Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment (1288 Views)

Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai / Hear What Pope Francis Tells Buhari,other World Leaders / Ten Lies The Church Tells Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by ITL: 11:49am On Apr 06, 2012
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16117269

Liz Lane, Sky News reporter
At least six people have died in Britain after being told they had been healed of HIV and could stop taking their medication, Sky News has discovered.

There is evidence evangelical churches in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow are claiming to cure HIV through God.

Sky sent three undercover reporters to the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), which is based in Southwark, south London.

All of them told the pastors they were HIV positive - all were told they could be healed.
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by mkmyers45(m): 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2012
I laugh in CD4-Count Test tongue
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by logicboy: 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2012
Sad, just sad.

Christians ignore the problems of the real world for their spiritual one which doesnt exist
https://www.nairaland.com/908720/where-god-everyday-lives
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by princechiboy: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
Nawa ooo... This is ignorance at its peak.... Even if you are told that you are healed... Common sense will tell you that you need to be re-tested
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by okpurukata(f): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
This was how we lost a colleague at the office. She has been taking her Anti retroviral drugs for years until she met this new pastor who told her she should drop the drugs and be healed. She was told it was a satanic attack from her uncle in the village. She complied faithfully and died shortly after wards. The wicked pastor who was meanwhile milking her dry was blamed by the entire family.
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by Joagbaje(m): 7:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
It's possible to tell them to stop if their healing is confirmed . There are people that have been prayed for and symptoms stopped and when they went for HIV test they tested negative , it will be wrong and unbelieving to continue such drugs . It can kill their faith

1 Like

Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by EvilBrain1(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
Joagbaje: It's possible to tell them to stop if their healing is confirmed . There are people that have been prayed for and symptoms stopped and when they went for HIV test they tested negative , it will be wrong and unbelieving to continue such drugs . It can kill their faith

I'll give you $1billion if you can show me a single credible, verified case of someone being cured of HIV by prayers.

The two or so people that have ever been cured of HIV have all made international news and none of their cases ever involved pastors, prayers or any such thing. You Christians are just making up lies and fake miracles to deceive yourselves and others.

Your fraudulent teachings are getting innocent people killed. If you guys had any decency at all, you would stick to your prosperity scam and stop talking about serious public health issues like HIV.
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by Joagbaje(m): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
Evil Brain:
The two or so people that have ever been cured of HIV have all made international news and none of their cases ever involved pastors, prayers or any such thing. You Christians are just making up lies and fake miracles to deceive yourselves and others.

Your fraudulent teachings are getting innocent people killed. If you guys had any decency at all, you would stick to your prosperity scam and stop talking about serious public health issues like HIV.

If you are a sincere seeker of truth , im glad to inform you that I have cases of hiv that was cured when I prayed for them. Another one cure himself by the word of God.when he got diagnosed ,he refused to accept it. And got tapes on healing to listen to. Then he prayed , I think he fell down or so. He got healed , he went for test and he was negative .

I'll give you $1billion if you can show me a single credible, verified case of someone being cured of HIV by prayers.

Keep the money ,besides you don't have it.

1 Like

Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by EvilBrain1(m): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
@Joagbaje

Right, and we're all supposed to take your word for it abi? Big, bold claims and not a shred of evidence. Typical of a Christian büllshît artist. So pardon me for not believing you.

Keep telling lies and being a nuisance to the human race. Other than people like me, nobody is going to judge you.
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

If you are a sincere seeker of truth , im glad to inform you that I have cases of hiv that was cured when I prayed for them. Another one cure himself by the word of God.when he got diagnosed ,he refused to accept it. And got tapes on healing to listen to. Then he prayed , I think he fell down or so. He got healed , he went for test and he was negative .

Keep the money ,besides you don't have it.
are u a member of Christ embassy?
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by wiegraf: 5:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Joagbaje: It's possible to tell them to stop if their healing is confirmed . There are people that have been prayed for and symptoms stopped and when they went for HIV test they tested negative , it will be wrong and unbelieving to continue such drugs . It can kill their faith

Indeed, I do know of someone personally who was 'cured', he even had a party. Then he died a few months later.

You, good ser, are every f%%^%& thing that's wrong with humanity. Raw, unadulterated cancer. How you can live with yourself, frankly, bewilders me.

Perhaps they should divert all that money spent on retrovirals to tithes? Surely god needs the money to add to his perfection, yes?
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by Joagbaje(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2013
Evil Brain: @Joagbaje

Right, and we're all supposed to take your word for it abi? Big, bold claims and not a shred of evidence. Typical of a Christian büllshît artist. So pardon me for not believing you.

Will medical records from 3 government hospitals lie?

Keep telling lies and being a nuisance to the human race.

You don't have to result to insult. Be a little cultured .
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by Joagbaje(m): 8:35am On Sep 10, 2013
wiegraf:

Indeed, I do know of someone personally who was 'cured', he even had a party. Then he died a few months later.

Did he go ,for medical test or he just claimed to be healed?
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by nora544: 9:00am On Sep 10, 2013
I know more stories like that also from cancer patient in UK, where Pastors tell them god will heal them and he will pray with them together and when they die, the pastor told their families that they didnot belive in god and make them feel guilty and that they didnot give all what they have to god so this happen.

All is about money and praying and it is also a problem that this people get so brainwashed from this fake pastors and Bishops and overseers and they will not hear, when people from outside tell them that this so called great man of god only want the money of them.
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by wiegraf: 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
Joagbaje:

Did he go ,for medical test or he just claimed to be healed?

