Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? (10565 Views)

Why Fashola Refused To Attend Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? / Photos From Ben Murray-Bruce's 60th Birthday Celebration / Goodluck Jonathan's 58th Birthday Celebration Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by remmyz(m): 4:55am On Mar 26, 2012
SaharaReporters has learnt that former Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu of Lagos has demanded that the Lagos State government and various local government councils in the state contribute huge sums of cash to fund his 69th birthday celebration.

Reliable sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Tinubu, a professed opposition figure and leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), made it compulsory that the chairmen of all local governments under the party contribute cash to give him a birthday that one of his critics has described as “obscene and immoral.” In all, the ACN chieftain has asked the state and local governments to cough up N1 billion.

“The birthday party is being planned as a month-long affair and will be celebrated in phases,” said one source.

In addition to the funds from his state, Mr. Tinubu has also asked that the governors of Oyo, Ekiti, Edo and Ekiti make significant cash donations to the planned events. Our sources revealed that tension may be brewing between Mr. Tinubu and Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State over the latter’s refusal to contribute towards the lavish birthday party.

Mr. Ajimobi recently hosted President Goodluck Jonathan's wife, Patience, during her visit to Oyo State. A source close to the governor told SaharaReporters that Mrs. Jonathan told Mr. Ajimobi not to create enmity with PDP elements in his state. She reportedly described former Governor Tinubu as a closet member of the PDP.

Our source said Mrs. Jonathan, who was piqued by Tinubu’s recent criticisms of her husband’s policies, also revealed that Mr. Tinubu has met secretly with her husband on several occasions. She said that, at one such private meeting last year in France, President Jonathan and Tinubu struck a deal to quash a case against the former governor for violations of Code of Conduct provisions.

After portraying Mr. Tinubu as a selfish politician out for his personal financial interests, Mrs. Jonathan told Ajimobi to contact her directly if he needed anything from Mr. Jonathan.

A source in Oyo stated that Governor Ajimobi’s decision not to bankroll Tinubu’s birthday extravaganza may signal the governor’s determination to escape from under Mr. Tinubu’s tyrannical style of leadership within the ACN political orbit and Ajimobi's move to start a gradual migration back to the PDP. Ajimobi is generally described as a non-performing governor by Oyo indigenes.

Although Mr. Tinubu claims to be 60 years old, a source told us that he is at least 67 years old.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/lagos-state-cough-n1-billion-fund-tinubus-birthday-celebration
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Kobojunkie: 5:03am On Mar 26, 2012
remmyz:
Although Mr. Tinubu claims to be 60 years old, a source told us that he is at least 67 years old.

Tinubu really claims to be 67?? See yeye man no wan old . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by kunlekunle: 7:41am On Mar 26, 2012
Its an open secret that this guy sold SW
BOLA AHMED ANISOUTHWESTLAPO TINUBU
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by ZUBY77(m): 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
It is too small. Let them make it 1 trillion. We are here.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
If this is true, I just lost all respect for Fashola. shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
In addition to the funds from his state, Mr. Tinubu has also asked that the governors of Oyo, Ekiti, Edo and Ekiti make significant cash donations to the planned events. Our sources revealed that tension may be brewing between Mr. Tinubu and Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State over the latter’s refusal to contribute towards the lavish birthday party.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is a lie.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by senben(m): 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
This is just outrageous,a country where many are jobless and hungry 1billion for birthday,dis is wickedness. Sometimes U wonder if we really have opposition party's in dis country. What will be his justification for the extravagant birthday...

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by aljharem(m): 2:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
You all see why SW should reject Tinubu and Aregbesola ??

Tinubu is a big thief and it hurts me everyday that SW is blinded by Tinubu mumu of a man.

ACN is a good party with a wrong leader, fact !!!!!!

ACN member need to shake off tinubu from the party and make Oshomole the party leader
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by miteolu(m): 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2012
Birthday is another avenue to raise fund. Other performing and non-performing ACN governors will take after this rubish
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by maclatunji: 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
If this is true, I just lost all respect for Fashola. shocked

Your respect seems quite easy to get.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by aljharem(m): 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
Tinubu the second biggest thief in the SW after OBJ

Ekt_bear and co, you see why I would even prefer LP to ACN at time because of this useless tinubu
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by paparazy09(m): 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
Seriously,I doubt the authenticity of this crap.If you read the story very well,you will discover it is very very unprofessional.

Not surprised though,Saharareporters are best known for such.Can you imagine that Patience Jonathan will tell a sitting Governor "contact me directly if you need anything from my husband" in public glare.I seriously doubt this report.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by aljharem(m): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
paparazy09: Seriously,I doubt the authenticity of this crap.If you read the story very well,you will discover it is very very unprofessional.

Not surprised though,Saharareporters are best known for such.Can you imagine that Patience Jonathan will tell a sitting Governor "contact me directly if you need anything from my husband" in public glare.I seriously doubt this report.

Abegi stop that !!!

What is wrong with saharareporters that gives you all headache ?

