Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,872 members, 7,956,293 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) (17083 Views)

Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun / 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by PLA1: 8:33am On Mar 30, 2012
I agree with you sir. Your lifestyle, driving habbits and your maintenance culture (including choice of mechanic) goes far in determining how long and much you enjoy a particular car. I drove a MB200 Tokunbo car bought for N350k. Sold the car for N280k after 4yrs.(1998 - 2002) Never had issues with it. The next was a Honda Accord (Halla) bought for abt N900k, late 2001. I traded dis car with a car seller to collect another Honda (Shuttle) for N980k in 2006 (after like 5yrs of use) and paid a balance of N300k ( Halla sold for N680k by calculation. Unfortunately, this shuttle knocked enginee on the highway while travelling cos I entered into a big ditch while it rainned and didnt notice the enginee oil was out. Bought a 2006 Toyota Siena in 2010 and the same car can still sell for alsmot new as of now. I dirve around in a Honda baby boy, 2001 for almost a year now, and neva had a cough.......All said, regular checks and maintenance combined with good driving habbit will make your vehicles, no matter the brand, worthwhile. However, that is not saying that there are exceptions. Even tear rubber car they get yawa!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by kruku: 8:44am On Mar 30, 2012
Do not blame the car/brand. The makers of these vehicles spent years in the lab trying to come out with the best. There is no one car that is unique without a distinct question mark in one area of its design, I would rather put blame on our bad roads and lack of original spares.Remember, sometimes we buy junks all in the name of being "clean" and "FF AC" very cold! [flash][/flash]
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by ademolathe(m): 8:48am On Mar 30, 2012
Ekans: Opel omega,ol boy,i have a friend that once used that car and he went for a deliverace service with the car.F rom the day he bought it,engine overheating became his portion and a 20liter jerrycan filled with water never left his booth.

LWKMO
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by bohboh275(m): 9:01am On Mar 30, 2012
1997 Nissan Altima i would never pray for my enemy to own that car it was my first ride and i went through hell with it.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by emmysam2: 9:13am On Mar 30, 2012
Ekans: Opel omega,ol boy,i have a friend that once used that car and he went for a deliverace service with the car.F rom the day he bought it,engine overheating became his portion and a 20liter jerrycan filled with water never left his booth.

Overheating problem is common in every other cars. It is either due to Fan malfunctioning or Radiator problem (leakage or blockage). All he needed to do was either change the radiator or fix the fan
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 30, 2012
LR 3. (IT ALMOST TAKE MY LIFE) embarassed
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by CLASSMAN: 9:36am On Mar 30, 2012
Mercury Sable aka ford taurus, that car nearly send me back to my village, changed gear three times alternator twice battery once kick twice compresor once, infact changed virtually everytin on d engine , but i obseved that the engine itself is very strong had to fling it and join the toyota family ,and since then i own a car and since then my mechanic has taken me as an enemy :;

1 Like

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Efiko(m): 9:40am On Mar 30, 2012
BMW; _choice car to drive anytime but for the automatic transmission
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by bman2003: 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2012
lilkech: mercedes 911 tipper

rubbish

cant reverse without opening the drivers door and leaning dangerously (easier when drivhng with your boy)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by madanne4real: 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2012
With the various rehash of the experiences you guys have had with your cars, have you for once enquired why some of these vehicles are problematic beyond deliverance or mechanic expertise. The reason is that most of the cars sold in Nigeria today which were imported from Eurpoe and elsewhere were made for temperate regions and not for tropic regions. Cars like Vauxhall Vectra and Omega were made in England for Europe and not Africa. Period. Be wise.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by ochiaha1(m): 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2012
Bole kaja grin grin grin

The face-to-face sitting arrangement na die !!!!

Serioulsly, Peugeot cars. The doors can seize when you dont expect it to and its a real fuel guzzler angry

Anyway, the new peugeot models maybe much better.

1 Like

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by NaijaEcash(m): 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2012
Cas-Cas:
You guys buy oyinbo rejected salvaged and obsolete 'tokunbo' cars then start whining.

there is no car mentioned that someone somewhere is not having a good time with.

before you buy next time, check the history

I was about asking a similar question. Are those cars being mentioned purchased as brand new, or they were already used! Beside those made in China cars, you will be surprise that someone somewhere is praising the car you consider useless.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by oba009(m): 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
Connoisseur: A particular car gave you problems dosent mean all the cars across that model and brand are defective. Factors like your mechanic (most important) and your driving habits determine how well your car serves you

Nice one, pls tell them
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by norrisman: 1:17pm On Mar 30, 2012
See all man dey lament about them oribande Tokunboh car! Car wey dem done use finish for Europe and America come sell to you, na him una dey complain. Please whe you moan, kindly let us know if your car was bought brand new. Tokunboh cars should not be includd in replies because those cars are usually at the end of their useful lives before they are sent over.

