Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? (14731 Views)

A Nairaland User Called Nobody. / How To Find Nairaland User / What Does Your Birth Month Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by blackboi(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2012
blackboi: Blackboi= gotten from a book i once read, titled "Black Boy" by Richard Write.
The book kind of portray my life as a child and part of my adulthood (even till date).
So u wanna knw about me? Then, read the book cool
@ bolded: sorry my err :-]
this is correct: Richard Wright

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by pendo89(f): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2012
Claus: Claus, short for Colonel Claus Von Stauffenberg the German military officer who led the failed coup and assasination attempt against Hitler and was then executed by firing squad.

Made popular in the 2008 film Valkyrie starring Tom Cruise.

When I first saw this name I thought my boss was on NL.Claus is his name and he is German.
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Okontami: 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2012
My thing is peppering me... My tomtom is paining me. Now the History behind the name: I was on training in a very pervert country and after several rounds of hammering all i could think of is remember home and sorry for my self. Then i had to create that profile as a tribute to my peeled tomtom of that day grin
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by nefertitiram: 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2012
Nefertiti was the wife of Ramses 111, the greatest Pharaoh in egyptian history. She was one of the greatest women in egyptian history alonide cleopatra

Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by pendo89(f): 7:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
Omexonomy: Pendo89 does not mean love. PENDO means i am pleading/begging you

Ok lets go swahili.

Pendo/Upendo means Love
Naomba/Kuomba means Pleading or begging.

I speak fluent swahili.
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Miroslavklose: 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2012
grin
pendo89:

Ok lets go swahili.

Pendo/Upendo means Love
Naomba/Kuomba means Pleading or begging.

I speak fluent swahili.
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Vansnickers: 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2012
"Van" stands for Ruud Van nisterooy(Footballer) , while "Snickers" stands for Snickers Crunch(Chocolate).
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by iviix(m): 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2012
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 03, 2012
Van snickers: "Van" stands for Ruud Van nisterooy(Footballer) , while "Snickers" stands for Snickers Crunch(Chocolate).
Guys don't often admit to liking chocolates, I assume you're a guy. E no bad sha, I also like snickers, it's just that I hardly get to eat it because it is expensive and I have to wait sometimes for mumsy to buy it.
@topic,
When I was registering, I wanted to register as 'felis', but somebody had already taken that name so I doubled the 'l' and used 'fellis' instead.
Felis is the botanical genus name of the domestic cat (Felis catus), but I didn't want to add 'catus' to the name so fellis stuck. Why I used the name itself is because I have a long standing love for cats. I would have gotten a pet cat in uni but my friends would regard me as strange because Nigerians have a misguided belief that cats are evil animals.
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by tribalism(m): 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2012
after studying nairaland for a long while and decided to register, i chose a name that best describe the members.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2012
nefertitiram: Nefertiti was the wife of Ramses 111, the greatest Pharaoh in egyptian history. She was one of the greatest women in egyptian history alonide cleopatra

I like your handle. wink
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by bittyend(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2012
[size=14pt]@Sugardiva

You need breast enlargement - they look like a B-cup.. They are too small in this day and age. lipsrsealed undecided[/size]
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by asoebi(m): 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2012
I wore my first Aso Ebi, the month I opened my Nairaland Account grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by asoebi(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2012
My thing is peppering me... My tomtom is paining me. Now the History behind the name: I was on training in a very pervert country and after several rounds of hammering all i could think of is remember home and sorry for my self. Then i had to create that profile as a tribute to my peeled tomtom of that day

;augh nearly commot one leg of my fan grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by nefertitiram: 8:40pm On Apr 03, 2012
shymmex:

I like your handle. wink

Thanks dear! Just reminding myself everyday to aspire for greatness
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by 04kaa: 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2012
My Nairaland name 04kaa Means ebora merindinlogun of nairaland..wait a minute who are all these new nairalanders hahahahaha
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by eminemkayc: 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2012
A juxtaposition of my nm nd dat of my favoryt emcee. . .
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Kusbaby(f): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2012
Kusbaby- Akudo is my name bt my uncle call me Kus whch i love then baby girl = kusbaby.
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by slimyem: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2012
A-ZeD:

A-ZeD == Az == Azu ==
Azubike Zebudiah? cheesy
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by SNCOQ3(m): 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2012
S[/b]enior [b]N[/b]on-commisioned [b]O[/b]fficers [b]Q[/b]uarter block [b]3 Ikeja Millitary Cantonment.

We move to this building when i was 1 yr old and lived there for 13 years. I remember the place with fond memories.
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by prodam(m): 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2012
PRODAM- Prof. Damilola

It has been in existence since my secondary school days in Ajeromi Ifelodun High School cos of my productive book-worm nature..especially in mathematics..I was a.k.a eye-maths.
then I used my eyes without using pen to solve some maths problem..especially logarithm, simultaneous equation, quadratic and surd.no matter how complex

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by dabrake(m): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2012
iv_i_ix: cool thread....who can tell me what mine means?
roman numerals! IV = 4. I = 1. IX = 9. Therefore iv_i_ix = 419. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Clemzy16(m): 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2012
Mine is Clement meaning merciful or mild.
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Esinwaju: 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2012
Esin Waju(Yoruba) means 'the horse at the front' or 'the fore horse'(whichever one you prefer) and it's idiomatic meaning being a 'role model'(kinda)., someone others(youngsters mostly) look up to and try to emulate/imitate and this applies to me cos whenever I'm in the hood a lot of youngsters flock around me and we spend a lot of time together. So it then happened that whenever one of this youngies misbehaved at home, their mamas make it a duty to report them to me whilst making claims that they perhaps they might be imitating me, a claim they usually back up with a Yoruba adage that says ''ESIN WAJU ni ti eyin ma n wo sare'' meaning that the horse behind(youngster) looks at the horse in front(older person/mentor) and does the same thing and interestingly, my name is OlanreWAJU(progressive wealth) so I just incorporated the Esin waju thingy as a brand name. Sorta.
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by dj5naira(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2012
dj5naira means solution. Music, the solute while money, the solvent : )
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Nickydrake(m): 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2012
dabrake: roman numerals! IV = 4. I = 1. IX = 9. Therefore iv_i_ix = 419. grin grin grin

On point!
grin
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by AZeD1(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2012
slimyem: Azubike Zebudiah? cheesy
smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by AZeD1(m): 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2012
freecocoa: Oh well the original has "cocoa" in it,the "free" is just where they had a problem with pronunciation but you can call me just "cocoa" like they sometimes do at home,but if you really want the full name,you are gonna have to pay me.tongue
Babe I still dey try hustle bride price money you wan add this one join??
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by kwaghe: 10:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
Kwaghe - Latin term for Quagmire.
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by rezzy: 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2012
Thats my native name. It means my beloved
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by NoQualms1(f): 12:18am On Apr 04, 2012
I used to think mine means no problem until recently when I discovered that the dictionary meaning of qualms is doubt.
I just like the name anyway.
No qualms = no problem or no doubt
Re: What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? by Widow(m): 1:12am On Apr 04, 2012
Mine means, well Widowed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Kind Of Tree Are You? / First Nairaland Non-mod Organized Multiple Award!!! voting has started / Why I Prefer Romanceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.