Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? (4798 Views)

Will EFCC Harass Google To Refund Money Spent On TAN Adverts? / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare / Anti-buhari Adverts: What Is Wrong With This Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
...Looking beyond the adverts....

It is no news that this administration, as a way of showing Nigerians that it has been working, has shown us series of advertisement through it's main campaign mouthpiece TAN.

We have seen adverts/achievements like:
#Nigeria is africa's largest economy
#Construction of Lagos-Benin expressway, Abuja-Lokoja expressway. etc
#Revival of the Railway system
#Transformation of the agricultural sector
#Thousands of youths employed through the SURE-P initiative
#Privatization of the Power Sector

The question is: looking beyond all these
skillfully televised adverts, how has this government positively affected your life individually?

This is the time we need to be sincere to ourselves and ask one another this question at this time that this government seek our mandate for reelection.

Based on your personal assessment (apart from the TAN adverts) does this government deserve your vote?
Can Nigeria continue like this for another 4 years?

On my own side, without being partisan, I have not been able to single-handedly point at 1 (just one) thing that I have benefited from this government.

For example using Lagos state (my state of residence as a case study)

In Governor Fashola's First Term in office (2007 to 2011)

When he sought reelection into office in 2011, without watching any advert, I was able to point out how his administration affected me personally.

UNDER BRF:
ON EMPLOYMENT:
My brother currently working in LIRS (impact felt)

ON SECURITY:
I could recall when the Lagos State Government introduced security and emergency initiative of calling 121 in case of fire outbreak, violence etc. I benefited from this when there was fire incidence in my neighbour's house by calling that 121, though they couldn't get there on time (traffic things), it could have been worse if they didn't show up at all (impact felt).

ON INFRASTRUCTURE:
Impact felt

ON EDUCATION:
My younger brother who needs to buy text book for nothing less than N700 was given free. His school (Birtch Freeman High School, Mushin) was also rebuilt. (Impact felt)

ON HEALTH:
My step mother who has eye problem, was operated on without paying a dime (at a time we had financial challenges). If you doubt me visit Isolo General Hospital. (Impact felt)

Just to mention few.

Now, without "lying" to yourself, what have you personally benefited from this government? Or how has the current government impacted your life?

I know you like President Jonathan (I do not hate him either), he is handsome, he is from your tribe, he is also of the same religion with you.

BUT look beyond all these, look beyond the TAN adverts and answer this question with sincerity

Do you feel the impact of Power Privatization?
Do you feel the impact of the YouWin and SUREP thousands of job created?
Do you feel the impact of Nigeria being Africa's no.1 economy?
That money in your account, does it have any value? Etc. #askyourself

This is the time for us to decide the fate of Nigeria.

Vote wisely

Cc: firefire, dein77, felibrain, Caseless, Rawani, Gbawe, PassingShot(m), IbnSultaan(m), Seun(m), Obiagelli(f), omenka(m), barcanista. Everyone irrespective of party affiliation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by ricsman(m): 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
TAN ke
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
The administration redered my first degree useless, but I staged a come-back with my head.

1 Like

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by Badgers14: 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
cry Nothing cry Nothing

I feel sorry for myself, supported GEJ in 2011, none of his promises was kept.

1). He will not run in 2015.
2) Completion of second niger bridge by the end of his tenure..

And the list goes on my friends.....

if my dad was an Oba, maybe we would have pocketed $250,000, build a house and collect rent; that would hold our belle till 2019 wink

I weep for my country embarassed embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by xreal: 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
No benefit.

1 Like

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by ideology(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
BE OBJECTIVE, don't be bias
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
Anwers needed with sincerity
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by lafex: 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
I gain nothing but lose something during Jonathan administration.
I graduated during the year Mr Jonathan was elected and not employed till he his about to finish his administration. I attended the NIS recruitment in which some of my colleagyes died during the recruitment. I also applied for SUREP but was not called. I lose my gf during his administration.
But I thank God I am doing my own business confortably with Government assisting me

2 Likes

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by mayorkyzo: 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
For the first time in years we bought Xmas rice without inflated rice because of the agricultural policy....i traveled from warri to lagos in just about 5hours..cos of d construction of benin ore road...a friend of mine got the you win grant by just filling the form online..apart from this recent fuel scarcity there has always being fuel available...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
Don't deceive your conscience. This is not about anyone but yourself. Say the truth!
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by youngeagle(m): 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
The Nigerian youth always misunderstands the role of the federal government,was arguing with an opposition supporter the other day,the ? He asked was,what hve u benefited from GEJ led administration,so embarrassing everybody is waiting on GEJ to put food on there table,if I really need anything,I will go straight to my state govrnor or my LGA,because they are designed for the grass root,mainly the work of the federal government should be on the Economy,infrastructural development,security,and power,just good environment 4 me 2 flourish,pls we should stop asking some dumb ?.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
youngeagle:
The Nigerian youth always misunderstands the role of the federal government,was arguing with an opposition supporter the other day,the ? He asked was,what hve u benefited from GEJ led administration,so embarrassing everybody is waiting on GEJ to put food on there table,if I really need anything,I will go straight to my state govrnor or my LGA,because they are designed for the grass root,mainly the work of the federal government should be on the Economy,infrastructural development,security,and power,just good environment 4 me 2 flourish,pls we should stop asking some dumb ?.
I know the question is dumb, just answer that simple question. No insult please
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by ndcide(m): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
@op, are you trying to trivialize the archivement you mentioned? GEJ deserve re election if what you listed are the things he had done.

