Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Brand New Nairaland Theme - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Brand New Nairaland Theme (20513 Views)

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / New Nairaland: State Of The Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Seun(m): 4:05am On Apr 07, 2012
It was just an April Fools joke.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by yamakuza: 6:55am On Apr 07, 2012
Its funny how no one says something when things are good.

As per the current brown/calabash color.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by lifestyle1(m): 9:47am On Apr 07, 2012
Seun: It was just an April Fools joke.

I knew it was a joke Immediately you changed the theme. grin

Nice one!
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by lifestyle1(m): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2012
Gbyte: Thats the screenshot

Thumbs up bro for taking the screenshot.. cool
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by lifestyle1(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
why not create a new thread for your advert ?

mod angry
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Daughterzion(f): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2014
Seun: I made a big mistake with New Nairaland, by making the colours too bright, so for a while now I've been experimenting with this theme. I know this new look not perfect, but I think it's much better on the eyes. I will keep tweaking it over time to make it better.

As a scientist at heart , I tried to research the issues with the old theme in a objective manner. My conclusion was that the old theme was painful on the eyes primarily because bright colors bombard the eye with excess photons, causing over-excitement of the cornea, leading to pain after using the site for a few hours. For me initially, I didn't understand this because I only used the site for 30 minutes to an hour at a stretch, but some days ago after a long moderating session of about 2 hours my eyes started to water and I knew something was wrong, so I started working on less photonic theme with dark colors that are easy on the eye.

The way it works is that the background occupies a much larger area than the text, so if the background is dark and the text is light it reduces the number of photon bombarding your cornea and provides relief to any pent up tension in the eyeballs. So I inverted colors to retain the same pleasing blend of colors you're used to while reducing the photonic bombardment rate considerably.

I know that my scientific rather than artistic approach won't win people over instantly, but if after browsing for 2 hours you notice that your eyes are perfectly relaxed and not watering at all, I hope you'll understand why that's happening and appreciate it.
sir please how do i download nairaland i hve been using my operamini browser to enter nairaland
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by FriendNG: 11:18am On Jan 28, 2019
Mynd44:
But SEUN this new one is ugliest than the last one nah. I hated the last one but this is just insulting

Are you a mod at that time.
Re: Brand New Nairaland Theme by Mynd44: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2019
FriendNG:

Are you a mod at that time.

I doubt it. Maybe moderator of music or literature.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Drunk Driver Kills Four Worshippers In Abeokuta, Ogun State. Photo / Hit And Run Honda Driver Kills A Man Today In Otukpo,Benue(Graphic Pics) / How Do I Politely Ask Someone To Leave My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.