Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Writing A Job-Winning CV: 5 Important Things You Should Do - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Writing A Job-Winning CV: 5 Important Things You Should Do (8916 Views)

Yay!! Push Cv Just Congratulated Me!!! / Your CV - 5 Things You're Not Being Told / Writing A Winning CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Writing A Job-Winning CV: 5 Important Things You Should Do by msb247(m): 12:59am On Apr 02, 2012
why are so many posts hidden?
Re: Writing A Job-Winning CV: 5 Important Things You Should Do by Ignatio(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2012
ireti123: CV to me is a waste of time to the HR, and should be out of date by now as a questionaire to get same info during assessments like tests can be used to get more realistic details about the applicant than the stereotyped ones given in CVs. There is info all over the internet to guide you write a "good resume". Anybody, even those without the necessary skills & know how, can make use of the socalled keywords and get called for the next phase of recruitment. Everybody claims to be a goal getter, can work under pressure without supervision, self motivated, and the likes these days, yet are same people that find it difficult to take initiative to study while still in school. In my own opinion, CVs are good, but shouldn't be the starting point of recruitment process, especially for entry level.

Well said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Avoid Wardrobe Malfunctions During Online Interviews / Why Does It Take Some Companies So Long To Pay Their Worker? / My Company Owe Me Money!!! How Can I Get It Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.