Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin (5284 Views)

Why Most Girls Like Pretending To Guys / How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 7:47am On Apr 06, 2012
In this early stages of two of my past relationships my exes proclaimed that they can't speak pidgin english, only for me to find out later say them sabi the thing die pass my humble self. One of them na even waffi girl o imagine.
Aside that most times when you meet girls and speak pidgin to them they look at you like they need the english translation.
So my question is that is the whole thing part of the pretentiousness of girls that is the forming? Do they really think it somehow elevates their status that they can't speak pidgin? As if i care whether my girl can or cannot speak english sef. Nigerian girls over to una o
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by kelz88(f): 6:42pm On Apr 06, 2012
Unnecessary forming. I go speak am till I kpai.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by tasandra: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
Abeg nothin fit take my pigin english away.... grin ;Ddem no born english well,to take am 4rm me. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2012
kelz88: Unnecessary forming. I go speak am till I kpai.
tasandra: Abeg nothin fit take my pigin english away.... grin ;Ddem no born english well,to take am 4rm me. grin
Kelz and Tasandra are real nigerian girls. i no fit talk the same for the rest of una sha
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by lepasharon(f): 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2012
because pidgin is seen as uneducated
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Killz1(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2012
lepasharon: because pidgin is seen as uneducated
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
lepasharon: because pidgin is seen as uneducated
by the ignorant, abi? but if i dey sure say i fit speak good english then i should speak pidgin with pride. it could even be a surprise factor sometimes when people assume you are uneducated because of your pidgin and they now hear you hammering queen's english. You go even earn more respect sef.
I think some gals think it makes them look like ajebu when they say they cant speak pidgin. na for village them born all of us so just stop all the forming already.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2012
Killz.:

you don enter marking mode abi?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 07, 2012
really?? they do i thought everybody liked to brag about how fluent they are in pidgin even if they suck, because they think it's cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Goldieluks: 7:57am On Apr 07, 2012
As a realest chick. I love my pidgin, nothing to form about there.
When it comes to pidgin,I dey there. And when it comes to speaking english, ding me! cheesy

That na why I like idowu, but only say she dey smoke shayo join her jungle slangs.
grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by PurerareGold: 10:31am On Apr 07, 2012
For some its not pretense.some grow up in houses aπϑ go †☺ schools where english is spoken. They usually learn it in the university. I hardly speak pidgin because my friends says it doesn't sound right but I can speak pidgin 'fluently' especially when situations warrant.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2012
Goldieluks: As a realest chick. I love my pidgin, nothing to form about there.
When it comes to pidgin,I dey there. And when it comes to speaking english, ding me! cheesy

That na why I like idowu, but only say she dey smoke shayo join her jungle slangs.
grin cheesy
goldieluks is the REAL DEAL. i dey gbadun you o but your shakara stil too much sha. i don give you invitation since five years ago you never still come. anyway the door is still open sha
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2012
PurerareGold: For some its not pretense.some grow up in houses α̲̅πϑ go †☺ schools where english is spoken. They usually learn it in the university. I hardly speak pidgin because my friends says it doesn't sound right but I can speak pidgin 'fluently' especially when situations warrant.
yeah i know. i have a frien like that. he cant speak pidgin even if you point a gun at him. but that is usually one in a few thousand. most of these girls na plain pretense
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Idowuogbo(f): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2012
Goldieluks: As a realest chick. I love my pidgin, nothing to form about there.

grin cheesy
See dis opeke wiv wagon belle, i no u wan to do me do me , oya ask my daddy emi Badosky mo badttt gan! grin

@op

Bros na inside zanga we dey highly,forget forming we dey ring

Nothing does we!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:
See dis opeke wiv wagon belle, i no u wan to do me do me , oya ask my daddy emi Badosky mo badttt gan! grin

@op

Bros na inside zanga we dey highly,forget forming we dey ring

Nothing does we!
this your level pass my pawa. e be like say you get first class for pidgin as i dey see your post them. you fit dey help us break it down for us small? thans in advance
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Idowuogbo(f): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
Kevin_II:
this your level pass my pawa. e be like say you get first class for pidgin as i dey see your post them. you fit dey help us break it down for us small? thans in advance
Hahahaha!

