Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? (12054 Views)

DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase / CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Deocano: 11:32am On Mar 30, 2012
I will not buy DSTV until its Pay As U Watch.i spent most of my time in the office;got home around 7 to 8pm.If i do that consecutively for 20days,what days are left for me to watch/enjoy fixed DSTV rate?....mba!
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2012
Deocano: I will not buy DSTV until its Pay As U Watch.i spent most of my time in the office;got home around 7 to 8pm.If i do that consecutively for 20days,what days are left for me to watch/enjoy fixed DSTV rate?....mba!

NNA

You will never own a DSTV nor any other cable TV if thats your criteria!!

NO PLACE IN THE WORLD is cable TV pay-as-you-watch!! NO PLACE!! Quote me.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by ouigy99(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

You know I also use them!

Their matches are faster than DSTV, meaning DSTV has a delay of almost 1 - 2 minutes on matches. I prefer Metrodigital for football than I do DSTV. I only have DSTV for the hunnies. . . For some reason girls seem to be hooked on DSTV. . And they (Metrodigital) are also in port-harcourt.

For EPL, Champions League, Bundesliga, La LIga, Serie A and a shitload of other matches, your best bet is Metro Digital. . . Way better than DSTV guaranteed.

GBAM!
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by vitus101: 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2012
@Okija my incantation is interpreted thus: sprinkle some water on ur muscles..cos excess muscle flexing was responsible for Bruce Lee's death..meaning: take it easy.Ur gragra too much.
Come who be ur aburo? You dey pass ur boundary oo.
As per the 19k5 stuff abeg shed more lite on it..
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by tonardo(m): 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2012
i think this suppose 2 b a poll than a debate?

Which group is even leading?

Pay-as-u-watch?
or
monthly payment?

As 4 me i stick with my startimes of 1k 4 now
Ooooh!
Till i buy BXTV God bless,....
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by egbason: 1:50am On Mar 31, 2012
I strongly support that DSTV should be on the basis of "Pay as u use", without sentiment, if it's done in other countries that way, I wonder why ours should be diff. it's high time we collectively revolt against this obnoxious act of thievery made possible by some of our unpatriotic and die-hard corrupt leaders colluding with these service providers.
God bless Nairalanders.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Mar 31, 2012
egbason: I strongly support that DSTV should be on the basis of "Pay as u use", without sentiment, if it's done in other countries that way, I wonder why ours should be diff. it's high time we collectively revolt against this obnoxious act of thievery made possible by some of our unpatriotic and die-hard corrupt leaders colluding with these service providers.
God bless Nairalanders.

Where in the world is cable tv pay-as-you-watch?! Where?!
Stop talking like a village drunkard... You are yet to revolt against NEPA that charges you a monthly service charge for no service (wether you got light or not), its dstv that you want to revolt against... Your problem is beyond comprehension.. Feel free to show your nearest transformer some hugging love the next time you get nepa light... Dstv stays as it is... Infact prepare for a subscription increase in April
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by knoxranger: 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2012
I have alwz read wit surprise the articles & critiques of individuals when it comes to DSTV services in nigeria.. Nigeria because of its level of literacy, does not afford people to verify, compare & contrast info before joining the bandwagon of blind critiques... Firstly no right minded tv business will give you pay as you watch, unless it comes with a time frame... Its only gonna run @ a loss. Secondly DSTV nigeria is a Nigerian owned partnership business that has provided food on family tables, job and wealth 2 an average energetic nigerian man(i am an example)... I graduted, couldnt find a job and dstv installation paid my bills. A lot of indirect staffs in all the 36 states.. Even in the United States, Comcast, directv,charter,dish, hughes all dont come cheap...the cheapest being $20, & its like d dstv family bouquet and more so you are locked into a 2 years contract.. I pay $90(#13500) on my directv monthly. Where were all the critiques when DSTV started operation in Nigeria in 1994.. They have paid their dues and competing with them is not done by premiership rights(hitv), building mansion with capital(fitv) etc. competing dstv is by bringing something encompassing(if ever) that will surpass the work of dstv. Lastly it is those that wants more variety of channels that pay, #10000.. If you cant afford it, stay on #2500.. Or better still watch nta...Please no company will give you pay as you watch unless you are ready for contract and time frame which indirectly translate to what we have presently.. Thanks
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by begwong: 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2012
Joey82:

@okija juju,
didnt u read from the above post that its pay as u go for many countries in west africa?
y should our situation in nigeria always different? answer this u phucked a55
REAL FORKED ASSS!
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by blustone(m): 10:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Okijajuju1:

NNA

You will never own a DSTV nor any other cable TV if thats your criteria!!

NO PLACE IN THE WORLD is cable TV pay-as-you-watch!! NO PLACE!! Quote me.

"NO PLACE IN THE WORLD is cable TV pay-as-you-watch!! NO PLACE!!" Doesnt make it IMPOSSIBLE. It's all about SOFTWARE engineering and programming.

Will it be a crime if Nigeria be the first to get the PAYW (Pay-As-You-Watch) CableTV??!!

C'mon, THINK around the BOX. All your reasons (except the annoying insults) has put you in the BOX they want you to believe and convince other people.

PAYW (Pay-As-You-Watch) CableTV is POSSIBLE!
#BoycottDSTVNg

This is 2015, same issue has come up, it's about time...
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Nicholdave(m): 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
I honestly don't know what the biggie about DSTV is.
Like I've learnt, it's quite easy to switch services.
The last increment done by DSTV saw me not only ignoring the expired subscription, but also going to get another cable, the highest bouquet of which is just about one-quarter of that of DSTV. I promptly got to like the new service, plus there were mutual channels & programmes.
Up to a year now and I never looked back, never regretted it.
In fact, DSTV had been calling me instead, asking why I ditched my subscriptions.
However, it may be because I'm not a football enthusiast. But I figured that even if I was, I'd have still found a way to watch my matches without necessarily obliging DSTV.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Movie Conundrums. / Pictures From The African Magic Viewers Choice Awards Event.. / 'My Wife And Kids' TV Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.