I drove him myself to take the test

Htf should I know? Of course he claims he did.

I cannot believe where you're going with this...
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Joagbaje will tell any lie to get tithes... wink

1 Like

Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by Joagbaje(m): 12:31am On Sep 11, 2013
wiegraf:

I drove him myself to take the test

Htf should I know? Of course he claims he did.

I cannot believe where you're going with this...

My point is, did he test negative after the prayer? . If he tested negative after the prayer , then it's not the HIV that killed him. But if he didn't go for medical test to confirm his healing then he probably didnt get healed . That explained why he could drop dead. The only other reason is if he lost his healing
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by wiegraf: 1:15am On Sep 11, 2013
Joagbaje:

My point is, did he test negative after the prayer? . If he tested negative after the prayer , then it's not the HIV that killed him. But if he didn't go for medical test to confirm his healing then he probably didnt get healed . That explained why he could drop dead. The only other reason is if he lost his healing

The claim is he tested positive. Is the claim true? I doubt it. And I very highly doubt that one tested positive for HIV who dies a few months after ending medication due to being 'healed' in a church didn't die because of aforementioned HIV. Frankly, to suggest otherwise is preposterous considering the evidence. And the 'healers' should be prosecuted, just as those who sell fake medication are.

Gymnastics asides, my problem is clear. Would you contravene or override advice from medical professionals? And can you clarify the bolded pls?
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by Joagbaje(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
wiegraf:

The claim is he tested positive. Is the claim true? I doubt it. And I very highly doubt that one tested positive for HIV who dies a few months after ending medication due to being 'healed'

I guess you meant to say "negative" instead of "positive" or you didn't get me right.

My question was ; if he went for a test after the "healing" did he still test POSITIVE or NEGATIVE ? If he tested NEGATIVE to HIV after the "Healing " then he was healed . If he died ,he must have died of some other causes . Except if he lost his healing. Yes I remember you wanted clarification on that. It's possible to lose ones healing, if the person continue in sin, especially the kind of sin that brought about the sickness. Someone can lose his healing by not building his faith on the word of God. Someone can lose his healing through fear or unbelief .

2 Likes

Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by nora544: 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
the problem is that there are different HIV line in the world and some test will say you are negative bcause they see only 1 or 2

That is why at the moment only when you take your drug you could be stest HIV negativ.

There is one doctor she live with this since more than 25 years and she speak in the TV how important it is to take the drugs.

Nigerian Pastors are the best doctors in the world they can heal everthing.
Re: Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment by wiegraf: 6:05am On Sep 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

I guess you meant to say "negative" instead of "positive" or you didn't get me right.

Yes, I meant to say negative. Apologies for that.

Joagbaje:
My question was ; if he went for a test after the "healing" did he still test POSITIVE or NEGATIVE ? If he tested NEGATIVE to HIV after the "Healing " then he was healed . If he died ,he must have died of some other causes .

God can never fail...

Even if he tested negative at the time, you think it a coincidence he just happened to die a few months after he got off the medication? You do know how AIDS works, yes? Stop taking medication = death, that is no coincidence. Here's what occam's razor would tell you, it's simple, he was never cured...

Did he actually take the test? I don't know. But considering this very well known fact; there is no known cure for AIDS, I am more inclined to believe he was LYING or there was an accident with the testing somewhere, etc etc. Why would he lie? Many reasons, perhaps some shepherd (or wolf) fleecing him told him to have faith and just believe, put his trust in god and believe he was healed. Something like;

wolf:
Someone cannot be healed without faith in the word of God. Someone cannot be healed if he has fear or unbelief. So he just has to believe he has been cured, have faith that he has been cured, god cannot fail, and it will be so

and in his desperation (and sheer stoopidity) the sheeple went along, the rest is history.

Bottom line, I'd much sooner believe in human folly than in miracles.

And all that said, even if he had indeed been tested negative at that time, and doctor(s) was nonplussed but acknowledged the test valid as far as he could tell, I very, VERY highly doubt he'd tell him to stop taking his medication. That is sheer, utter madness. It is completely needless and foolish russian roulette, and the sort which features only one empty slot in the chamber. Why you'd even need to take the test needlessly bewilders me.

Again, when you have HIV it isn't just going to walk away. For whatever reason that test came back negative, you do not just stop medication, you continue testing/medication, possibly for years even, and monitor even after that, to make sure one has indeed been cured and no error was involved. If the doctor recommended he stopped medication just after the one or few tests, then that doctor needs to be investigated, obviously.

And here you are, even assuming they were indeed 'healed' (note; ie they got a negative test for whatever reason), suggesting people throw caution to the wind and put their faith in god, who can do no wrong. Taking medication is what displeased god?

Joagbaje:
Except if he lost his healing. Yes I remember you wanted clarification on that. It's possible to lose ones healing, if the person continue in sin, especially the kind of sin that brought about the sickness. Someone can lose his healing by not building his faith on the word of God. Someone can lose his healing through fear or unbelief .

Are you saying lack of faith is what brings on the ailment?
Are you also saying that sin, and by sin I mean displeasing god, is responsible for disease?

(1) (Reply)

Scandals In The Holy City: Pope's Butler Arrested; Vatican's Bank President Sack / 'GOD' and Angel In Photograph Of Clouds Over Cape Coral, Florida / AMAZING Testimony Of HEAVEN,HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church+audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.