Is it because they speak the truth and it angers you all

It is a known fact that Tinubu is a thief a BIG thief for that matter. I find it amazing that you all can not accept the truth.

Rubbish
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by naptu2: 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
Wondering who the "reliable sources" are.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Whizkay(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
@paparazy09 .did he say it was in public ?...i fnk u shud review the article
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by thundaBOLT: 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
why r u guys jumping into conclusion? are u sure this true or another PDP plot to rubbish ACN and its leadership.
we are all in this country when PDP spent N50b for the celebration of Nigeria 50th anniversary and nothing to show for it, while there are no jobs, portable drinking water and good road.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by blacksta(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
if you believe this bread and butter story, you have yourself to blame.

Sahara reporters - it is not by force to write article. They are gradually losing credibilty
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by aljharem(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
[size=13pt]In any sane society, Tiunbu would have have been arrested and locked away but of course Nigeria is not sane[/size]
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
paparazy09: Seriously,I doubt the authenticity of this crap.If you read the story very well,you will discover it is very very unprofessional.

You are a very brilliant Dude.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by aljharem(m): 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
blacksta: if you believe this bread and butter story, you have yourself to blame.

Sahara reporters - it is not by force to write article. They are gradually losing credibilty

It is not bread and butter, I heard of it as well from a friend until sahara reporters brought it out. Lets stop deceiving ourselves. angry angry
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by juce: 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2012
IF this is TRUE THEN I AM VERY SORRY FOR THIS COUNTRY!

democracy in action. vote ACN (TINUBU) for 2015.............RUBBISH!
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by aljharem(m): 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
goon: You are a very brilliant Dude.

Na wa oh

Photocopy ko easy

LOL

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIEA-Xek_SxNQ-qzEOx8RRM2vZKSwEswS3bvbi43IP9On20x9JYQ[/img]
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Boyoorisha: 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
Rubbish! Unprofessional, disjointed...........find your way to the dustbin!
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by aljharem(m): 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
juce: IF this is TRUE THEN I AM VERY SORRY FOR THIS COUNTRY!

democracy in action. vote ACN (TINUBU) for 2015.............RUBBISH!

We are not voting for Tinubu but for Fashola and co

Lets not get it wrong here, Tinubu is the stain in ACN
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by CuteTj(m): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2012
It may be true that he has requested everyone elected under ACN to contribute the alleged sum cus i don't trust Tinubu one bit. This shows that neither PDP nor ACN is the party to take Nigeria to our promised land. But we need more proof to make us believe that this demand was made, so until then, i assume this information is false.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by Zenakoboko(m): 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
Na wah ooo!

NGN 1bn for a birthday party? For a man that was just a former governor? Even if na former president? In a third world country? Where the central bank gover says that 70% (a whooping 105m out of a population of 150m) are poor? Where uniterrupted power is still a mirage? Schools and hospitals are in a state of quagmire?

"Absolute power must really intoxicate absolutely" if this news be true.

Thus said, I beg to waka pass fast fast.

Next!
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by HighChief4(m): 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
See people shouting as if it started today. It is a known fact that the whole of SW belong to Tinubu and he does whatever he wants with the funds meant for the region and people still worship him.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by aljharem(m): 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2012
Zenakoboko: Na wah ooo!

NGN 1bn for a birthday party? For a man that was just a former governor? Even if na former president? In a third world country? Where the central bank gover says that 70% (a whooping 105m out of a population of 150m) are poor? Where uniterrupted power is still a mirage? Schools and hospitals are in a state of quagmire?

"Absolute power must really intoxicate absolutely" if this news be true.

Thus said, I beg to waka pass fast fast.

Next!

Can you imagine from a former governor, you are absolutely right
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by PrinceDudu(m): 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2012
remmyz: Mr. Tinubu, a professed opposition figure and leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), made it compulsory that the chairmen of all local governments under the party contribute cash to give him a birthday that one of his critics has described as “obscene and immoral.” In all, the ACN chieftain has asked the state and local governments to cough up N1 billion.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/lagos-state-cough-n1-billion-fund-tinubus-birthday-celebration

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by CuteTj(m): 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
alj harem:

It is not bread and butter, I heard of it as well from a friend until sahara reporters brought it out. Lets stop deceiving ourselves. angry angry
''YOU HEARD OF IT FROM A FRIEND'' I can as well make something up here and everybody will believe it. We all hear stuffs everyday and majority of it is always false.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by CuteTj(m): 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
We tend to believe themsays just because we have our suspicions about them.
Re: Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? by aljharem(m): 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
CuteTj:
''YOU HEARD OF IT FROM A FRIEND'' I can as well make something up here and everybody will believe it. We all hear stuffs everyday and majority of it is always false.

Well lets be watching as events unfold

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blessing Agbomhere's Book "Heart Of A Patriot", A Book About Buhari, Launched / Military To Level Boko Haram Camps In Sambisa In Search Of Chibok Girls / 2019: ANN Vows To Retire Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.