My own standards na die.

If u ain't garrit, u aint garrit. tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Hahahaha!

My own standards na die.

If u ain't garrit, u aint garrit. tongue grin
no worry i go learn am. i be street boy and we no dey carry last
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by slimyem: 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2012
i dont speak pidgin except I'm talking unserious,buying something or talking to someone who doesnt understand english.
I'd speak my english and yoruba first before i remember pidgin!
Call it whatever you like...its not forming!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Idowuogbo(f): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2012
Kevin_II:
no worry i go learn am. i be street boy and we no dey carry last
I fit school you but u go buy me schnapps

Deal no deal?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Idowuogbo(f): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2012
slimyem: i dont speak pidgin except I'm talking unserious,buying something or talking to someone who doesnt understand english.
Sharrap!!!!!!

Y u dey type with attitude? We no send ur panla if u speak am or not

Maga! grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by DeBlunt: 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
pidgin is so vital over here cos i use it as a coded slang with my 9ja boiz and to confuse my ever curious babe wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by slimyem: 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Sharrap!!!!!!

Y u dey type with attitude? We no send ur panla if u speak am or not

Maga! grin
why your body dey hot?
Dm collect your bread ni?cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nonsense!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:
I fit school you but u go buy me schnapps

Deal no deal?
come to my bedroom and teach me then i will show you something for the payment after that we go drink moet, shinapps and champane. am waiting
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Idowuogbo(f): 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2012
Kevin_II:
come to my bedroom and teach me then i will show you something for the payment after that we go drink moet, shinapps and champane. am waiting
Excuse me!

Na raw meat dem feed give u wen u b pikin? I resemble runs gal ni?

Mstewwwww!!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2012
slimyem: i dont speak pidgin except I'm talking unserious,buying something or talking to someone who doesnt understand english.
maybe it is not but just dont squeeze your nose when a guy talks to you in pidgin like some girls do. its irritating and then they will lie that they cannot speak pidgin wen for their house na pidgin them dey use talk.
i remember the first time one of my ex girlfriends dey receive call from her sister for my presense. person wey don tell me before say she no sabi speak pidgin o. she begin speak in english because of wetin she tell me before but the thing no flow with her sister, before you know she change mouth begin hala waffi. na so omo boy just dey look am with surprise. ii tire for some people sha. if you no be ajebu you no fit buy am for market
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Excuse me!

Na raw meat dem feed give u wen u b pikin? I resemble runs gal ni?

Mstewwwww!!!!
why your blood dey hot now. is just an invitation
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 4:16pm On Apr 09, 2012
mods how can you allow my topic to get to page 3. haba that is not what we agreed now
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Chimezie198(m): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2012
sharrrap u there bingO!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Idowuogbo(f): 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2012
Chimezie198: sharrrap u there bingO!
Offer am biscuit bone na, u no see say na hunger dey wory am grin[i][/i]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by KevinII(m): 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2012
Chimezie198: sharrrap u there bingO!

chimezie if you like that gal tell me i have her number. i can give it to you free of charge but she has bone in her yansh o let me just warn you first
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Chimezie198(m): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Offer am biscuit bone na, u no see say na hunger dey wory am grin[i][/i]
Nna odikwa serious oO! Wetin dat girl dey evn feel lyk sef
if beta pple talk, even dat abokii girl wey mallam divorce go follow talk kwa
ha!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Like Pretending They Can't Speak Pidgin by Chimezie198(m): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2012
Kevin_II:

chimezie if you like that gal tell me i have her number. i can give it to you free of charge but she has bone in her yansh o let me just warn you first
Before any deal, make she go see dentist first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Enjoy Being Single? / I Saw Her unclothedness, Can I Approach Her? by man of list / Need Some Advice (from Someone In Pains)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.