Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

My Parents Forgot My Birthday - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Forgot My Birthday (13533 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / 10-month-old Baby Found Floating 1 Kilometer Out On Sea After Parents ‘forgot’ A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by AreaFada2: 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
Poster,

They forgot your birthday, not your school fees or books. You are funny gan.

Most likely at your age your parents were already hustling for themselves.

You think your parents had your grandparents calling them at the age of 22 to wish them happy birthday?

Dey there dey sulk, no face your book.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Mynd44: 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
Imagine nonsense, they forgot your birthday and you are here crying
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Connoisseur(m): 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
mtcheew
nothing we no go hear for nl.
A 22 yr old guy worried bout bday greetings from his parents
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by dabrake(m): 6:42pm On Mar 27, 2012
metaldude: @cc,could u believe that am the first born of the family and I celebrated my 22nd birthday.They reside in Lagos and I school in the university of Port harcourt.
what nonsense. Of all things? Birthday? Your parents are thinking of how they will continually sustain you all, thinking of how they will manage despite the harsh economy and you dare think they should, of all things, think of your birthday? Thank God you would soon be a father and don't be suprised if you continually forget your wedding aniversaries, wife's birthday, your birthday and those of your children. You won't even keep dates, worse is if you are working for someone. The only dates you will keep in mind will be from 23rd - 28th of every month. The funny thing is that even if your wife's birthday fall within that region, you would forget 'cause you would only be thinking of your salary.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by r231(m): 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2012
oh oh
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Businesstools(m): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
When you become a parent,you will appreciate why they didn't remember.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by dabrake(m): 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2012
chaircover: I know how hurt you must feel, but as your mum called the next day, they probably just forgot and didnt mean any harm. When you get home enter a reminder in your parents phone so they dont forget next year.

I want you to smile and cheer up, besides look on the bright side, you have another birthday coming up in less than 365 days. I have to wait another 1400 and something days to my next birthday grin
jeez! February 29th?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by horlabiyi(m): 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
Its very possible as it happened to me last year. And i was discussing it with my mom when i see your thread. Happy birthday in arrears and pls wish me happy birthday,my birthday is on April 6th.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
Shiioorr

if na your name dem come forget nko?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2012

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by ZUBY77(m): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
Anuofia!
I dont blame you. I blame too much chocolate and milk they gave you when you were a kid.
I dont even remember my own birthday and here you are crying over nothing. Agbaya
I was even thinking that you were born in new york or studying in Havard until i see Uniport.
You know what, use your pocket money to buy AK47. Hunt them down and shoot the hell out of them. They dont care about you. Anu mpama.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2012

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Coefficient(m): 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2012
Poster, u don hear enuff bashing. No carry dis kain story come here again abeg! Unless u want Boko visit grin
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by cynthiafred67(f): 7:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
@op
Shi.t happens its no big deal, My dad even 4get his. Get over it joor! Anyways happy birthday in arrears.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2012
With the way things are goin,
Who cares??
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by honour6(m): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2012
You do not have Job nai cause am, Last year me self forget my birthday, Not until text started pouring in before I check my calender lol, You know get work, your mate dey look for boy friend wey don make their first million for 24, you dey here dey talk of birthday, m cheeeeew. grin
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by hamsky: 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
@OP and other big childrens (lol) what if i tell u that my parents have never told me happy birthday before and I'm almost 22 now. Don't take this wrongly cos my parents do care a lot but birthday wishes and stuff is not part of the family's custom........I guess the only thing i have celebrated which is close to a birthday is my naming ceremony.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by SPIFF(m): 8:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
What is the big deal in that your parent forget your b'day. I even forgot mine once. I was in a village in Bauchi state sometimes in 2004. No network there. I was about entering Bauchi town 4 days after when I started receiving b'day wishes from friends then I just remembered my b'day was three days ago.
Case Two: My sister was once a teacher. It was at the moment she was writing the days date on the Chalkboard that she remember that the day was her b'day. My parent don't even know my b'day date self.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by nwangap(f): 8:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
you are complaining, what if you were me that my parents couldn't produce my birth certificate, totally forgot my birthdate, i had to fix a date myself and since then, it has become my birthday.i didn't have to complain cos that is the least important thing to me. lol

1 Like

Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
one spoilt child, lmfao, guy, from 10 to 16, my old man didnt tell me happy birthday, i still love him to death, so what re u crying over? grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Beam4real: 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2012
I cnt even remember one year dat any of ma parnts remember ma bufday. . .
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by lilkech(m): 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
If u check it well those people are not the real parents of the poster

sniff . Sniff . do you smell a bas.tard ?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Ibomade1: 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2012
Well if this makes you feel better.
The whole of my family completely forgot my 16th birthday and I purposely didn't remind them.
It was a neighbour who had his birthday a day before mine that flagged it up 2 days later shocked

Mumsie was in deep distress over it. Took her some time b4 she was able to forgive herself.

But the rest of the clan where like .. . shey bi you don't like celebrating your birthday anyways tongue

As long as you remember and give thanks to the almighty, the rest na funfare.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2012
they are growing old. forgive them. grin
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
They forgot your birthday and you're whining...na im be say if you dey my household u go dey weep like say person die. My guy, this is just the beginning for you. You should be happy that she even remembered a day after.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by senben(m): 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sometime I wonder maybe some people no dey busy enough to dey think of trivial things;guy na niaja U dey ohh. Well U always expect such from ajeboo's....Ur exam is in 3weeks time go put Ur brain an mind 2 studies...aaaah
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by dabrake(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2012
nwangap: you are complaining, [size=48pt]what if you were me that my parents couldn't produce my birth certificate, totally forgot my birthdate, i had to fix a date myself and since then, it has become my birthday.[/size]i didn't have to complain cos that is the least important thing to me. lol
i don die from laugh sotey i almost piss inside mortar wey i don suffer pound yam.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2012
Lilkech,if u don't v any better thing to say,pls,kindly STFU!
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by deloon(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2012
@OP. I stopped caring whether my birthday was remembered or not in my JS2. Dude you are too old for this ish.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
ItsModella: They forgot your birthday and you're whining...na im be say if you dey my household u go dey weep like say person die. My guy, this is just the beginning for you. You should be happy that she even remembered a day after.
ItsModella: [color=#006600]They forgot your birthday and you're whining...na im be say if you dey my household u go dey weep like say person die. My guy, this is just the beginning for you. You should be happy that she even remembered a day after.
[/color]
ItsModella: They forgot your birthday and you're whining...na im be say if you dey my household u go dey weep like say person die. My guy, this is just the beginning for you. You should be happy that she even remembered a day after.
thanks very much,sis.Advice duly noted.
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2012
senben: Sometime I wonder maybe some people no dey busy enough to dey think of trivial things;guy na niaja U dey ohh. Well U always expect such from ajeboo's....Ur exam is in 3weeks time go put Ur brain an mind 2 studies...aaaah
And who says my exam starts in 3weeks?
Re: My Parents Forgot My Birthday by metaldude(m): 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2012
chaircover: haba all this abuse is too much now. poster was just hurt that his parents forgot his/her birthday this year.

Birthdays are special events to some people; maybe in his family they make a big deal out of it and he/she was surprised that this year they forgot.
Thanks very much cc,u r very considerate!Before my 22nd birthday,my parents had never for once forgotten of any their kids birthday.That's why I was worried.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Nick Vujicic And Family (photos): God Is Good / Men-A Better Whip To Beat Your Wife-( Women how do you whip your partner?) / Are You Facing Manhood Challenges in Your Marriage? See Solution here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.