Assignment for you.

Objectively tell us the all round benefit of having a University in a community. considering that this administration birthed 14 of them.
if you can do this objectively I'll respect your for a long time.

let me help you. Take a place called Ekpoma for instance. The development you have in that town today is because of the university sited in that town 30 years ago. Note that, things have improved since it was established.

Anyone who brings a University into a community have developed that community for the nest 100 years.

Look there is a strong manipulation going on. PLEASE don't fall for it.

also do the assignment I gave.
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
ndcide:
@op, are you trying to trivialize the archivement you mentioned? GEJ deserve re election if what you listed are the things he had done.

Assignment for you.

Objectively tell us the all round benefit of having a University in a community. considering that this administration birthed 14 of them.
if you can do this objectively I'll respect your for a long time.

let me help you. Take a place called Ekpoma for instance. The development you have in that town today is because of the university sited in that town 30 years ago. Note that, things have improved since it was established.

Look there is a strong manipulation going on. PLEASE don't fall for it.

also do the assignment I gave.
Noted but you eluded my question. Does it mean you can't point at one thing?
For example the Privatization of the Power Sector, how has it affected you positively?
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
youngeagle:
The Nigerian youth always misunderstands the role of the federal government,was arguing with an opposition supporter the other day,the ? He asked was,what hve u benefited from GEJ led administration,so embarrassing everybody is waiting on GEJ to put food on there table,if I really need anything,I will go straight to my state govrnor or my LGA,because they are designed for the grass root,mainly the work of the federal government should be on the Economy,infrastructural development,security,and power ,just good environment 4 me 2 flourish,pls we should stop asking some dumb ?.

There are only 4 thing a citizen needs from its government, namely ..

1) Good roads
2) Constant power supply
3) Water
4) Security

Nobody is asking the government to put food on our table, we are only asking for a better environment which will enable us put food on our table by ourself.

1 Like

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 9:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
Psychodavidovic:

There are only 4 thing a citizen needs from its government, namely ..

1) Good roads
2) Constant power supply
3) Water
4) Security

Nobody is asking the government to put food on our table, we are only asking for a better environment which will enable us put food on our table by ourself.
Thank you, tell am abeg
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by kheart(m): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
I paused and think for minutes trying to point out how dis admin affected me positively.

Honest truth, none, infact years back I can walk freely witout any fear of harassment from any1 bt his admin has snatch dis from me.

As a fresh graduate who sought resort in mini importation, his admin also kills my vibes wit d current increase of xchang rate.

I have genuine reason for craving And yearning for change

2 Likes

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by tonytony208(m): 9:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
Foodstuff has reduced in price under gej. I know how much i was buying staple food some 3 to 4 years ago and i know how much am paying for foodstuff today. Those who said prices can never go down in Nigeria should start having a rethink.
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
@kheart

Noted, God is in control.
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by splashbaby(m): 10:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
Never again

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by mainpesin: 10:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
no mind those useless GEJites....theyll be all unfair in their judgement!
the other guy there saiying we should go to the state government-answer this question:is it co-incidence that virtually all apc states are unable to pay their workers do to lack of necessary funds from the FG?.....PDP KONTUNU OO
anyways say BABA!
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
tonytony208:
Foodstuff has reduced in price under gej. I know how much i was buying staple food some 3 to 4 years ago and i know how much am paying for foodstuff today. Those who said prices can never go down in Nigeria should start having a rethink.
You know I told you to look beyond TAN advert

Nigeria annual inflation rate continued to grow to 8.4 percent in February of 2015 from 8.2 percent in the previous month, as a falling naira keep pushing imported food prices up.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/inflation-cpi

1 Like

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
Let's be realistic
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by ndcide(m): 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
medamillion:

Noted but you eluded my question. Does it mean you can't point at one thing?
For example the Privatization of the Power Sector, how has it affected you positively?

You seem to have shifted the goal post. or you don't understand the question you asked or you've made up your mind. which is OK. you may reread my earlier post.

Note I said anyone who established a university in a community have developed the community for the next 100 years. Coz a university community can run itself.

besides others have also posted what they have benefited. Look at what is happening in agriculture... Do you know we are getting to a point of rice sufficiency? do you remember the grain drought during yaradua era? with 80 billion approved for grain import alone?

hottestnewsfromnigeria..com/2008/04/fg-approves-n80bn-to-import-rice.html?m=1

GEJ have changed that. research the price of rice in december 2012, 2013 , 2014 and now March 2015. you can even get a full bag for 7000. these things comes through hard work.

