Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

My Parents Forgot My Birthday - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Forgot My Birthday (13510 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / 10-month-old Baby Found Floating 1 Kilometer Out On Sea After Parents ‘forgot’ A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
ZUBY77: Anuofia!
I dont blame you. I blame too much chocolate and milk they gave you when you were a kid.
I dont even remember my own birthday and here you are crying over nothing. Agbaya
I was even thinking that you were born in new york or studying in Havard until i see Uniport.
You know what, use your pocket money to buy AK47. Hunt them down and shoot the hell out of them. They dont care about you. Anu mpama.
Na wah for u o!Who is this deluded slowpoke?If you do not remember your birthday,does that mean others should not remember?And must one be a student of havard to celebrate his or her birthday?SMH4U!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by ZUBY77(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
metaldude: Thanks very much cc,u r very considerate!Before my 22nd birthday,my parents had never for once forgotten of any their kids birthday.That's why I was worried.
Oh no, now i understand why you are worried. I think something has gone wrong in your family. To make it right, stop taking their calls. Hate them. Stop going home. Stop calling them mum and dad. Disown them. Thank you.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Korrection(m): 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
@op...they remembered trust me but time factor....they worked hard for your survival..My mum knows my birthday but she doesnt call...all she does is just pray for me for another year until things gets better...count yourself lucky....so many dont even have parents....
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Outstrip(f): 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
I am over 30 and my dad still calls me on my birthday to sing me happy birthday. My mom usually calls though she sets the alarm on her pone so she remembers. LOL. Sorry poster. Its obvious you love your parents or it would not bother you.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by poweredcom(m): 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
@poster......so you want your parents to do a bas as if you are a kid..comon shut up.....there..get a life must you do birthday.....party....i beg i beg i beg ..why should this is on the front page....

AGBAYA[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size]
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by charlsecy4(m): 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
metaldude: I can't believe this!Is it possible for parents to forget his or her child's birthday?I celebrated my birthday three days ago;my dad and mum couldn't even call me on my birthday.It was on the 2nd day,early in the morning that my mum now remembered.She started pleading with me that she forgot.Seriously,Is that possible or has it happened to anyone before?

The truth is that birthday means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me. Call me or not call me, I will never bother.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2012
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by MeGaStReEt: 11:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
[size=14pt]@OP Give me your parents phone number make I give them voice[/size]
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
Outstrip: I am over 30 and my dad still calls me on my birthday to sing me happy birthday. My mom usually calls though she sets the alarm on her pone so she remembers. LOL. Sorry poster. Its obvious you love your parents or it would not bother you.
at last,a reasonable and encouraging post!I love my parents to death.My mum calls me almost on daily basis to know how the day goes.I guess it was the recent death of my cousin's(an older sister to me)husband that made her forgot.She has been emotionally shattered and crestfallen since last week.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Lachynos2k2(m): 11:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
@ poster..u be real ajebutter...i cant even rememba papa or mama wishin me happy birthday,most of d times i remember my birthday more than a week after.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 11:18pm On Mar 27, 2012
MeGaStReEt: [size=14pt]@OP Give me your parents phone number make I give them voice[/size]
This the number-08123456789.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2012
Area-Fada:
Poster,

They forgot your birthday, not your school fees or books. You are funny gan.

Most likely at your age your parents were already hussling for themselves.

You think your parents had your grandparents calling them at the age of 22 to wish them happy birthday?

Dey there dey sulk, no face your book.
chai!U wicked o!Ki lagbe,ki leju!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Theblessed(f): 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2012
[size=16pt] Sooooo?

Big deal, eh? Birthdays are annual events and there's always another year - so no fuss![/size]
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by freecocoa(f): 11:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
OP your own better o,so its this type of thing that bothers you,well happy buffdae in arrears,me dey even forget my own birthday sef.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by msb247(m): 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2012
GOD HELP THOSE PARENTS IF IT WERE TO BE A GIRL OF 15YRS AND ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by msb247(m): 11:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
Theblessed: [size=16pt] Sooooo?

Big deal, eh? Birthdays are annual events and there's always another year - so no fuss![/size]

WHAT IF WE'RE DEALING WITH A FEBRUARY 29? undecided = EVERY 4 YEARS cheesy
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 12:02am On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry: My dad could easily forget our birthdays but not my mum, each year he rings me to wish me a happy birthday I just know my mum must have reminded him. My mum still remembers the names of the midwives and doctors that brought all of us into this world. Even remembers the last food she ate before labor began, mine she said was beans and I ain't a fan of beans
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by MeGaStReEt: 12:07am On Mar 28, 2012
metaldude: This the number-08123456789.

