Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work (3020 Views)

Betting Techniques That Work / The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into / Gospel Truth Pls, Are There Genuine Online Biz That Work In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by knowledge4(m): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
I see that there are too many threads on this forum having the same content such as ''which businesses can i do with N400,000.00? or ''which business can i do with N700,000.00?
Why do we over flog this issue of the types of lucrative businesses that can be done with a specific amount of money?
Too many of such threads abound on this forum.
There are no magic biz ideas anywhere!
All businesses are lucrative. In any business, you’ll find people who have excelled in it and also many failures in the same line of business.
Business is about providing solutions. It is about organizing resources (men, money and materials) to provide a solution to a need or problem in the community.
To make money, look for a problem or a need, get the solution and create a business to provide that solution. That is all.
Either online or offline business, find problems to solve and you will make money. People pay for solutions.
For example:
Problem: People need light in many parts of Nigeria due to poor supply from the national grid.
Solution: Market alternatives such as solar products & candles. These products sell very well in different environments to different cadres of people.

Problem: Many are too busy to clean their homes. House helps are difficult to come by.
Solution: Set up a House cleaning business and provide the services they need or set up a recruitment agency to supply house helps to those who need them.

Problem: There is a growing need for computer skills & online business training
Solution: Set up a computer/tutorial school and teach people computer literacy and online biz skills.

Problem: Waste disposal is a huge problem because the state or/and local governments are failing in this area.
Solution: Set up a neighborhood waste disposal outfit.

Problem: Many people need biz plans & don’t know how to write them.
Solution: Set up biz to write biz plans for budding entrepreneurs

Problem : Authors need proofreaders to edit & proofread their works
Solution: Set up a proofreading business with a laptop and internet connection as your office.

Problem: The Fed. Govt. intends to place a ban on fertilizer importation.
Solution: Produce animal manure as an alternative to fertilizer and sell to farmers.Poultry manure is the richest form of animal manure and an effective replacement to fertilizer.Many poultry farmers have a problem disposing their farm waste. They’d be glad to give you for free. Collect the poultry waste, dry it, bag it and sell to crop farmers @ N100-N150 per bag

To make money: Think, scan the environment. Find a problem, look for a solution, create a biz to provide the solution, you make money.
People pay for solutions

4 Likes

Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by dansmog(m): 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
@poster, how much can i charge for proofreading articles
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by Masterseg: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
i will like you to charge #300,that is if the article is not that much complex
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by dansmog(m): 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2012
@OP what if it is a 20 page article upward, and i also want to proofread for not only naija.. can i use a blog? thank you for answers!!
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by knowledge4(m): 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2012
For a book,you can make a charge of N100.00 per page
Some base their charges on the number of pages or number of words.
You can use a free blog to promote your services online
You can get proofreading jobs at www.onlinewritingjobs.com
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by emsquare(m): 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2012
Go after your passion! Do your research and voila! Something will come up.
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by legalwealth(m): 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
It is easier than you think as I have an EBOOK for you all for FREE.
Download The Powerful EBOOK below and YOU Will Develop Money Making Idea 100% Guaranteed"

Gooluck...

Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by knowledge4(m): 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2012
Proofreading and editing is a goldmine in Nigeria.
Many Nigerians are writing books and many books are begging for the attention of proofreaders.
I came across a book written by a Nigerian graduate. The English was bad, horrible and I would not have believed it was written by a graduate, if the author had not placed his picture on the back cover. He has a degree or diploma in Mech.Engineering.The book was neither edited nor proofread before it was released into the market.The best writers make mistakes and a writer cannot easily see his own mistakes due to bias.But another party,the proofreader can see better.A badly written book is a dent on the author's image which will cost much more to correct later, if possible.
I am an EzineArticles.com certified writer and have writing, editing and proofreading skills.Go to www.proofreader01. and read an extract of the Introduction in the said badly written book in the blog post.For proofreading and editing services or training, get contact details from the blog above.
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by creativeideas: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
it is one thing to get information, it is quite another to be able to turn that information into money. i attended several business seminars in the past with good business prospects. i even knew people who made money through them, but they just didn't work for me. I acquired the knowledge quite alright, but i couldn't convert it into money. you know, it can be depressing when you have such great expectations and you are disappointed. then i discovered that there are very important things i overlooked inbetween the knowledge and the money. Please learn a few things that can help you make money from your ideas. Please see: http://www.howtoturninformationintomoney..com/. This information may make a difference in your business. All the best
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by DueTime(m): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
Most times, you just need some "alone" time to come up with very wonderful ideas. But also note that wonderful ideas do not automatically equal business success. Your hard work, perseverance and dedication will, in the end, be rewarded. If your passion for the particular idea you want to pursue is high, chances strongly favour you to succedd. Think about it! www.2naira.com
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by biz1234: 3:36am On Oct 07, 2012
One problem I have discovered with most Nigerians is that we lack the ability to uncover problems. And the truth is this, until and unless you are able to discover and proffer solution to a problem(s), you will never make any dime. The same thing applies to internet businesses, you must offer something of value to people in exchange for money. That is the simple truth about making money on the internet as well as with any other business.
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by knowledge4(m): 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2012
I disagree with Creative Ideas that one can learn a skill and not know how to convert it to money.
I learned proofreading and editing via online and offline resources in 2012.I did not know how to get a deal from any author after the training.
One day, as i was strolling, i came across a group of salesmen promoting their product on the street and they gave me a handbill.The handbill was badly written in horrible English.You know what i did? I reconstructed the grammar and sent it to the company via their email address on the handbill.
Few weeks after i got a call from the company chairman, a multi-millionaire and a respected Nigerian and that was the beginning of the business relationship that fetched me tons of proofreading and editing jobs that paid well.
Re: How To Generate Viable Money Making Ideas That Work by biz1234: 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
Believe me, there is no business that is not lucrative, many a times people don't make money in their businesses because, they are either in the wrong business, or they are approaching the business the wrong way. Just like the author said, if you desire to go into business, you should ensure that you offer value in exchange for money.

Try and find a problem and offer the right solution that people will be willing to get in exchange for their money.

This is the only channel to through and lasting wealth.

Offer more money than people pay for. This is the principle that guarantees a continues flow of money into your life!

(1) (Reply)

Any Importers Of Perfume And Body Spray Here? / You Build A Business By Creating Value. Not By Chasing Dreams Of Large Wealth. / I Need Hawkers For Products I Import From Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.