Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? (10055 Views)

Buhari: Worst Case Scenario Election Result / Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 / The Worst case of Child Abuse in the UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by odumchi: 5:30am On Apr 05, 2012
There is an Igbo proverb that goes, "The man who leaves no provisions for the rain will eventually get wet". This has made me think slot about the current situation of things in Nigeria and especially regarding the Igbo people. I've noticed that all around the buzz is "Igbo 2015" while some say "GEJ 2015" and others "North West 2015" and I've come to realize that unless provisions are made, the upcoming election will be surprising.

It's not that I don't believe that an Igboman cannot occupy the presidency come then, off course surely I do! Rather what it is is that I would like for us to try to forecast our future and see ourselves and our position a few years down the road.

Let's say that come 2015, a non-Igbo man is illegitimately elected president, what then? Will we then begin shouting "South-East 2019"? Please respond, I would like to hear the clean opinions and thoughts of other Igbos and Nigerians alike.

Igbo, kee ihe anyi ga eme oburu na anyi doro oche presidenti na afo 2015 n'emerigi?

1 Like

Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Nobody: 5:43am On Apr 05, 2012
it's Nigeria - nothing will happen. Nigerians shout the loudest but can't walk the walk. The average Nigerian loves life and money too much to care about politics. Everyone will shout and come back to NL to continue their usual tribal e-wars, and dream about their different pseudo-republics for year 2000 and what the phuck.. lipsrsealed
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Nobody: 5:53am On Apr 05, 2012
As an igbo, I will be happy to see an igbo president infact it will go a long way to heal
my dad feelings that igbos have been hated and neglected cos of the war but left for me I wouldn't mind
If a bokoharam/an hausa man that slaughter my brothers be a president provided he/she do his/her
Job for the benefit of me and nigerians at large. Pls this is my personal opinion.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by CaptBarbosa: 6:36am On Apr 05, 2012
There is no VACANCY in aso rock! Stop wasting your time and energy.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Yeske2(m): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2012
Toaskarity: As an igbo, I will be happy to see an igbo president infact it will go a long way to heal
my dad feelings that igbos have been hated and neglected cos of the war but left for me I wouldn't mind
If a bokoharam/an hausa man that slaughter my brothers be a president provided he/she do his/her
Job for the benefit of me and nigerians at large. Pls this is my personal opinion.
Straight on point.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by noiseless: 9:34am On Apr 05, 2012
I think power should remain with gej until 2019,he has a right to a second term and should be supported by everyone.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Demdem(m): 9:47am On Apr 05, 2012
here we go again with Igbo presidency. What has happened to AZIKWE ebele retarden jonathan?
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by neyostica: 10:09am On Apr 05, 2012
noiseless: I think power should remain with gej until 2019,he has a right to a second term and should be supported by everyone.
You want nigeria to remain redundant till 2019 You wicked o

1 Like

Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by 1virus(m): 12:08pm On Apr 05, 2012
as an igbo man, i dont think there is eny igbo politician who merit that seat. 4 me i dont mind what tribe d president is. All i want is good governance.

1 Like

Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by jason123: 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2012
I am not an Igbo man, but I very much support my Eastern brothers on this. Like Northerners, Southerners are also going to give an account of what they did during their years of leadership. So far, I have seen just a little in terms of achievements. We southerners can act all primitive and say "my ethnic group is next" or we can unite and choose the best man for the job.

As far as I am concerned and am very sure the average Nigerian, give us Fashola, Amechi, Chime, Rochas and every thing is fine. We need to leave pettiness. Its time to grow up!
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Beaf1: 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2012
There will be nothing like "Worst Case Scenario" my friend stop dreaming.

Election will be conducted and a winner will be announced. It is confirmed all southeast people have only a fish brain e.g. GEJ. We need people with high IQ to lead us tongue
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by PointB: 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2012
If Nigeria continues to exists, it is natural that at certain point in her history an Igboman will certainly be elected president. Currently within the SE Zone, people like Soludu, Chime, and Rochas, are capable of articulating policies and pursuing course of actions that can propel Nigeria forward.

If SE fails to produce the president in 2015 in a manner that is clearly transparent and fair, fair enough. We will go back to the drawing board and restrategise. If however every indicator points to unfairness and deliberate conspiracy to undermine Igbos, then Nigeria will have a case to answer. Frankly speaking, Nigeria is better off not deliberately asking for the Igboman's trouble.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2012
odumchi: There is an Igbo proverb that goes, "The man who leaves no provisions for the rain will eventually get wet". This has made me think slot about the current situation of things in Nigeria and especially regarding the Igbo people. I've noticed that all around the buzz is "Igbo 2015" while some say "GEJ 2015" and others "North West 2015" and I've come to realize that unless provisions are made, the upcoming election will be surprising.

