Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,612 members, 7,820,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity (8458 Views)

Northern Nigeria Governors Endorse Action Against Shiites / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Festus Keyamo Shreds Gej, Endorses Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2012
shymmex: @Beaf

I need the type of job you do, how much do you think I can earn monthly? I can work 16hrs a day, since all I need to do is post propaganda, and half-truths.

I'm serious, beaf - please PM me.

Cheers, mate.

LMAO grin
Re: GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity by emsquare(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
Dats nyc!
Re: GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity by yoji: 8:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
I don't get it. I believe in a capitalist set up, companies are free to fix whatever prices they want and if u can't afford it, u use alternatives.
Re: GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity by 1025: 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2012
obasanjo has never done anything good to nigeria and nigerians. how can in a country of over 200 million ppl, obasanjo just decided to impose a woman/man.
how can you give BA and other airlines conditions when you don't have an airline?
how can jonathan even fight uk govt when they help him catch his enemies like ibori?
Re: GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 29, 2012
Misplaced priority sadly. They probably charge Nigerians more because there are other factors to consider. Poor airport management. We dont have constant electricity, and I am sure the BA and Virgin offices use generators. They might have to pay their staff higher salaries in Nigeria than in Ghana. Higher landing charges in Nigeria than Ghana. List goes on. So government shouldn't disgrace themselves with this matter. They ought to be fighting the issue Arik's landing slots in Heathrow, and not the fare disparity. Noone is forced to buy First class, and I am quite sure those who fly First class are politicians, who don't pay for the tickets. Moreover, Arik is still there. Govt should be thinking of making a law requiring all govt workers to fly Nigerian airlines, and stop bothering themselves with this issue.
Re: GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 29, 2012
nwanna89: Misplaced priority sadly. They probably charge Nigerians more because there are other factors to consider. Poor airport management. We dont have constant electricity, and I am sure the BA and Virgin offices use generators. They might have to pay their staff higher salaries in Nigeria than in Ghana. Higher landing charges in Nigeria than Ghana. List goes on. So government shouldn't disgrace themselves with this matter. They ought to be fighting the issue Arik's landing slots in Heathrow, and not the fare disparity. Noone is forced to buy First class, and I am quite sure those who fly First class are politicians, who don't pay for the tickets. Moreover, Arik is still there. Govt should be thinking of making a law requiring all govt workers to fly Nigerian airlines, and stop bothering themselves with this issue.
Lol... I like your way of reasoning which is far from what the OP says!
Re: GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity by vitality22(m): 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
feelamong:

Thank you o jare!!! wetin concern Agbero with Overload

Person neva chop bele ful im dey talk about Air flight to UK!!

If dem like let them stop all flights from flying in and out of naija.....they should just not touch the cost of Amala and Ewedu soup plus shaki wey poor man dey chop!
hahahahahahaha, bros you harsh ooooooooooo
Re: GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity by ajekpaks(m): 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
dayorx: banning an airline because of expensive business and first class fares is just plain stupid. why dont you impose taxes on them and make them pay for landing slots just as Arik needs to pay at heathrow....how does banning slove any issue it is d common man that will suffer, people that fly economy. i'm sick and tired of GEJ and his knee jerk reactions to everytin....It just doesnt make economic sense..BA and Virgin employ Nigerians,sleep in nigerian hotels and pay bills here maintain offices this is just plain stupid.

You are actually the one that needs ya brain checked... Taxes at the detriment of who? Who is losing? Not the airlines and not the the government either... But the masses paying for it... The other countries where the fares are relatively cheap don't they also employ citizens, sleep in sleep in their hotels and pay bills there and maintain offices too? They should bring down the fares and maybe the average nigerian can also enjoy the same benefits their counterparts from neighbouring countries enjoy too... Abi who no like to travel with maximum comfort? Na only economy class wey their lecturers dey dull me oh... :-D
Re: GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity by kooto(m): 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2012
I think it is just a simple arithmetic the british airliners are doing,they know nigerians always want to show-off,e.g. some nigerians will tell you "i don't patronise that kind of shopping mall" simply because the products are affordable for middle and low class of citizens; irrespective of the genuiness of the quality of products. i agree there are classes of people but this is evident in an average nigerian. don't you see it on the roads if someone drives a better car than yours; and one needs to reverse for the other the better car driver expects you to reverse for him, even some people will be telling the other person you are dragging road with a rich man, they know our president's with celebrated her birthday with a visit to old people's home in australia took pictures and donated one million dollars[if i'm not mistaken]they know, they know all this things etc. are there no other airlines that ply that route? why not join another? above all I think our govt forcing them to bring the price down is the right thing,they know even when cell phone came in the highest tarriff 61minute you pay for two minutes, they know we love it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Assembly Approves Fayose’s N19.6bn Loan Request / Appeal Court Fixes Date To Hear Abba's Suit Against Ganduje / Osun 2nd Anniversary: We Have Entrenched Regular Payment Of Full Salary - Alabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.