That number no go
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 12:09am On Mar 28, 2012
freecocoa: OP your own better o,so its this type of thing that bothers you,well happy buffdae in arrears,me dey even forget my own birthday sef.
cocoa,thanks jare!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 12:10am On Mar 28, 2012
MeGaStReEt:

That number no go
what about this?08000011122
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by ujchief(m): 12:13am On Mar 28, 2012
My parents dont even know i've got a birthday! Yea, its that bad!
Once when i was about to do my industrial training, i asked my mum to help me give my i.t form to one of my uncle who hapened to be home at then. My uncle asked for a birth certificate amongst other paper works, my mum had to rush to the national population comision to get one for me.
She gave them my data to fill, she did not only miss the birth date, she missed the month as well as year!
Cheer up broda!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by MeGaStReEt: 12:16am On Mar 28, 2012
metaldude: what about this?08000011122

E no go. Give me their bb pin
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by dmainboss: 12:30am On Mar 28, 2012
@op, I pity the lady that will marry you. She will probably have to call every morning to get the days list of activities from your mum. Agbaya! Mummy's pet. You no get shame at all, you still dey post replies. Adamu! I am sure you passed your WAEC in a special center because you definite are not intelligent at all at all. You sound like you are 14 years old! With people like you, Naija's future is in real soup!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by ochukoccna: 12:33am On Mar 28, 2012
Kini big deal? undecided undecided undecided
It's ladies who are usually touchy on stuff like this and I thot it was a lady who put up this thread only to see you claim to be a male embarassed embarassed embarassed
Talk true, you be female or she-male? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Outstrip(f): 12:37am On Mar 28, 2012
megastreet I hope you are joking grin grin grin OP if you give him any more info I will slap you
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by ljila(f): 12:55am On Mar 28, 2012
Happy belated birthday smiley
I can understnad you;re hurt but you need to get over it
My teenage cousin forgot her birthday once. I called some days later to wish her a happy birthday and discovered she forgot, cos she was with her very ill mother who passed away days later sad. I'm sure she'll give anything to have her mum around, what more forget her birthday and call to apologise profusely afterwards.
Don't mean to be harsh but you need to put things in perspective smiley
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by hunsu: 1:56am On Mar 28, 2012
@metaldude,a lady will act like a lady and a man a man.What is all this for, you are 22 for God sake! Now take this advice WOMEN SAY WHAT THEY FEEL AND MEN WHAT THEY THINK.Stop behaving like an IGNORAMUS.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by soulamanne(m): 2:35am On Mar 28, 2012
My dad keeps date a lot.he writes dates on almost anything so he has never forgotten any of our birthdays(6 of us).but my mum;she always has to be reminded of the day's date.her tenants love her so much cos she doesn't even rmbr what dates thr rents are due.she always forgets our bdays except for the first child and hers.my bday was the 23rd and she came into the room as usual to ask what I would eat.I had gone out b4 ahe started callin to wish me happy bday after my dad had told her.u see the theory is if the person doesn't rmbr dates naturally it isn't a big deal.then I ve come to realise that parents are thinkin so much abt thr children that they even forget thr bdays.I ve never taken in offence in my mum's missin my bday.so OP don't be.it doesn't mean they love u less.they will try to rmbr nx year but trust,they will soon forget again by june!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 4:24am On Mar 28, 2012
If you are a female, this might be understandable as women need a little more care and love, however if you are a guy, I would advise you to report yourself to a Gender Correctional Facility near by as this behavior (excessively emotional) in guys amounts to gay tendencies. Usually guys don't care whether their birthdays are forgotten.

Growing up as teenager my parents didn't care much about my birthdays, though they did when I was a toddler up until I turned 10 or so. FYI My family is wealthy, so money wasn't the issue, just that they placed their priorities on some other issues. Like they never forgot to attend my school PTA meetings or show up when I had to engage in extracurricular activities or send my tuition/school fees same date every year, can name dozens more. What else could I ask for? For me, all of these meant love and to hell with the birthdays.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by emsquare(m): 6:15am On Mar 28, 2012
metaldude: I can't believe this!Is it possible for parents to forget his or her child's birthday?I celebrated my birthday three days ago;my dad and mum couldn't even call me on my birthday.It was on the 2nd day,early in the morning that my mum now remembered.She started pleading with me that she forgot.Seriously,Is that possible or has it happened to anyone before?

Very possible! I don't stress them about it...
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 7:19am On Mar 28, 2012
dmainboss: @op, I pity the lady that will marry you. She will probably have to call every morning to get the days list of activities from your mum. Agbaya! Mummy's pet. You no get shame at all, you still dey post replies. Adamu! I am sure you passed your WAEC in a special center because you definite are not intelligent at all at all. You sound like you are 14 years old! With people like you, Naija's future is in real soup!
Why are there so many sadists on nairaland?Do I look like one of your kids that u pay an astronomical fees for them to pass?Pls,don't pour out your frustrations on me.Go to third mainland bridge and do a jimmy jatt jump off!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Dawdy(m): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2012
As ure remembering ur birthday, Dont forget ur deathday which is getting closer on every birthday's celebration.
I dont wish any body soon death, but death is inevitable in life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? / Men, Do You Find Your Pregnant Wives Unatractive? / A Nairalander Celebrates His Great Grandmother At 130 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.