Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most (8273 Views)

Which Mod You Like/dislike On Nairaland / Gifts You Dislike Most To Be Presented To You / Who You Did Like/dislike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by MegaG: 12:28am On Apr 07, 2012
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Chuks84(m): 1:43am On Apr 07, 2012
Yamukazi abi what.is your name, its threads like this I dislike? Why are you even asking? Do you have any authority on the site? Can u determine the thread that come on the front page? I see how you eagerly answer almost every post; its seems you have nothing better to do with your time.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Seun(m): 1:57am On Apr 07, 2012
Chuks84: Yamukazi abi what.is your name, its threads like this I dislike? Why are you even asking? Do you have any authority on the site? Can u determine the thread that come on the front page? I see how you eagerly answer almost every post; its seems you have nothing better to do with your time.
yamakuza is now a super-moderator, so it makes sense for him to create threads such as this. Please respect him!

1 Like

Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 07, 2012
yamakuza:

can you be specific pls?

Which of the topics currently on the FP do you not like, and why?

Or what would you have loved to read that isnt there?

Thanks.

my post was actually edited by one of the mods..
i like d topics from d religion/romance section, education/politics could be boring atimes..
i cant remember names right now, but them plenty.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by iceblock(m): 3:01am On Apr 07, 2012
DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH WHAT APPEARS ON THE HOME PAGE.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Yeske2(m): 5:00am On Apr 07, 2012
Seun is a business man and any topic that increases traffic to his site is cool especially the Igbo/Yoruba bashing ones, so no big deal.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by yamakuza: 6:13am On Apr 07, 2012
MegaG: i think u shud make room for every topic to go on d front page cos some of us are too lazy to navigate tru d various categories dat make up d site.
IMHO i tink these FP topics can always b archived to d various categories they fall under after a day or two. Dat way people will be forced to look into those topics that are of interest to them. to b frank, there r too many blogs on the internet that guys won't find time navigating tru a particular blog in search of some spicy news/topics. bring wat u have for the day nd move to a new chapter the next day. do more research nd keep ur readers busy!

thanks. What do you consider spicy? Breaking News?

+4 for Science & Tech
+1 for Entrepreneurship
+1 for Current Affairs
+1 for Religion
+4 for Love/Reality Stories

-2 for Celebrity Gossip
-2 for Politics
-1 for Education
-1 for Football
-3 for Religion
-4 for 'predictable' topics
-1 for rehashed topics
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by blank(f): 6:32am On Apr 07, 2012
Less science and geeky stuff, e.g website building is not for everyone. Less family except the person specifically asked for it to be on the front page. A lot of people that come to family section, ask for their problems to not be on the front page but she immediately pushes it. Less celebrity silly gossip.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by yamakuza: 6:47am On Apr 07, 2012
blank: Less science and geeky stuff, e.g website building is not for everyone.

Less family except the person specifically asked for it to be on the front page. A lot of people that come to family section, ask for their problems to not be on the front page but she immediately pushes it.

Less celebrity silly gossip.

Thanks a lot.

[s]I was begining to think ALL Nairalanders were Nerds.[/s]

+4 for Science & Tech
+1 for Entrepreneurship
+1 for Current Affairs
+1 for Religion
+4 for Love/Reality Stories

-3 for Celebrity Gossip
-2 for Politics
-1 for Education
-1 for Geeky Stuff
-1 for Football
-1 for Family Crisis
-3 for Religion
-4 for 'predictable' topics
-1 for rehashed topics
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Chuks84(m): 9:28am On Apr 07, 2012
Seun:
yamakuza is now a super-moderator, so it makes sense for him to create threads such as this. Please respect him!
Respect ko! respect ni! You should choose your words well, just because you own the site doesn't mean you can order people around. Respect my a$$. I don't know whether you think you are talking to a kid.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Chuks84(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2012
Seun well done! I'm disappointed, so you've taken to hiding posts that you dislike, meanwhile its ok when people start tribal bashing. You are becoming autocratic. The funny thing is that I didn't even mean any of those things I said in my previous posts, I was just trying to gauge your reaction. You failed. You know the saying about absolute power? This site became popular because people could come here and freely express their views, no matter how silly. Once you take that away, it will mark the beginning of your downfall.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by yamakuza: 11:53am On Apr 07, 2012
Chuks84: Seun well done! I'm disappointed, so you've taken to hiding posts that you dislike, meanwhile its ok when people start tribal bashing. You are becoming autocratic. The funny thing is that I didn't even mean any of those things I said in my previous posts, I was just trying to gauge your reaction. You failed. You know the saying about absolute power? This site became popular because people could come here and freely express their views, no matter how silly. Once you take that away, it will mark the beginning of your downfall.

i hid your post. You are derailing my thread.

If you make another comment, i will have to ban you.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Ninilowo(m): 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2012
Religious and tribal centred topic should not make the front page. Others are welcome.
2. I enjoyed "Alli and Simbi" stuff. Poeple contributed without harrsing one's religion or tribe.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Chuks84(m): 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2012
yamakuza:

Ban me! Monkey!!!!!
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by yamakuza: 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2012
Chuks84: Ban me! Monkey!!!!!

Done!
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by yamakuza: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2012
Ninilowo: Religious and tribal centred topic should not make the front page. Others are welcome.
2. I enjoyed "Alli and Simbi" stuff. Poeple contributed without harrsing one's religion or tribe.

Thanks. Noted.

The Survey will soon be over.

