Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? (1462 Views)

Nigerian Churches And The Culture Of Extreme Exploitation / How God Brought Me Into His Kingdom / Moral Victory: Religious Exploitation, And The New American Creed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by mercenaryx(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
Will it be safe to say that christianity brought European exploitation and inhumane treatment to Africa?
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by LogicMind: 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2012
yes
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by mkmyers45(m): 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
Yes, it brought slavery,disharmony,religion(period) even Islam was introduced by slave trading and forceful conversion.
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by emofine2(f): 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2012
By the grace of God yes. Christianity was a tool largely used to exploit Africans.
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by buzugee(m): 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
The unrighteousness of 'the people you ignorantly call africans' brought about exploitation of africa. When 'africans' fell morally and spiritually, the lord removed his protection from us

isaiah 5 vs 5 Now I will tell you what I am going to do to my vineyard: I will take away its hedge, and it will be destroyed; I will break down its wall, and it will be trampled (vs 7) The vineyard of the LORD Almighty is the house of Israel,

psalms 80 vs 12 Why have you broken down its hedge and all those passing by the way have trampled it

and now we are getting trampled because the protection has been removed.

isaiah 5 vs 29 Their roaring shall be like a lion, they shall roar like young lions: yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry it away safe, and none shall deliver it.

lamentation 1 vs 5 Her foes have become her masters; her enemies are at ease. The LORD has brought her grief because of her many sins. Her children have gone into exile, captive before the foe.

lamentations 1 vs 10 The enemy has plundered her completely, taking every precious thing she owns.
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by Kay17: 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
^^
The manner you talk about your god, makes me think he is a demon. Why condemn an entire civilization for the disobedience of a few?
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by Callotti: 9:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
Christians still remain exploited to this day.
I don't pity 'em though.
SERVES THEM RIGHT! kiss
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by buzugee(m): 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2012
Kay 17: ^^
The manner you talk about your god, makes me think he is a demon. Why condemn an entire civilization for the disobedience of a few?
its not condemnation. he is preparing you for heaven. you are getting tested and refined in the fire of suffering. you started out with all the goodies from the gate. slowly and slowly your trangressions eroded all the wealth and joy you started with. now you will end up in a point where you are backed to the wall of oppression and suffering and pain and sorrow. keep in mind all these things you did to yourself because with each transgression your wealth and joy keeps getting eroded. this is a test. eventually heaven will be established and the test will be over. right now, what you can do for yyourself ? dont strangle yourself with the noose of transgression. with each sin it gets tighter and tighter till you are eradicated.

LAMENTATIONS 1 VS 14 My rebellious acts are a heavy burden for me. They were tied together by God's own hands. They were tied around my neck. He has weakened me [with them]. The Lord has handed me over to people I cannot oppose.
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by logicboy: 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
buzugee: its not condemnation. he is preparing you for heaven. you are getting tested and refined in the fire of suffering. you started out with all the goodies from the gate. slowly and slowly your trangressions eroded all the wealth and joy you started with. now you will end up in a point where you are backed to the wall of oppression and suffering and pain and sorrow. keep in mind all these things you did to yourself because with each transgression your wealth and joy keeps getting eroded. this is a test. eventually heaven will be established and the test will be over. right now, what you can do for yyourself ? dont strangle yourself with the noose of transgression. with each sin it gets tighter and tighter till you are eradicated.

LAMENTATIONS 1 VS 14 My rebellious acts are a heavy burden for me. They were tied together by God's own hands. They were tied around my neck. He has weakened me [with them]. The Lord has handed me over to people I cannot oppose.

So, God allowed Europeans and Arabs to take slaves from Nigeria? Do you have any idea what it is to be a slave? To be horse-whipped or to be raped? Or to have your legs cut off if your tried to run away? Or to lose your tongue if you insulted your master?

God is either a sadist or he doesnt exist?

BTW Christianity came to Nigeria through slavery.
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by buzugee(m): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2012
logicboy:

So, God allowed Europeans and Arabs to take slaves from Nigeria? Do you have any idea what it is to be a slave? To be horse-whipped or to be raped? Or to have your legs cut off if your tried to run away? Or to lose your tongue if you insulted your master?

God is either a sadist or he doesnt exist?

BTW Christianity came to Nigeria through slavery.
let me show you how this thing started out. God created a shemetic black man and woman. these are his firstborn children. the lord deals in purity. this is why he is only dealing with the original black people he made from the dust. he gave us the convenant and laws and we are supposed to be the shining light in the world (amos 3 vs 2) (exodus 4 vs 22 ). however we fell into idolatry and all kinds of crazy things black people get up to. and he removed his protection from us (psalms 80 vs 12 ) (isaiah 5 vs 5-7). then he destroyed us in the flood and repopulated the earth but this time he created other mutant races from the 3 sons of noah. these mutant races (arabs and japnese, chinese, whites) will be his weapon used against his first born children if they transgress again. and he started out by giving black people everything on earth. the earth belonged to us, while he put the mutant races as savages in caves of mt seir and edom and caucasus mountains in georgia russia. but the condition to this balance is that with each trangression of the shemetic black people, the mutant races will get stronger and stronger and stronger and the black people will get weaker and weaker. and so it went till the white people got so strong, came out of the caves, took over israel (initial home of black people ), enslaved the blacks took all their land. all this started under alexander the great and worsened under antiochus epiphanes. so the mutant races were exalted due to the transgression of the black people and are now in their salvatiion and own the whole world, while the black people who started out with the whole world now own nothing. the gentiles are in heaven while the blacks are in hell (they are both conditions on earth ). so the answer to your question is-will i want to go to heaven (usa, australia, uk ) or hell ? (anywhere with black people ) ? personally with the kind of relationship i have developed with the lord i can be in heaven or hell and will be ok. scripture says if a man is doing right by God, he will be kind to you and will defeat your enemies for you (isaiah 30 vs 18 ) (psalm 81 vs 13)

so everything i wrote up there is biblical. i dont want to inundate the writings with biblical verses (because i have 100s and will link them up for you into how we ended up here ) but trust me it is all biblical. so now black people all over the world are in hell and own nothing despite starting out with everything because of our transgression. and the only 2 things that will get us out of this as a collective are

