Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried (14866 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried by ujoatu(m): 11:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
i am into PR/media consultanty in owerri. its a aeasonal thing and booms during election. right now want to add get a shop buy stuffs from lagos nd sell in owerri.dnt know whaat yet.help
Re: Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
Impulse80: I'm into the forex market, just started it so i'm still trading tentatively, hope to make enough money in it to keep me afloat through the varsity.
hw does forex trading work plz.
Re: Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried by JimloveTM(m): 7:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
publisher: In 2009,while still working in a private financial institution,i launched my own magazine. Invested over N2m on the project,hired some old classmates to run it for me...well as expected,they ran it aground. I even lost my rented office space ,cos the landlady went psychotic on rents.
After i resigned from paid employment early 2010,i moved into my media bizness full time. I'm a trained brand innovator and copywriter. I sacked ALL my staff(5 of em) retaining only my PA. We are into advertising; creation/production of tv commercials,radio jingles and newspaper ads. It's a terrible industry cos most big Nigerian companies already have established ad agencies,others prefer to use foreign South African ad agencies. When they give independents like us an opportunity to pitch an ad,they complain that our idea is good but too expensive. But when a white South African team presents a silly ad pitch,to be shot in Cape town,ten times more expensive than ours,the big Nigerian companies jump at it. Thats why most so called quality tv ads aired in nigeria are shot in South Africa or Kenya,they use mainly zimbabwean cast cos their accent is similar to ours. They go a step further to teach them pidgin and clothe them with Nigerian attires just to create a Nigerian setting. Ref: Airtel 'IK' 10/10, Golden Penny, Etisalat, Indomine(mama too good),Blueband, Cowbell and so on.
Luckily,i've landed a decent ad deal with an upcoming food seasoning company,to be honest i only got the break cos the chairman of the coy is my 'towns man'. Positive tribalism i guess!
I love advertising, especially tv ads,i watch many foreign tv stations just to see their ads. But unfortunately 90 percent of tv ads aired on Nigerian tv can be very irritating,the 'descent' ones are SA productions.
I'ld like to change that and make Nigerian tv ads more Nigerian,more creative and more entertaining.
Advertising is a passion driven creative industry,it's also very frustrating for independent agencies like mine and u could go months,even years without a single client. But ONE serious client can change ur life forever,especially if ur Ads affects ur clients turnover positively.
Well,that's my story. Nice thread.

Men, i too watch tv for ad sake, u just copied out my passion on this post, can we exchange contacts, we could work together someday. Check my signature below for email
Re: Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried by jidowu84: 9:59am On Jan 13, 2013
Laila Ikeji: Am nt linda ikeji kiss. Linda is derr already. Much respect!!

you have a very beautiful blog. qudos and more powee to ur elbow. can you pls teach how to become a profesional bloger like you? here is my contact: 08095720484.
i have flare for bloging but i dnt knw hw to go abt it. if you can take on, you hav make my year. hpe to hear frm u soon. thnks sis.
Re: Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried by dwizy(m): 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
temmy2011: bringing very little money to me now sha...

I dont mind any good practicable business idea oooo, as I am still eager having at least 2 sources of income and most especially becoming my own boss.

Very good thread and I have learnt a lot from Ūя̲̅ experience. Since this thread is about experirnces, Can you contact d email in my signature to let U̶̲̥̅̊ into the biz I do presently? Mayb U̶̲̥̅̊ ll be interested.
N.B: I am not gonna ask U̶̲̥̅̊ for any money, infact, I am not selling anyfn to you. You might also request dat I post it here. Just don'ty wanna offend rules.
Re: Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried by instaforexngr(m): 2:22pm On Feb 05, 2013
i was into google adsense since 2009.
Made some good dollars till early last year 2012 when Google eventually banned for reasons best known to them.
The experience and financial inflow was wonderful though while it lasted.
Now, I am a full time forex trader now and representing Instaforex.com
Re: Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried by dearestsewa(f): 3:16pm On May 22, 2013
I am amazed at myself cos dis topic made me realize I ve tried my hands at a number of biz wen all d yl I thought I ddnt av d knack 4sm petty biz. So, yl in sec. sch I made beaded jewelries,belts, bags etc 4sale. At d university, I sold kerosene in bottles (quick, profitable wt gud returns + I dnt av 2buy kero 4use), I also sold photo frames (abt 100% profit bt requires customer persuasion. I regret nt continuing d biz on campus), I then sold eggs in units and offered pepper blending services (bt my blender quick spoil sha). That's it. Nw, I sell wirework jewelleries and do trainings (google Wired Up for my contact).
Re: Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
wow feeling inspired. cool Great thread.
Re: Businesses You Regretted Doing & The Ones You're Glad You Tried by Jaxx123: 1:53pm On May 25, 2021
MAKE $1,000 WITHIN TWO WEEK IN THIS POWERFUL PROGRAM

READ THIS ARTICLE IF YOU HAVE NOT MAKE AT LEAST $1000 ONLINE BECAUSE YOU WILL MAKE IT NOW!

My name is Ajagunna Bukola, having multiple streams of income is no longer an option, but a necessity.

Am inviting you to a proven system that works!

Welcome to The Infinity Processing System.

IPS is a brand new success system that allows you to stop trading time for money with fun and more freedom.

Even as a newbie, its super simple, step by steps guide processes for making commissions that create a life changing income online using highly converting proven template making it super simple to earn 100% commission that can change your financial situations for good directly into your account.

Stop wasting money on shinning objects, collecting tool that doesn’t work.

Start making more money to pay your bills with this proven method of making money from home.

IPS is direct global sales opportunities that only require a smart phone or your laptop.

All you need is an internet for your training anytime, anywhere in the world.
Stop struggling!!!

I know how it feels, have been there, 95% people quit online before getting to their success.

Start earning payments each and every time via proven written ads on social media.

No tech skills needed. Stop cold calling, stop budging of friends and family.

All resources are packed in different levels.

It’s a onetime payment program, no monthly fee, and live webinar with no additional payments.

This system has changed my life and many others that embrace this brand new opportunity.

I NEVER KNOW I CAN BE HERE TODAY.

ALL GLORY TO ALMIGHTY GOD
JOIN US IN THIS BY FOLLOWING THE LINK BELOW

https://limitlessfreedom.me/be-your-own-boss-and-make-money-without-no-limit-copy?fbclid=IwAR1UICNDE8np4ms4AhoqjT462Qt1rCI7ccxWcVWwNQP5PXZVTFuQfnVBvV8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coca-cola Phases Out Returnable Bottles! / CBN Approves $10k Per Week FX Sale To Bdc’s / Startup Funds For Nigerian Entrepreneurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.