Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! (24620 Views)

Help My Dstv Is Always Hanging / Dstv Is A Cheat Exploiting Nigerians... Subscribers Lament On Unbearable Tariff / Just Like They Did HITV, DSTV Is About To Run Startimes Out Of Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by ndidibabe(f): 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2012
This message was sent to my husband's phone by Dstv: ''Dear Subscribers, your smatcard need an urgent upgrade before the next three days. Please come to our office with your smart card for a free upgrade. We have just three days to go''. What sort of rubbish is this? I will abandon my work to join a long queue in their office (as it used to be)for an upgrade? Can't it be done remotely? Why should it last for three days? Fire brigade approach! They are just unserious! No competition..
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
keep blabbing while they keep making their money. na by force!!!

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by feelzee: 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
I got the message too oooo. now am cracking my head on how to do it before saturday cos it will be worse then. As usually we have to obey
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by WAVixen: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
rafhell: keep blabbing while they keep making their money. na by force!!!
It's not complusory you respond to posts, your tone is very rude.

9 Likes

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
My DSTV is still running for almost 7 months now without payment, my luck

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by fesse(f): 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
Got same message this morning.Leaving the office to join their ending cue in wuse2 is another thing. The upgrade should wait till weekend.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Kitomania(m): 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
This areguys had exploited us enogh its high time u should do somethingthus we in the north we had gone far ahead with various alternate.... from hotbird-Madagascar sat to even free Tv with all what Dstv is doing shakara for Nigerians....
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by floriana(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2012
Rafhell is an eediot, never owns a DSTV and has no hope of ever owning one even if on credit. Has very low standards and expectations in life and doesn't understand what it means when they say customer is king. Forgive him!
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by kombats: 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2012
WAVixen: It's not complusory you respond to posts, your tone is very rude.
help me tell am ooo
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by baslone: 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
Dunno what you mean, but request to upgrade has been showing on my screen everyday!
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by kristiansmart: 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2012
Rafhell is an eediot, never owns a DSTV and has no hope of ever owning one even if on credit.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by ndidibabe(f): 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
Rude! Besides, what makes you think i am not making my own money too?
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by geeman(m): 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
I switched on my Dstv abt a week ago and I got a notification to upgrade. I just clicked on the 'ok' button and it did d updrage automatically. took abt 10mins

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
Taking you for granted , how? Were you charged for the upgrade or what? I think the service they render is optional and not compulsory.

This OP has an anti- progress mentality. There are other options of course, our very-own advance HI TV. we are myopic people. We cry for FDI and yet discourage it.

On a final note OP, if you feel you re been taking for granted, start yours to compete with the players in that industry.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by ehis31031: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2012
well, mine was done remotely , when i switched on , i saw a message to click "OK" if i want to upgrade, i did and the OS was upgraded....sorry abt urs!
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by ajila03(m): 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
What nonsence is wrong with their head?Is this they. way they do to their S Africans customers.I wonder why people still waste their hard earned naira to watch repeated programmes from E!,114,118 and several others.They wouldn't send such stupid text message to me when they are not mad.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by ndidibabe(f): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2012
Your brain is blabbing!

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by anishe(m): 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
I think the govt. sholud just do something about this. there should be some form of control on their prices and services.

companies owned by foreigners are just taking us for granted in Nigeria. MTN, British Airways, DSTV, and the list goes on.

the govt. sgould just do something.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Ekans: 3:20pm On Mar 28, 2012
How come i have been watching Dstv for close to a year now without new subscription when mine expired last year. Did they forget me?and moreover i have the upgrade message on my tv screen too.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by binhozie(m): 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
geeman: I switched on my Dstv abt a week ago and I got a notification to upgrade. I just clicked on the 'ok' button and it did d updrage automatically. took abt 10mins

Exactly. . me too
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by blank(f): 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
odiaero: My DSTV is still running for almost 7 months now without payment, my luck

Na so.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by buJu234: 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
ur leaders have sold ur countries businesses to SA...

simple
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by hbabe(f): 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
I got the message too and I am doing nothing about it. About a week ago I had done the upgrade when I got the notification; I used the 'ok' button and the upgrade was done. I wonder why I am getting this message again.

