Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Sharia: Amputee Seeks N20,000 To Revive Chicken Trade........... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia: Amputee Seeks N20,000 To Revive Chicken Trade........... (667 Views)

‘Prayer Man’ Tries To Revive Abubakar Audu, Confusion In Kogi / No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / Amputee Joins Buhari Trekkers, Set Out To Abuja From Kaduna Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia: Amputee Seeks N20,000 To Revive Chicken Trade........... by Dainfamous: 2:42am On Apr 06, 2012
Gusau—The second and last person so far to be amputated for stealing under the Islamic legal system in Zamfara State, Mallam Lawali Isa, has said he needs N20,000 to start his chicken-selling business.

Isa, who was amputated 11 years ago, on May 3, 2001, at Gumi General Hospital, Zamfara State, during the adminstration of Senator Sani Yerima, was spoted at a local market in Gumi where he spoke to Vanguard.

He admitted that although he stole three sets of bicycles from a shop in the state, his amputation was political.

He said: ‘’At that time, the then governor, Alhaji Sani Yerima, introduced Sharia, and all of us agreed to its implementation. They preached that whoever stole would have his hand amputated.

’’Unfortunately for me, I became a victim having stolen sets of brand new bicycles. I was arrested and arraigned at the Sharia Court after investigation.

”But, at the Gusau Prison, where I was kept in custody before the amputation, human rights groups were always visiting and fighting that I should not be amputated.

’’They told me they will stand by me and that I should resist the amputation. I was equally under pressure from the then Zamfara State Commissioner for Religious Affairs, Alhaji Ibrahim Wakala, now the state Deputy Governor and Malam Aliyu Sani Jangebe, the then head of the anti-corruption commission.

‘’They all preached to me when they visited, after the human rights group had left and told me I should accept the will of Allah if I know that I am a true Muslim.

They quoted some verses from the Holy Koran and tried to convince me on why I had to be amputated and concluded by saying, however, I was free to follow whoever I liked if I would not listen to them. By that time, I had never set my eyes on the person called Governor Yerima.

‘’Yes, I broke into somebody’s shop and took some bicycles. It was nine units of bicycles packed three sets of three packets. I had successfully sold two sets; it was in the process of selling the last set that I was apprehended”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/sharia-amputee-seeks-n20000-to-revive-chicken-trade/
Re: Sharia: Amputee Seeks N20,000 To Revive Chicken Trade........... by Ejine(m): 3:00am On Apr 06, 2012
And these are the people a poster opened a thread about, asking if they could ever advance.
Re: Sharia: Amputee Seeks N20,000 To Revive Chicken Trade........... by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 06, 2012
There have been only two victims? So, they decided to cut off a man's limb for political reasons. How cruel.
Only two 'criminals' have been convicted in over 10 years?
Re: Sharia: Amputee Seeks N20,000 To Revive Chicken Trade........... by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 06, 2012
Some of those who preached to that guy could give that dam.ned 20k, if they know they are true Muslims, so that he can go and sin no more!
Re: Sharia: Amputee Seeks N20,000 To Revive Chicken Trade........... by udezue(m): 7:02am On Apr 07, 2012
He admitted that he supported the introduction of Sharia so why is now complaining? He should have his head cut off sef. He doesn't deserve a penny. Its Sharia law so let him lick his wounds.

(1) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Cried Out / State Of The Nation / Take Azazi’s Comment On Insecurity Serious,dr. Onu Tells Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.