Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? (3002 Views)

Mynd44, Do These Words Mean Anything To YOU / Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? / Does Good Friday Mean Anything To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by DeCleff(m): 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2012
Easter celebration is in remembrance of tie death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which consumated salvation for humanity. But its unfortunate that almost 85% of the world's population are not saved. While we have the seat warmers in church, the muslims, the hindu and pagans etc, with different beliefs. But the truth must be told that Jesus Christ died for everybody and not just for the christains. Therefore its important for everyone to take advantage of this Easter celebration and make it meaningful by accepting the GIFT OF SALVATION THAT JESUS CHRIST MADE AVAILABLE TO ALL MEN. There's no salvation on the judgement day as some religions teaches. God bless you all.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
Means absolutely nothing to me except for the eating of plentiful easter eggs. I don't really care that much for all them imported religious holidays because i believe not in any of them.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by DeCleff(m): 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
Jenwitemi: Means absolutely nothing to me except for the eating of plentiful easter eggs. I don't really care that much for all them imported religious holidays because i believe not in any of them.
believe it or not Jesus died for you and its important you accept this truth today before its too late.

1 Like

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2012
No, Jesus did not die for me because i was never even there to prevent him from doing something that d.u.m.b. And easter is not about Jesus dying. It is an adopted pagan day.
DeCleff: believe it or not Jesus died for you and its important you accept this truth today before its too late.

1 Like

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by fnk: 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2012
It is actually when Jesus Christ was born
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Fhemmmy: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2012
Means everything.
I just imagine, if He never did all He did for me, and what i have done to deserve His love . . . I am Blessed

1 Like

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Dawdy(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2012
Yes, it actually means pagan celebration, which Jesus knew nothing about.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by emsquare(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2012
Jenwitemi: Means absolutely nothing to me except for the eating of plentiful easter eggs. I don't really care that much for all them imported religious holidays because i believe not in any of them.

Well said!
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by sylve11: 4:33pm On Apr 05, 2012
hmmm! lipsrsealed cool this day's fixed by someone that's why i don't get along with it that much, anyway i love Christ! for He is my saviour and redeemer! kiss kiss kiss cool
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by MissyB3(f): 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2012
The reason for the celebration means everything to me.
If He hadn't died and resurrected, . . . words cannot even describe what would have been my fate today.

1 Like

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by jimjones: 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2012
i could give a fc.uk, really. that self-righteous suicide(if the guy existed at all, sef) had absolutely zilch to do with me.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by chikis(m): 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2012
Happy easter to all.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by chikis(m): 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2012
Happy easter to all.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by doctorbabs(m): 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2012
[quote author=DeCleff]Easter celebration is in remembrance of tie death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which consumated salvation for humanity. But its unfortunate that almost 85% of the world's population are not saved. While we have the seat warmers in church, the muslims, the hindu and pagans etc, with different beliefs. But the truth must be told that Jesus Christ died for everybody and not just for the christains. Therefore its important for everyone to take advantage of this Easter celebra. My DEAR POSTER. JESUS DIDNT DIE FOR ANYBODY, ALL CREATED SOULS SHALL TASTE DEAD. QURAN SAID THEY PLAN TO KILL HIM BUT WE LIFTED HIM UP, IT APPEARS TO THEM AS IF IT WAS JESUS THEY CRICIFIED, ALSO BIBLE SAID FATHER SHALL NOT DIE BECAUSE OF HIS CHILDREN SINS, EVERYBODY WILL DIE FOR HIS OWN SIN. JESUS ALSO SAID IN THE BOOK OF MATHEW THAT I WAS ONLY SENT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISREAL. YOU CAN NEVA FIND THE WORD EASTER IN THE BIBLE BUT BEEN IMPOSED ON US BY D ROMANS. GOD KNOWS BEST.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Rgp92: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2012
Nope.Got nothing to do with west Africa.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2012
Had it not been for my extreme flatulence tendencies after consuming eggs, I woulda taken advantage of Shoprite's special sales on eggs tomorrow!
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by GboyegaD(m): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2012
It means everyting to me because it reminds me of the love of God towards man to redeem us back to him and give us the hope of everlasting life.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Tnot(m): 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
Nothing
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by DeCleff(m): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2012
Thanks to all NLs who has expressed their faith in the Master. But for those whose didn't accept or believe in the glorious exchange which Jesur Christ did in the favour of humanity, i pray that a special grace be released from the Throne Room for you all. That your hearts be opened and that the glorious light might shine into your hearts; that the Spirit of God may grant you the ability to comprehend and accept all that Jesus Christ did for you all. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by kombats: 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2012
Jenwitemi: No, Jesus did not die for me because i was never even there to prevent him from doing something that d.u.m.b. And easter is not about Jesus dying. It is an adopted pagan day.
true talk
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Timmi: 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2012
But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

