Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Orji,speech Of The Official Commissioning Of The Okwoyi-iyienyi Ibeku Rd Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji,speech Of The Official Commissioning Of The Okwoyi-iyienyi Ibeku Rd Project (668 Views)

Aisha Buhari And Toyin At The Commissioning Of Tomato Factory In Lagos (Photos) / Iara Oshiomhole At The Commissioning Of Uju Romi Ultra Modern Market (Pics) / Commissioning Of 4 Nigerian Navy Warships By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Orji,speech Of The Official Commissioning Of The Okwoyi-iyienyi Ibeku Rd Project by emindu: 9:31am On Apr 03, 2012
PROTOCOLS
DISTINGUISHED LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
I am very pleased to be here today, to perform the official commissioning of this Okwoyi-Iyienyi Ibeku road, which is one of the many roads recently completed by our Government.
I promised Abians that in the construction of roads and other infrastructural facilities, our Government will be guided by the simple rule of fairness, equity and justice, as we prudently manage our lean resources.Today, this mantle of benefit, has fallen on the people of Okwoyi and Iyienyi Ibeku, and you have cause to rejoice for your new road.In the choice of constructing this road, our Administration was carefully guided by many considerations. One of such considerations was the need to create a basis for the further development and utilization of the resources, abundant in Okwoyi and Iyienyi. The other reason was to link these two rural communities and their resources to the State capital – Umuahia for their mutual benefits.That is why we did not deviate from finding a good contractor, who can build the solid road with such good drainage we have here, which is even better than what we have in the State capital.This road we commission today, runs through Okwoyi and the neighboring community of Iyienyi, and leads to Ozuitem, Bende town, Uzuakoli, and to Igbere. This makes this road, a useful by-pass to reach these areas, while avoiding the busy Umuahia-Ohafia-Arochukwu road.
An important aspect of this road is that it links up with the agricultural policy drive of our government, with focus on opening up our rural roads for easier evacuation of farm products, which will reach the major towns, with improved pricing and use. Through that, the rural farmers are directly enriched with income growth.
This road serves the State’s major agricultural lands and integrated farming establishments, such as the Songhai Farm in Okwoyi, Agro Centres of excellence, Forestry reserves and the ADP in Ozuitem.As the major sources of timber, palm oil, yam, cocoyam and other valuable crops in the State, the Okwoyi-Iyienyi road provides a rich access for evacuation of resources, and growth of the Abia State economy.There is no better way of fostering the growth and well-being of the inhabitants of these areas, as your people can commute easily to the town to work and trade there, if desired, while still enjoying the serenity of the rural environment. This is why this road is important to me and my Administration. I therefore ask Okwoyi and Iyienyi people not to abandon their farm lands for the city, but to enjoy the benefits that accrue to them from opening up their community to a wider reach.In the next stage of our Government’s road project around this community, we expect to link up Okwoyi- Ukome-Isieke – Ameke, to a joint ring road, which will serve your people better.I ask your people to make good use of the road and other facilities that Government will provide to these communities. In return, we will continue to ask for your supports and prayers.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Landscape And Architectures In Nigeria / Bomb Discovered In Imo Village / Only Justice Can Solve Boko Haram Insurgency, Says Ex-sultan Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.