Like my man Tony Cortino says '' when you buy a used car, you are buying someone elses headache''

1 Like

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by valdubem(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2012
worst car I've ever seen is mercedes ml300, e dey drink fuel like plane.
now enjoying my LexusGX460 & My Range Rover Evoque cheesy
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by duke2000: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2012
Mercedes Benz ML430 -too expensive to maintain and Nissan Sunny - Never. Give it to Honda and Toyota products any day. Runaway from used BMW, cool only if new.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by olu4: 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2012
you guys, most of ur contributions are not realistic.

If we are to analyse all ur experience, more than 99% are not based on true position of things.

Let me ask you these questions:

1. How many of these vehicles are new vehicles ?
2. How many of these vehicles have done less than 100,000 km
3. How many of these vehicles do you know their history before you buy them?
4. How good or qualified are your mechanics/ technicians?
5. How many of these cars are made for our kind of terrain?
6. Do you know the reason why the previous owner is selling?

We can go on and on..................

I don't know too much about different kinds of cars but I know that they are made to some specifications, depending on what
you want as an individual.

Looking at these scenarios, it does not necessarily means becos u have issues with a particular brand/ model at a point in
time, all of them are not good.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by muyoto: 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2012
kruku: Do not blame the car/brand. The makers of these vehicles spent years in the lab trying to come out with the best. There is no one car that is unique without a distinct question mark in one area of its design, I would rather put blame on our bad roads and lack of original spares.Remember, sometimes we buy junks all in the name of being "clean" and "FF AC" very cold! [flash][/flash]

The question remains that even with our bad road, poorly trained mechanics and general abysmal maintenance culture, why do some cars (eg toyota products) still perform way better than others?

1 Like

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by gadgetdeal(m): 12:45am On Mar 31, 2012
Passat
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 31, 2012
word of warning
run from dodge cars
no need going into my tale of woe
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by meexteriox(m): 2:53am On Mar 31, 2012
VOLKSWAGEN PRODUCTS ESPECIALLY FROM 2000 MODELS ARE NO GO AREA FOR ME, NEVER AGAIN.
ELECTRICAL ISSUES IN THIS PARTICULAR MODELS ARE ENORMOUS AND REALLY SCARY
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by overboard(m): 3:16am On Mar 31, 2012
Used a used Toyota Celica '86 from '99 to 2001. No probs. But dat Chinese woe, Geely is a problem to the auto industry IMHO. I may be wrong but experience speaks
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by jonnex: 8:16am On Mar 31, 2012
Can some1 tell me much about this new PICNIC they are plying all about.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Miroslavklose: 8:27am On Mar 31, 2012
overboard: Used a used Toyota Celica '86 from '99 to 2001. No probs. But dat Chinese woe, Geely is a problem to the auto industry IMHO. I may be wrong but experience speaks
that geely chinese car isa trap that that ruin one. No member of my family will near that car
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by blank(f): 11:07am On Mar 31, 2012
Hyunda Tucson. Bought brand new n I have hated it and its jerking problem ever since. N150k spent at Hyundai dealership n no solution in sight.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by johnwell(m): 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2012
lilkech: mercedes 911 tipper

rubbish

cant reverse without opening the drivers door and leaning dangerously (easier when drivhng with your boy)
lol... broda sorry, maybe the 2012 edition will come with revers/parking camera...lol

2 Likes

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by captalex(m): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2012
Wallie: Anything VW especially with the 2.0T engine. The engine is too small anyway even with turbo charging and all! Any car with a timing belt instead of timing chain.
By vw do u mean regular golf series or the regular sedan,I do think the golf 5 gti and above seem to perform well.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by captalex(m): 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2012
Umunede: Any tokunbo or 2nd hand car. Use tear leather car and enjoy ur life and have rest of mind. I can neva buy anything fairly use, never.

Condition is what makes us guys settle for fairly used vehicles.if Nigerian government had enough sense to drive Peugeot from our shores as they aren't producing vehicles nor massively employing our youths and instead bring in a new company to manufacture/assemble better crars,
Or better still start our own indeginous car production company ,then we wouldn't have this problem of having to deal with rip-off custom guys,or port wahala.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Lexusgs430: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2012
val_dubem: worst car I've ever seen is mercedes ml300, e dey drink fuel like plane.
now enjoying my LexusGX460 & My Range Rover Evoque cheesy

And the lexusgx460 is not a gas guzzler? With that smooth V8 lump!
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by obojo(m): 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2012
Volkswagen Bora
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by yungboss(m): 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2012
Toyota gives a whole lot of trouble too, the carina e,camry etc. All car brands, if wel maintained, give no troubles i use a BMW E36 and never had trouble with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make / How Did You Learn How To Drive? / The Historical Events Of Toyota RAV 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.