I have no time or intention to waste hours standing on a queue as if my life depends on DSTV afterall I only get to watch their programmes weekends.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by teskyg: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
I love the bashing you guys heaped on Rafhell.It will serve as deterants to his types who managed to get access to the Internet and run their mouth. tongue

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by chibus11: 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
They are really not searious because our leaders are just eating money in Abuja and not doing what they should do.Can DSTV try that in S.A?We pay so high and dont get anything like they get in S.A.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2012
WTF! Nigerians r being taken 4 granted everyday. By the government, by the religious institutions, by the corporations (both public & Private) So what if one more lousy company comes to do what is now a norm.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by fonzypro: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
hello guyz, u don't need to go to dere office to join the long annoying Que. the upgrade can be done by ur self. wen u put in ur decoder u will see d message dat ur decoder needs an upgrade just press ok to start the upgrade. the important of the upgrade is for there users to be able to enjoy the new menu features and display themes.
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by aljharem(m): 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
ndidibabe: This message was sent to my husband's phone by Dstv: ''Dear Subscribers, your smatcard need an urgent upgrade before the next three days. Please come to our office with your smart card for a free upgrade. We have just three days to go''. What sort of rubbish is this? I will abandon my work to join a long queue in their office (as it used to be)for an upgrade? Can't it be done remotely? Why should it last for three days? Fire brigade approach! They are just unserious! No competition..

yes they would take us for granted because we do not patronise our indigenous satalite station

Have you heard of HiTv before ?
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
Come let us serve you better for free, and they are taking Nigerians for Granted!!

Do you people even know the meaning of "Taking for Granted"?

Your government does it to you everyday and you cant say jack shit, a company that offers decent services are asking you to come so they can serve you better and you are complaining. Irf you cant make it in three days, go when you can. . . chikina!

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
ndidibabe: This message was sent to my husband's phone by Dstv: ''Dear Subscribers, your smatcard need an urgent upgrade before the next three days. Please come to our office with your smart card for a free upgrade. We have just three days to go''. What sort of rubbish is this? I will abandon my work to join a long queue in their office (as it used to be)for an upgrade? Can't it be done remotely? Why should it last for three days? Fire brigade approach! They are just unserious! No competition..

Every single foreign companies in Nigeria are taking Nigerians for granted, thanks to the govt that refuse to protect the interest of the people they govern
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by ndidibabe(f): 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2012
idiagbon: Taking you for granted , how? Were you charged for the upgrade or what? I think the service they render is optional and not compulsory.

This OP has an anti- progress mentality. There are other options of course, our very-own advance HI TV. we are myopic people. We cry for FDI and yet discourage it.

On a final note OP, if you feel you re been taking for granted, start yours to compete with the players in that industry.
Did you go through my post very well? How do i sound anti-progressive? If you have ever been to Dstv office, you will understand me better. The number of staff at their customer service desk is quite small, hence causing a lot of queue, To resolve any issue, you will spend nothing less than 1hr, if you are lucky. Besides, the staff are so rude. Now they are sending a text message that we must come with our smart card directly to their office for an upgrade before the next three days. This is cruel to me. I can bet that the whole place will be crowded and one might not be able to achieve anything in a day. An upgrade can be done remotely once the decoder is on which has only been the case with DSTV but this new method which sounds like ' Come to our office for a system upgrade before the next three days unless your service will be disrupted' creates unneccessary tension. I called their office few minutes back to know the repercussion of not upgrading and the lady told me the decoder will not connect if the upgrade is not done within 3 days. How pathetic! Besides, why do MTN charge while 'a music is on' and one has not been connected to the Customer care operator at DSTV? Nija!
Re: DSTV Is Taking Nigerians For Granted! by scopusng(m): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
Foo.ls running ya mounth. Anyway, i don't have to listen to u guys. Just back from DSTV office for swapping and was issued a new card.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Buy Scrap Inverter Deep Cycle Batteries Etc @ Reasonable Prices / Free Digital TV Stations On Smart Tvs Without Any Decoder. / All About Dreambox Receivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.