Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:39 PM

GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA (30767 Views)

Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / I Still Miss Abiola, Says IBB @ 74 / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
BUSINESSMAN Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, was murdered, Major Hamza al-Mustapha said yesterday.

The former security chief’s statement is contrary to the claim that Abiola’s death in custody on July 7, 1998 was natural.

The late Abiola was incarcerated after he declared himself president on the strength of the election’s results. Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s regime cancelled the election.

Gen. Babangida, who was forced out of power in August 1993, handed over to an interim government led by Chief Ernest Shonekan, who was toppled by the late Gen. Sani Abacha in November, 1993.

The late Gen. Abacha who detained Abiola, ran an iron-fist regime, until he died in office in June, 1998.

Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar took over. Under his watch, Abiola died.

Major al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to the late Gen. Abacha, has been detained since 1998. He has been undergoing trial at a Lagos High Court over the murder of the late Abiola’s wife, Kudirat.

Mustapha also alleged that Gen. Abacha was murdered.

Major al-Mustapha accused Gen. Abubakar of complicity in the murder, saying Gen. Abubakar was afraid he could reveal what actually transpired.

He said the actual plot was to kill Abiola, the same day Abacha died, but for al-Mustapha’s intervention.

al-Mustapha spoke while giving evidence before Justice Mojisola Dada.

He said he possesses both audio and video evidence on how Abacha and Abiola were “murdered”.

He, however, said he would not make them public and would withhold some vital information in the course of the trial because of security implications.

al-Musatpha accused Gen. Abubakar of being behind his incarceration, alleging that it was his (Gen. Abubakar’s) desire that he be kept perpetually in custody.

He also told the court how he allegedly influenced the emergence of Gen. Abubakar as Abacha’s successor.

“Abiola would have been killed the very day Abacha died, but I relocated him within the barracks and used the Strike Force to protect him from those who wanted to balance the equation,” al-Mustapha said.

“In the course of this testimony, I wish to say that I will omit any issue that will affect the national security of the country as a serving officer of the Nigerian Army. My incarceration was as a result of a script written and acted out by former Head of State Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar to further keep me in prison.

“The first relates to events that happened after the murder of General Sani Abacha and the late Chief MKO Abiola. For fear that I may divulge information that led to their death; they have to keep me in prison till date.

“I am an officer who is being persecuted. After the death of Abacha, so much happened within three days and the country was without a President or Vice President. The then Vice President Lt.-Gen. Oladipo Diya was imprisoned for staging a coup. Many senior officers wanted to become Head of State, but God gave me the wisdom and I assisted General Abubakar to become President. But, this is the price I am paying for my loyalty and for assisting him,” he said.

al-Mustapha claimed to possess some documentary evidence to show that shortly after Abiola’s death; Gen Abubakar allegedly ordered that various sums of money be withdrawn from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to placate some Southwest leaders.

He said $200 million, £75 million and N500 million were allegedly withdrawn from the CBN to douse tension arising from Abiola’s death.

al-Mustapha claimed to have known Abiola from 1985 and that he was like a father to him. He added that after the annulment of 1993 presidential election, he assisted Abiola on many occasions to reach senior military officers, including Gen. Abacha.

He said at a time, Abiola slept and ate amala in his (Al-Mustapha’s) house when it was late for him to go home after consultations with some senior military officers on how he could regain his mandate.

al-Mustapha told the court that all visitations to the late Abiola were on tape, adding that some people, after visiting Abiola, would come back at night to the Presidential Villa to speak against him.

He denied ordering Sergeant Barnabas Jabila Msheila (Sgt Rogers) to kill Mrs. Abiola, claiming that he assisted her, Abiola’s son, Kola, his personal physician, Dr. Ore Falomo and his lawyers to visit him (Abiola) in prison. The hearing continues.

http://omojuwa.com/?p=1107
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2012
Does this not implicate AlMustapha in the murder of Abacha?

He said he knew of a plot to murder Abacha and Abiola on the same day.

I am convinced Al Mustapha killed Abacha. He was probably working with Babangida and / or Abdulsalami Abubakar and was ultimately double-crossed and was imprisoned. Otherwise how else could Abacha's security have been breached for somebody to poison him.

Why after Abacha's death did his closest allies in government not take over? Because Al Mustapha by his own admission engineered for Abdulsalami to take over. This single act ultimately ruined Nigeria.
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 13, 2012
angry
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by WilyWily5: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
Yorubas Obas sold Abiola for $100m to Hausa/Fulani and told them to make sure Abiola never step into Yorubaland alife.

1 Like

Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
If not for "rod" Luggard and his experiment called amalgamation,
all these conspiracies, murders and theories would had been part of our history.

Can our generation correct it?
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Dede1(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
In my book, it is not and can not amount to a big deal if the loudmouthed rogue such as MKO Abiola was killed by a recruit.
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2012
Al-Mustapha killed Abacha - Iam convinced about that.

All circumstantial evidence means that he should be a chief suspect for any investigation about Abacha's death.
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2012
truth will emerged one day, may be after IBB is off the political arena
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
I think the dead should be allowed to rest in peace. this matter is becoming offensive to the ear.Al Mustapha should bring out the evidence and stop fooling himself.
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Nobody: 4:04am On Dec 15, 2012
smiley
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by anulaxad(m): 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
im going to deal with you you bast ard ugly piece of sh it your batty dad killed him abacha he locked him up and hes orders before died was he wanted him dead God knows how obj or wole survived this devils receipt you call abacha he killed our official president back then mko so don't blame it on who is
a terrorist. person you deserve to reap in hell with your founding fathers abacha and soon to be buhari angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by anulaxad(m): 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
so you even know abiola was our official president but you defend that demon called abacha nod my head it will not be well with your generation bast ard
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
smiley
GenBuhari: smiley
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Wendyslim(f): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
Cooking another story up.hmmmmm,m,,
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by Codedrock(m): 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by johnmartus(m): 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
and jonathan gave state pardon to almustapha the murderer in the name of winning election?
Re: GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA by asadike(f): 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Yorubas and betrayal are like bread nd butter, i thought its only igbos that like money? Ofe nmanu people, tufiakwa!

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Presidential Rally In Kebbi (Pictures, Video) / How Central Bank Officials Defrauded Nigeria Of N8 Billion – EFCC / Muhammad Yalwaji Sakwa And His Driver Die In Motor Accident (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.