It's not that I don't believe that an Igboman cannot occupy the presidency come then, off course surely I do! Rather what it is is that I would like for us to try to forecast our future and see ourselves and our position a few years down the road.

Let's say that come 2015, a non-Igbo man is illegitimately elected president, what then? Will we then begin shouting "South-East 2019"? Please respond, I would like to hear the clean opinions and thoughts of other Igbos and Nigerians alike.

Igbo, kee ihe anyi ga eme oburu na anyi doro oche presidenti na afo 2015 n'emerigi?

I thought that ancient practice called rotation was dead in Nigeria?
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Afam4eva(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2012
1virus: as an igbo man, i dont think there is eny igbo politician who merit that seat. 4 me i dont mind what tribe d president is. All i want is good governance.

I was going to create a new thread to tackle this kind of mindset. I've heard several Igbos share this line of argument and i want to understand what people mean by "Igbos are not ready" putting into considering that Igbos have produced the brightest technocrats in the history of Nigeria.

@OP
If an Igbo man does not emerge in 2015 or even 2019, nothing will happen. Things will just continue like normal. We expect Igbo leaders to come out every 4-years for another "Igbo presidency" drama and will not even work to achieve it because there palms are still being greased by those in power who will stop at nothing to make sure Igbos never govern this country. If the ruling party decides to field an Igbo candidate at the end of the day, just expect the worse president that Nigerian will ever have. Don't be surprised if they field Theo orji as the Igbo candidate. So, it's better an Igbo president does not come from PDP.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by OAM4J: 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2012
Worst Case Scenario:

The North will want it back in 2015, and if they get it, they will want to hold on to power for 2 terms so SE might only get it in 2023.

If GEJ remains in office after 2015, the probability of SE getting it in 2019 is very slim, It will most likely go back to the North and with the North using 2 terms, chances of SE getting the presidency will be 2027

Either way its not looking good for SE... So the best option for SE is to get it in 2015 else. . .
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by EkoIle1: 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2012
Why bother? Gt it out of your head, ibo in Aso Rock is not happening. never ever.

You need the north and sw to get you there, but we all know the north is now down with anything ibo talk less in Aso Rock with your hate and petty jealousy Yoruba ain't down for you either...

Even showing your hands with GEJ and your crooked votes didn't help.

Y'all are fcukkkeedd..

1 Like

Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2012
Is Goodluck EBELE AZIKWE Jonathan not Ibo?
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Desola(f): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2012
Eko Ile: Why bother? Gt it out of your head, ibo in Aso Rock is not happening. never ever.

You need the north and sw to get you there, but we all know the north is now down with anything ibo talk less in Aso Rock with your hate and petty jealousy Yoruba ain't down for you either...

Y'all are fcukkkeedd..

Eko wenjele! o buru sha!!

1 Like

Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by noiseless: 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2012
Anyone saying the igbos are not ready yet for the presidency is just getting confused by the way some of the igbo governors from AMAECHI/IMOKE to ORJI/OBI play their current politics,which is lack of inclusiveness, and capitalizing on that situation for just their political interest without seeing the big picture that the inclusive politics will bring the much needed opportunity easier than the orderwise. Anyway if GEJ doesnt show interest come 2015 which i will like him to stay and complete his second term despite what the enemy is cooking, unless he decided not continue, then we have very good men like EBITU UKIWE whom we all know that he can never be bought with money, as some of us can remember the way he conducted himself honourablly when DELE GIWA was murdered in cold blood and the back yard entrance or illegally traficking the country into membership of the ISLAMIC ORGANIZATION CONFERENCE. We also have men like PAT UTOMI and SOLUDO but we dont need to put GEJ under pressure, my homble opinion by the way.

1 Like

Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by odumchi: 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2012
kingoflag:

I thought that ancient practice called rotation was dead in Nigeria?

Zoning was really a PDP thing until GEJ broke the cycle. PDP itself was created as a 'party meant to unite Nigeria'. However, its obvious that the nation's major political/ethnic voting blocks have mostly defected to their own parties (Yoruba:ACN, Igbo:AGPA, Hausa:CPC). The crux of the matter is that it's time for the East to flex its own political muscle.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by odumchi: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2012
afam4eva:

I was going to create a new thread to tackle this kind of mindset. I've heard several Igbos share this line of argument and i want to understand what people mean by "Igbos are not ready" putting into considering that Igbos have produced the brightest technocrats in the history of Nigeria.

