometime& he now wants to come & tell us dat he wasn't aware of dese corrupt men den& dat he was immuned frm what he is advocating for,den& now.I dnt bliv any bit of what d guy is saying
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by blayz0923: 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
yea right, and wat re u doin about it?
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2012
Callotti: Na today?
Why people expect Nigerians to fight corruption in Nigeria beats the heck out of me.
Impossible!
I have accepted that fate. . .and can live with it. kiss

I dont know why most of u dont know when to use and the expressions of emoticons, what is the kissing there in ur post?
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by gulfer: 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
Lamorde you are in the muck and you smell of the rot. Stop complaining because you are a product of the corrupt EFCC you are talking about.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by NovusHomo(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
The equivalent of having Boko Haram in Aso Rock. You have to 'love' this silly joke of a country.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2012
Corrupt you met it,corrupt you will leave it.I wish you were sincere and not go the way of your predecessors.Lets wait and see.Fingers crossed...
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by kizito96(m): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
Corruption is a way of life in nigeria
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
Our deliverance is still far ahead.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by WinkWrld: 4:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
EVERY MAN HAS PRICE, IF LAMORDE JUST STARTED BARKING, HE HAS NOT FOUND HIS PRICE YET. PERHAPS HE SHOULD DISCOVER IF TINUBU HAS A NEW DOG CHAIN grin
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Baawaa(m): 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2012
Anything that has to do with Nigerian Force,forget it grin grin
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Lexusgs430: 4:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
Na where you dey work, you go chop !!!! grin cheesy wink
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by OAM4J: 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
fury: Our deliverance is still far ahead.

I agree with you. sad
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Yinkay: 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2012
EFCC=Economically and FInancially Corrupt Commission"

2 Likes

Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
Nigeria is a failed state....bt when i say dis pple will feel offended. Every sector in dis country is corrupt...banking,civil service,even d citizens as a whole. We are all soaked dip in corruption and its pathetic. Corruption is d order of d day,its a normal trend....dats y we will never grow as a nation and i repeat NEVER. Na una go church and mosque pass bt una heart black pass coal tar. Mtshewwww.

1 Like

Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by docjuli(m): 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2012
Lamorde! Lamorde!! Lamorde!!!. How many times did I call you. Remember, he who goes to equity must go with clean hands.
I hope this doesn't turn out to be a look-alike case of Mr. AbdulRasheed Maina who raised the alarm... you know the rest of the story.
Best regards.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by otokx(m): 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
This should not be an excuse for him not to achieve his set objectives.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
when he is replaced, him yash go show too! 'ole gbogbo'
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by 1025: 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2012
i expect this lamorde of a thing to use the exact word of the man that employed him. just tell us that a cabal is blocking ur efforts and we will understand. tomorrow u will be hoping to be the world bank director.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Ilekokonit: 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
1025:
i expect this lamorde of a thing to use the exact word of the man that employed him. just tell us that a cabal is blocking ur efforts [/b]and we will understand.

I think he is telling us that but in a round about way when he says that [b]the commission had succumbed to the "determination of grand patrons of corruption to foist their nefarious ways of life on the rest of us.
"

But who is going to deliver the rest of us from the stranglehold of these grand patrons of corruption who from all indications are bent on choking the rest of us to death.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by jamace(m): 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
Thank God, you survived the shock. Oya do something. The ball is in your court.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by manmustwac(m): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2012
shiloh: Nigeria is a failed state....bt when i say dis pple will feel offended. Every sector in dis country is corrupt...banking,civil service,even d citizens as a whole. We are all soaked dip in corruption and its pathetic. Corruption is d order of d day,its a normal trend....dats y we will never grow as a nation and i repeat NEVER. Na una go church and mosque pass bt una heart black pass coal tar. Mtshewwww.
Word. Nigeria will never grow as a nation. The only thing in Nigeria that will grow are the church and mosque. angry
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Parnassuss(m): 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
grin
1025: i expect this lamorde of a thing to use the exact word of the man that employed him. just tell us that a cabal is blocking ur efforts and we will understand. tomorrow u will be hoping to be the world bank director.

U don win! grin grin
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by emsquare(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
Serious mata!!!
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2012
Why is he trying to form holy holy as if he was not the person in charge of operations under farida ? I tire this guy o.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by agitator: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2012
He has to stay what is expected of him na (condemn corruption.

Pastor wey dey commit adultery e mean say him no go preach say adultery done too much? him work na to preach.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by forkadict(m): 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2012
I don't know what more to do about this nation. I am absolutely helpless. Nigeria is perhaps the only nation in the world that knows the solution to their problems but they will never act to alleviate such problems. they would rather continue suffering. Everyone knows that corruption is the biggest threat to our existence as a nation.Everyone knows that before we can make progress in our well being as a nation, we need to fight corruption. Everyone knows that we were given the opportunity to elect an honest leader who will trigger the war on corruption. Everyone know that Buhari was an honest man (although he may have his faults). Everyone knows these for facts. Yet they opted to elect as their leader someone who will keep farting on their heads 2-4-7 and will keep calling it fresh air. NO ONE SHOULD EXPECT ANY GAINS ON THE WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION UNDER GEJ'S REGIME.
Re: Corruption In EFCC Shocking – Lamorde by meracool(m): 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
manmustwac: Word. Nigeria will never grow as a nation. The only thing in Nigeria that will grow are the church and mosque. angry
And PoPULATION..... Lmao...

(1) (Reply)

What Are Nature And The Causes Of Modern Tribalism? / Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? / What The Constitution Says About Self-defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.