1-we all return to worshipping the lord the way we are supposed to and obeying his laws

2-wait till the reign of the gentile is over but in the meantime continue to endure sorrow, unfair trade, hunger, bad leadership, racism, etc etc etc etc. When the era of the gentile is over, all the fortunes will be reversed again and black people will be put on top again but in righteousness with christ. and the gentiles who had a chance to rule in righteousness but instead subjected the israelites to lynchings, slavery, unfair trade, colonialism, racism, painting jesus face as white and having the whole world bow down to a white jesus hence idolatry, painting the real jews as white hence deciet etc etc will get their comeuppance and will be put in slavery and in subjection to the black people. THIS IS ALL BIBLICAL.

Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by buzugee(m): 11:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
So because of your rebellious acts, the lord removed his protection and you got weakened and got invaded by heathens who had their heathenistic way with you. heathens are savages lol. now you know. and christianity is white man doctrine. i agree. i am not a christian. i read the bible. the bible was written by black men in manuscripts but compiled by the white man. its a black mans book.
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by Kay17: 7:31am On Mar 29, 2012
You are saying in other words that Yahweh is a racial god sees who loves blacks only and has abandoned other races??

Why is your god incompetent?
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by mercenaryx(m): 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
mkmyers45: Yes, it brought slavery,disharmony,religion(period) even Islam was introduced by slave trading and forceful conversion.
I subscribe!
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by mercenaryx(m): 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
buzugee: let me show you how this thing started out. God created a shemetic black man and woman. these are his firstborn children. the lord deals in purity. this is why he is only dealing with the original black people he made from the dust. he gave us the convenant and laws and we are supposed to be the shining light in the world (amos 3 vs 2) (exodus 4 vs 22 ). however we fell into idolatry and all kinds of crazy things black people get up to. and he removed his protection from us (psalms 80 vs 12 ) (isaiah 5 vs 5-7). then he destroyed us in the flood and repopulated the earth but this time he created other mutant races from the 3 sons of noah. these mutant races (arabs and japnese, chinese, whites) will be his weapon used against his first born children if they transgress again. and he started out by giving black people everything on earth. the earth belonged to us, while he put the mutant races as savages in caves of mt seir and edom and caucasus mountains in georgia russia. but the condition to this balance is that with each trangression of the shemetic black people, the mutant races will get stronger and stronger and stronger and the black people will get weaker and weaker. and so it went till the white people got so strong, came out of the caves, took over israel (initial home of black people ), enslaved the blacks took all their land. all this started under alexander the great and worsened under antiochus epiphanes. so the mutant races were exalted due to the transgression of the black people and are now in their salvatiion and own the whole world, while the black people who started out with the whole world now own nothing. the gentiles are in heaven while the blacks are in hell (they are both conditions on earth ). so the answer to your question is-will i want to go to heaven (usa, australia, uk ) or hell ? (anywhere with black people ) ? personally with the kind of relationship i have developed with the lord i can be in heaven or hell and will be ok. scripture says if a man is doing right by God, he will be kind to you and will defeat your enemies for you (isaiah 30 vs 18 ) (psalm 81 vs 13)

so everything i wrote up there is biblical. i dont want to inundate the writings with biblical verses (because i have 100s and will link them up for you into how we ended up here ) but trust me it is all biblical. so now black people all over the world are in hell and own nothing despite starting out with everything because of our transgression. and the only 2 things that will get us out of this as a collective are

1-we all return to worshipping the lord the way we are supposed to and obeying his laws

2-wait till the reign of the gentile is over but in the meantime continue to endure sorrow, unfair trade, hunger, bad leadership, racism, etc etc etc etc. When the era of the gentile is over, all the fortunes will be reversed again and black people will be put on top again but in righteousness with christ. and the gentiles who had a chance to rule in righteousness but instead subjected the israelites to lynchings, slavery, unfair trade, colonialism, racism, painting jesus face as white and having the whole world bow down to a white jesus hence idolatry, painting the real jews as white hence deciet etc etc will get their comeuppance and will be put in slavery and in subjection to the black people. THIS IS ALL BIBLICAL.

You're confusing us the more.
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by oomen(m): 11:54pm On Apr 01, 2012
Mercenaryx,i am not in anyway writing this to spite you.Could you please,kindly modify this post and change your "brought" to BRING.A past tense doesn't come after the word DID.You actually meant to say;did christainity bring...? It was a mistake i know,from a slip of finger maybe.I think christainity actually came to salvage the african race.
Re: Did Christianity Brought Exploitation To Africa? by mercenaryx(m): 10:53am On Apr 03, 2012
oomen: Mercenaryx,i am not in anyway writing this to spite you.Could you please,kindly modify this post and change your "brought" to BRING.A past tense doesn't come after the word DID.You actually meant to say;did christainity bring...? It was a mistake i know,from a slip of finger maybe.I think christainity actually came to salvage the african race.
Thanks for the vocabulary lesson!...(Unsolicited though). How did they salvage Africans?

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When A Christian Meets The Truth? Denial. Epic Denial!!!!! LMAO! / Paganistic Birthday Dec 25 / Christianity "Then" And "Now"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.