On your issue of Power, Can you fault the power roadmap that is begin strictly followed?

fault it let's see.

the present problem is sabotage and I pray the government attacks it.

the point is that with sustained efforts without pull him down syndromes, we shall together make it. No other person is coming to perform magic.

another question for you.

" At what point should a child learning how to walk, stop learning"

the answer to the question is the solution of power in Nigeria.

I advice you to vote wisely. you may be the GEJ of tomorrow.
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by ba7man(m): 10:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
(1) The embarassment of having a bumbling President that keeps making a jack a55 of himself.

(2) I started buying fuel at almost 100percent on a holiday one was meant to be joyful. I got angry and GEJ threatened us with guns.

(3) The sadness of watching people in the northeast get slaughtered but ignored the for political gains.

(4) The irritation of watching him revive past criminals and ethnic militia groups outlawed. They now have money to buy arms and if they loose the screws in their heads, versions of Boko harams will be introduced southwards. He causes division wherever he goes.

(5) The worst power situation I've encountered in ages. It can even be classified as the worst.

(6) The irritation of watching his lousy wife make a mess of herself in public.

(7) The endless morally bankrupt actions he took (Eg Going dancing when scores of his Country men just died a day before........and words (Eg "ordinary stealing is not corruption).........lying in front of the world and being found out in front of the world. I mean GEJ can turn children into insensitive criminals if they listen to him.

(cool Having some of the most "disgusting" media aides and cabinet ministers ever.

(9) Buy a car now with aprehension of the planned increase in duty by the customs.

(10) The feeling of insecurity with the religious fanatics and ethnic militia that have gained from his administration.

1 Like

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Better roads for my road travels...safer air when I am travelling by air within the country (haven't travelled abroad sha)...most importantly; wonderful and improved security in my home when I travel home(night life is superb bro)....great business environment and favourable policies to enhance same...Job for my siblings... What again do I seek from him...I am satisfied bro...Is there room for improvement?...Yes...who will do it better?...Jonathan... but buhari is said to hate corruption?... by who?...APC?...No No No...that's Association of Propaganda Criminals...thanks Jonathan... thanks Op...
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Gej has helped me built my physique,due to constant pulling of the generator,with that,I felt his impact..

He has helped me be security conscious too,cos I have to sleep with one eye opened now...
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by Firefire(m): 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Goodluck till 2019

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
medamillion:

You know I told you to look beyond TAN advert

Nigeria annual inflation rate continued to grow to 8.4 percent in February of 2015 from 8.2 percent in the previous month, as a falling naira keep pushing imported food prices up.

What is your problem bro?...you asked us to state personal experience... someone is telling you his personal experience and you are shunning him to look beyond TAN advert...did TAN pluck the advert from the moon...They stated what's happening here in Nigeria...Or did you open the thread to record insults and curses on Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by ikombe: 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
lafex:
I gain nothing but lose something during Jonathan administration.
I graduated during the year Mr Jonathan was elected and not employed till he his about to finish his administration. I attended the NIS recruitment in which some of my colleagyes died during the recruitment. I also applied for SUREP but was not called. I lose my gf during his administration.
But I thank God I am doing my own business confortably with Government assisting me

i feel ur pain bro

but not everybody who graduated in the USA is working presently.
Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
Yomieluv:
Gej has helped me built my physique,due to constant pulling of the generator,with that,I felt his impact..

He has helped me be security conscious too,cos I have to sleep with one eye opened now...

Can you join my village vigilante

1 Like

Re: Beyond The TAN Adverts: What Have You Benefited From Jonathan Led Government? by medamillion(m): 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
ndcide:

You seem to have shifted the goal post. or you don't understand the question you asked or you've made up your mind. which is OK. you may reread my earlier post.

Note I said anyone who established a university in a community have developed the community for the next 100 years. Coz a university community can run itself.
You mean the same university that will teach 4years course for Six years, due to ASSU strike? It is not about the number of Universities built, but their standard and effectiveness. What is the current state of Federal universities today compared to the Private one?
ndcide:

GEJ have changed that. research the price of rice in december 2012, 2013 , 2014 and now March 2015. you can even get a full bag for 7000. these things comes through hard work.
Eventhough I don't know where you get your fact from, you will agree with me that inflation rate has been on the increase every month.

[/quote]
ndcide:

On your issue of Power, Can you fault the power roadmap that is begin strictly followed?
Strictly followed in line with corruption

ndcide:

I advice you to vote wisely. you may be the GEJ of tomorrow.

I don't want to be the GEJ of tomorrow...I don't want be someone whose administration has recorded almost the highest number of casualty since Nigeria received her independence...I want to be myself
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“I Am Not Too Confident About My Memory” - President Buhari / Pic Of The Guy That Have Taken Over The Leadership Of Tomorrow's Protest ' / Donald Trump Bombshell: Bitter Pills For African Leaders To Swallow!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.