@OP
If an Igbo man does not emerge in 2015 or even 2019, nothing will happen. Things will just continue like normal. We expect Igbo leaders to come out every 4-years for another "Igbo presidency" drama and will not even work to achieve it because there palms are still being greased by those in power who will stop at nothing to make sure Igbos never govern this country. If the ruling party decides to field an Igbo candidate at the end of the day, just expect the worse president that Nigerian will ever have. Don't be surprised if they field Theo orji as the Igbo candidate. So, it's better an Igbo president does not come from PDP.

I reluctantly accept the fact that you're speaking the truth. What we need to do is empower our leaders and support them on their political journey. I would prefer that an Igbo president doesnt come from PDP also. Hopefully in the time bewteen now and then, Igboland will be united underr the AGPA flag.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by odumchi: 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2012
Eko Ile: Why bother? Gt it out of your head, ibo in Aso Rock is not happening. never ever.

Y'all are fcukkkeedd..

Lol, why do I even bother?
Anyway, I think you should be more concerned with regaining numerical superiority in Lagos rather than bearing my people's headache.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by odumchi: 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2012
OAM4J: Worst Case Scenario:

The North will want it back in 2015, and if they get it, they will want to hold on to power for 2 terms so SE might only get it in 2023.

If GEJ remains in office after 2015, the probability of SE getting it in 2019 is very slim, It will most likely go back to the North and with the North using 2 terms, chances of SE getting the presidency will be 2027

Either way its not looking good for SE... So the best option for SE is to get it in 2015 else. . .

You're right my brother. 2015 is our best chance and all preparations must be made for then else we will find ourselves in the same situation.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Afam4eva(m): 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
odumchi:

You're right my brother. 2015 is our best chance and all preparations must be made for then else we will find ourselves in the same situation.

The same way 2003, 2007 and 2011 were our best chance. Nothing points to the fact that an Igbo person will mount that leadership position except for the benevolence of Goodluck Jonathan who like other past presidents will want a second term. It will be suprising for him not to run for a second term and we all know he will win whether by hook or crook.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by odumchi: 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2012
The turth is that the ball is in our park and our future is in our hands. The most important thing that we, as a people, need to do is to unite under the flag of a single party and decide who to support when the time comes. II've drafted out a list of sub-goals that will help us reach our main goal:

-Creation of 6th South-East (Anioma).
-Union of South-eastern and South-Southern Igboland under a single party.
-Recongition of various ambitious presidential-candidates.
-The Spread of our political system into other states.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Onlytruth(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2012
Okay, here is my take.

I believe that our destiny remains firmly in our hands, if we understand that fact. What I've seen so far is that the Igbo mindset needs a little shake up to wake us up to the reality of life in Nigeria, and to force us to think in ways that enhance our survival as Ndigbo in Nigeria.
So far on this thread, I already see some Igbo making irresponsible statements as if they are in a civilized country: "oh I don't care who emerges president, provided blah this blah that". Like duh! undecided
How many years have we lived by this mindset, and what has it fetched us in Nigeria? Take a careful look at Nigeria, the SE is by far the most marginalized zone in Nigeria; and this is a zone that is the heartbeat of the Nigerian nation. Why then are our federal roads and other federal projects neglected?
As a major tribe in Nigeria, why do we have the least representation at the federal level owing to being the only zone with 5 states in Nigeria? All these happened in the period between 1967 and today - a whopping 45 years! In that period there have been 11 Nigerian presidents! Yet none of them have treated us fairly comparative to other zones. Jonathan has been in office for about one year, so I would wait till December this year to judge him. cool

So, hear me loud and clear, going by Nigeria's past, IT IS HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE FOR ANY IGBO TO SAY THAT HE DOES NOT CARE WHETHER WE PRODUCE A PRESIDENT OR NOT OR WHERE THE NEXT PRESIDENT WOULD COME FROM (I used to think like that, but I have since dropped that mindset too). Please quote me on that.

Now on this topic,

I believe that Jonathan promised not to contest the 2015 elections. So, in that scenario, the only thing we can do now is to rally round ONE party as Ndigbo. We are arguably the single biggest tribe in Nigeria; and by Ndigbo I mean ALL IGBO from SE and SS. We should coalesce round one party by at least 90%. We can remain in other parties in little numbers. And the time for the groundwork that leads to that is NOW. I don't like PDP mainly because the party has not demonstrated enough care for Igbo interests in Nigeria. Once we dominate one party, we can then use our BLOCK VOTE which we demonstrated with Jonathans election, to put forward our own candidate and pick a VP from another block voting zone in Nigeria. We can get it based on these, irrespective of what the occupant of Aso rock wants. I personally do not believe that Nigerian elections would be getting worse. I believe the courts have demonstrated that they can rise to the occasion in recent times. So, I predict that soon, a president would emerge irrespective of Aso rock support. So, we need to give it a shot in 2015. If we fail, we try again with refined strategy in 2019. I believe that we will get it.
This is what we need to do.
Our destiny is in our hands!