1 Like

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Blackbody20(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2012
Personally, it has a lot of meaning to me
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by sexyverah(f): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2012
it means somethin to everyone...
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by ignis: 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2012
Duh! May God forgive you. Easter is the best thing that has happened to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by omoghana22: 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2012
if they ask you to celebrate Eyo, you will say is paganism...Africa, we will continue to suffer until we live all this western festive and culture. Easter is pure Israelis ancestral culture and we are here given holidays to celebrate it....our ancestors are watching us. and they are not happy.

1 Like

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Jerryjat(m): 11:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
DeCleff: Easter celebration is in remembrance of tie death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which consumated salvation for humanity. But its unfortunate that almost 85% of the world's population are not saved. While we have the seat warmers in church, the muslims, the hindu and pagans etc, with different beliefs. But the truth must be told that Jesus Christ died for everybody and not just for the christains. Therefore its important for everyone to take advantage of this Easter celebration and make it meaningful by accepting the GIFT OF SALVATION THAT JESUS CHRIST MADE AVAILABLE TO ALL MEN. There's no salvation on the judgement day as some religions teaches. God bless you all.
yeah, dat 2ure, i hope they learn 4rm u...
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Jerryjat(m): 11:02pm On Apr 05, 2012
ignis:
Duh! May God forgive you. Easter is the best thing that has happened to humanity.
tank u sire...
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by JoeMosco(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2012
jim jones: i could give a fc.uk, really. that self-righteous suicide(if the guy existed at all, sef) had absolutely zilch to do with me.
To you & everyother person who does not believe in God, please pause a while and think of how u came to earth...... Christ's death saved me and you.... So brothers, come out of that "fear" and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.... Happy easter to ya all

1 Like

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Callotti: 5:09am On Apr 06, 2012
Never did. . . Never will. kiss
Dun really givva damn wharritis.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Immanuelar(m): 7:16am On Apr 06, 2012
Like it or not..Jesus is Lord.He is my saviour..He died for my sin nd gave me evalasting joy..He is the only one to be praised..He conquered death.

1 Like

Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 06, 2012
The crucifixion story of Jesus Christ is mythical, based on pagan religions and makes no sense. There is a complete absence of evidence for the events described, no authors mention the phenomenal events that supposedly occurred at the time of Jesus' resurrection and there are no records of Jesus being crucified in the first place. This is despite there being multiple historians of the time who kept extensive records of events in that era especially of unusual events and the misdeeds of rulers.
The only records we have are those written by Christians themselves, the Gospels. And within each of those gospels nearly all details of the crucifixion and resurrection are different. Very important details such as Jesus' last words are so different that it appears they are simply being made up by the authors. The earliest Christians did not know simple details such as where Jesus was buried.
Most the details of Jesus' death and rebirth are similar to the existing myths surrounding god-men in that era. The similarities to the Christs of other pagan religions are shockingly detailed,
in conclusion, the stories of Jesus were simply pagan stories with new names.
Re: Does This Easter Mean Anything To You? by Ayoobscom(m): 8:27am On Apr 06, 2012
It means another falsification

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Satan Work For God? / Am atheist Have A Dream / Atheists ! You Are Going To Hell !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.