Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? (3664 Views)

Sahara Reporters So Called ''investigative Journalism' Was Outsmarted By S'court / AIT Hate Attacks On Buhari; A Violation Of Ethics And Standards Of Journalism. / Elendu Reports - Cutting Edge Investigative Journalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Ibotex(m): 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2012
Going by the fact that so many issues remain unsolved. Many cases are not reported. Even what happens behind the scenes. Do not come to the knowledge of the public. Answers please
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by pssword: 5:20pm On Mar 28, 2012
Lol, which kain question be that. Have you ever known this to be the case. It seems to me many of our journalist write what they like without fear of retribution. On a more serious note though, I think strengthening and enforcing our libel laws should help with this in some respect. For other investigative work, if our law enforcement worked - the journalist would feel protected and really investigate... who knows
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by sunkoye: 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
u dont want to know the level of corruption in nigeria journalism.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Seun(m): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
sunkoye: u dont want to know the level of corruption in nigeria journalism.
We do. Please tell us everything!
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by jswagg4(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
Investigative kini?? U think say anybody wan dead for Naija??...its very risky and with the INSTITUTIONALIZED corruption in Nigeria,such journalist will be slayed without remorse

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by free2ryhme: 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2012
;DLai Lai, even the journalist are corrupt they change colour like chamelon and after the highest bidder. they are praise singers and after their own pockets. Our system of govt does not encourage and the society are not well educated to lend a voice to issues that ecourages investigated journalist.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Vigilante: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
Investigate what? Even to ask tough questions na wahala?
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2012
Hehehe grin. You just don't use 'investigative journalism' and 'Nigerian journalists' in the same sentence. Who get time for all that unecessary headache ?
More like 'brown envelope' and 'beer parlour' journalism.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by sirp2007: 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
do they even know d meaning of investigative journalism.our journalist are only good in copying.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by ckkris: 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2012
[quote author=Seun]
We do. Please tell us everything!
Seun if you really want everything, please deliver a sizeable BROWN ENVELOP for an authoritative investigative report on how good and wonderful you are, if not, take what you deserve.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
The last newspaper company that went dat way found them self out of business
Does anyone remember NEXT234 investigative journalism on Allison Madueke? That was d last they did... Cabals can be very powerful
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by kobikwelu(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2012
lol..... no nigerian journalist is a journalist in the real sense

they are all "brown envelope" journalists..plus political jobbers

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by TheGeneral1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
I don't know abt nigeria but what I know is that Ghana has a lot of them like Armiyawu Anas who have won many awards for that.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by olawalebabs(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2012
There're always bad eggs in any profession. Next newspaper (now rested) is more into investigative journalism. Likewise sun newspaper runs a feature page every saturday that also deal with that.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by zaboy: 8:43pm On Mar 28, 2012
Nigerian newspapers are just like nairaland...a medium of expressing tribal sentiments!
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Ninilowo(m): 8:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
Kola Olawuyi did when alive but no one to carry on since his demise.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
234next - that was lambasted by the usual suspects as a bad belle paper

business day seems to have picked up the gauntlet
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by In4MATIC1: 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2012
It is practically impossible to do REAL journalism without some measures of digging and that's our bane. We are better at sensationalism, owambe and opinion journalism, fourth estate of the realm indeed .
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:11am On Mar 29, 2012
Nigerian Journalists always stay with OFFICIAL NEWS which is always FALSE NEWS

nobody dare investigate anything for fear of been murdered.......

dont forget no insurance for our journalists so because of that i don"t blame them.

People like myself......we don"t go with official news
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 29, 2012
I dont think so,because most of the crimes in developed countries are solved with the help of journalist..we dont have freedom of speech..
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Theben(m): 6:36am On Mar 29, 2012
Ninilowo: Kola Olawuyi did when alive but no one to carry on since his demise.
Lol i just could not help it but t☺ laugh when i saw this. Egbon Kola Olawuyi was mainly into investigating witches ordeal rather than real crime. Anyway sha, i don't think there's anything like investigative journalism in nigeria. Nigeria journalists are too dull for that na they'll end up acusing the wrong person and draw false conclusions.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by dmainboss: 7:36am On Mar 29, 2012
A lazy and self centered society will always blame the government for everything. Who is going to change it? Government? Go check history!
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by emsquare(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2012
sunkoye: u dont want to know the level of corruption in nigeria journalism.

Hmmmm!
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by amodaade: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
Remember Dele Giwa
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by jmoore(m): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2012
almost every newspaper media is run by some of these corrupt politicians.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by prettyboi1(m): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
We are naturally intellectually lazy. Even the normal day to day reports,how many of our journalists research to get true statistics. They just go on the internet & copy lies & add a few words of theirs. We'd rather Chase material things & money rather than do intuitive things like "investigative journalism." It's really sad.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by prettyboi1(m): 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
In-4MATIC:
It is practically impossible to do REAL journalism without some measures of digging and that's our bane. We are better at sensationalism, owambe and opinion journalism, fourth estate of the realm indeed .
You've said it ALLLLLLLLL!
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by prettyboi1(m): 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2012
dmainboss: A lazy and self centered society will always blame the government for everything. Who is going to change it? Government? Go check history!
TRUE WORDS MY BROTHER. WE ALWAYS LOVE TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR OUR FAILURES.
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Danigmatic(m): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2012
Ibotex: Going by the fact that so many issues remain unsolved. Many cases are not reported. Even what happens behind the scenes. Do not come to the knowledge of the public. Answers please
well as a communicator,,I was taught that nigeria's journalist re not practising journalism but re manipulating communication,,journalism is a hard task,,not when media houses re owned by political minded people,,
Re: Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? by Cholls(m): 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
jswagg4:
Investigative kini?? U think say anybody wan dead for Naija??...its very risky and with the INSTITUTIONALIZED corruption in Nigeria,such journalist will be slayed without remorse
cry

(1) (Reply)

FG Build 62 Agro-input Centres Nationwide To Distribute Agric Inputs For Farmers / PDP Wins Buruku Federal Constituency Seat In Benue, As APC Wins Online / Picture Of The New N100 Centenary Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.