Here I stand!

Yours truly

Onlytruth, Ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by odumchi: 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2012
afam4eva:

The same way 2003, 2007 and 2011 were our best chance. Nothing points to the fact that an Igbo person will mount that leadership position except for the benevolence of Goodluck Jonathan who like other past presidents will want a second term. It will be suprising for him not to run for a second term and we all know he will win whether by hook or crook.

The PDP agreement of '99 awarded 2 terms to the SW and in 2007, OBJ 'dashed' the presidency to his puppet Yar'Adua. With Yar'Adua's death, that cycle was broken and Goodluck took the presidency. He ran in 2011 and we Igbos (and Easterners) supported him. However, when we run in 2015, he must accept and understand his obligation to the Igbos and the East in general.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2012
Onlytruth: Okay, here is my take.

I believe that our destiny remains firmly in our hands, if we understand that fact. What I've seen so far is that the Igbo mindset needs a little shake up to wake us up to the reality of life in Nigeria, and to force us to think in ways that enhance our survival as Ndigbo in Nigeria.
So far on this thread, I already see some Igbo making irresponsible statements as if they are in a civilized country: "oh I don't care who emerges president, provided blah this blah that". Like duh! undecided
How many years have we lived by this mindset, and what has it fetched us in Nigeria? Take a careful look at Nigeria, the SE is by far the most marginalized zone in Nigeria; and this is a zone that is the heartbeat of the Nigerian nation. Why then are our federal roads and other federal projects neglected?
As a major tribe in Nigeria, why do we have the least representation at the federal level owing to being the only zone with 5 states in Nigeria? All these happened in the period between 1967 and today - a whopping 45 years! In that period there have been 11 Nigerian presidents! Yet none of them have treated us fairly comparative to other zones. Jonathan has been in office for about one year, so I would wait till December this year to judge him. cool

So, hear me loud and clear, going by Nigeria's past, IT IS HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE FOR ANY IGBO TO SAY THAT HE DOES NOT CARE WHETHER WE PRODUCE A PRESIDENT OR NOT OR WHERE THE NEXT PRESIDENT WOULD COME FROM (I used to think like that, but I have since dropped that mindset too). Please quote me on that.

Now on this topic,

I believe that Jonathan promised not to contest the 2015 elections. So, in that scenario, the only thing we can do now is to rally round ONE party as Ndigbo. We are arguably the single biggest tribe in Nigeria; and by Ndigbo I mean ALL IGBO from SE and SS. We should coalesce round one party by at least 90%. We can remain in other parties in little numbers. And the time for the groundwork that leads to that is NOW. I don't like PDP mainly because the party has not demonstrated enough care for Igbo interests in Nigeria. Once we dominate one party, we can then use our BLOCK VOTE which we demonstrated with Jonathans election, to put forward our own candidate and pick a VP from another block voting zone in Nigeria. We can get it based on these, irrespective of what the occupant of Aso rock wants. I personally do not believe that Nigerian elections would be getting worse. I believe the courts have demonstrated that they can rise to the occasion in recent times. So, I predict that soon, a president would emerge irrespective of Aso rock support. So, we need to give it a shot in 2015. If we fail, we try again with refined strategy in 2019. I believe that we will get it.

Here I stand!

Yours truly

LMAO.

I'm sure you know you're a clown.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by odumchi: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2012
Onlytruth: Okay, here is my take.

Now on this topic,

Here I stand!

Yours truly

O bu ka osi eme.
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by freesoul3(f): 8:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
kingoflag:

LMAO.

I'm sure you know you're a clown.

who is this drooling ya-ri-ba heediot kingofretards?
you need a shinning hot slug in ya inbred forehead! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by freesoul3(f): 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2012
@Op don't worry we will get there
nobody can stop us if we want cool
Re: Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? by bittyend(m): 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2012
Bunch of clowns!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Conflicting Judgments: Sheriff Petitions CJN, Buhari / Senators-elect Push For 2011 Rules To Pick Presiding Officers / Sola Yomi-Ajayi Appointed To USA EXIM’s Africa Advisory Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.