[s]
So far, it appears safe to profile NL for nerds.[/s]
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Raxxye(m): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2012
yamakuza:

Take it easy, guy. We‘re not in a military school here! Haba!
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Raxxye(m): 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2012
I enjoy most topics from “joke“, “family“ and “career“ sections!

1 Like

Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Maleeq(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2012
yamakuza:

If you make another comment, i will ban you.

SMH. A mod a tad bit too emotional. What's the point of the thread for with remarks as this, its kinda apparent its "your will be done, others can bite dust"?

@topic
The analysis is kinda skewed. The spatial data used in your "safe" assumption is insufficient. +4 for SciTech (Computer, Phones, Webmasters, Tech), if i understand clearly means "we should expect to see more techie topics on the front page now"? Which leaves me to, have you been to those sections to see if indeed there are "new" worthy topics created to grace the front page? Most topics are too techie for the average user...and Enterpreneurship (Business, Career, Jobs), which formed the base of nairaland's rise being relegated lightly.

To me, the selection of topics basically can't be "user opinion driven" in entirety as "to each, his own likes". Ain't the purpose of the homepage to drive increased traffic/clicks?? I can bet my neighbor's cat, there are more gossip inclined folks here on nairaland than there are techies. The topic selections thus far has been sufficient. Just because a thread I find interesting in a section doesn't make front page doesn't mean those that did ain't worthy!

Just my 2cents!

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by yamakuza: 1:03pm On Apr 07, 2012
Maleeq:
SMH. A mod a tad bit too emotional. What's the point of the thread for with remarks as this, its kinda apparent its "your will be done, others can bite dust"?

@topic
The analysis is kinda skewed. The spatial data used in your "safe" assumption is insufficient. +4 for SciTech (Computer, Phones, Webmasters, Tech), if i understand clearly means "we should expect to see more techie topics on the front page now"? Which leaves me to, have you been to those sections to see if indeed there are "new" worthy topics created to grace the front page? Most topics are too techie for the average user...and Enterpreneurship (Business, Career, Jobs), which formed the base of nairaland's rise being relegated lightly.

To me, the selection of topics basically can't be "user opinion driven" in entirety as "to each, his own likes". Ain't the purpose of the homepage to drive increased traffic/clicks?? I can bet my neighbor's cat, there are more gossip inclined folks here on nairaland than there are techies. The topic selections thus far has been sufficient. Just because a thread I find interesting in a section doesn't make front page doesn't mean those that did ain't worthy!

Just my 2cents!

Thanks. You make a lot of sense.

Its left to Nairalanders to agree or disagree with you.

There has been an increasing clamour for a Science section on NL lately. Now will be a good time for those asking for that section to contribute topics.

As per the sparse data, thats why we are still here.

As per Chuks, he was definitely adding nothing to the thread.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by MissyB3(f): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2012
While y'all are at it, could you make more topics from the food section constantly appear on the frontpage. If that section and others alike must grow, this is one solution.

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by chuks841: 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2012
Seun I think you ought to review the kind of people you put up as 'super. Moderators'. I have been a member of Nairaland for the past 7 years and this arrogant riff raff bans me because he can't hold his emotions together, accusing me of derailing his thread. Is Nairaland his father's company? I have seen people come on threads and spew unmentionable insults with no penalty and this cow bans me because he disagrees with my posts. He is not fit to be a moderator, lacks objectivity and tolerance. Yamukazu please go ahead and ban this profile too!
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by deols(f): 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2012
I think many of the threads that make front page are those perceived to be of interest to the majority.That makes them okay.

What may not be good is situations where others that deserve to be read in terms of being informative, et al don't grace it just because they may not receive the most responses.

Also, I would want topics from the religion and Islam for Muslim sections to continually grace the front page especially when they are current(like the easter ones at the moment) and informative. But moderators should be ready to do their job with regards offensive posts. If not, they are better left in those sections.

Tribal threads may not be so good but I think they bring into our consciousness something deep within that are not ordinarily expressed. It is good to know the truth of our situation. when they become extreme though, it is up to the moderators.

Finally, some topics on the home page have typographical errors that should really be avoided.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by deols(f): 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2012
Missy_B: While y'all are at it, could you make more topics from the food section constantly appear on the frontpage. If that section and others alike must grow, this is one solution.

I second
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by yamakuza: 4:05pm On Apr 07, 2012
deols: I think many of the threads that make front page are those perceived to be of interest to the majority.That makes them okay.

What may not be good is situations where others that deserve to be read in terms of being informative, et al don't grace it just because they may not receive the most responses.

Also, I would want topics from the religion and Islam for Muslim sections to continually grace the front page especially when they are current(like the easter ones at the moment) and informative. But moderators should be ready to do their job with regards offensive posts. If not, they are better left in those sections.

Tribal threads may not be so good but I think they bring into our consciousness something deep within that are not ordinarily expressed. It is good to know the truth of our situation. when they become extreme though, it is up to the moderators.

Finally, some topics on the home page have typographical errors that should really be avoided.

Noted. Thanks!
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Blackteeth(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2012
Personally I think this survey is not necessary.
Whatever thread the admin or mods knows alot of people will be intrested in should be qualified to make the frontpage. No matter how stupid the thread sounds. And besides all boards should be open for front page topics selection. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by desperatem(m): 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2012
Wait o, is seun a man or woman? Cos dat name na unisex.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Harrypoter(m): 1:07am On Apr 08, 2012
yamakuza:

+1 for Science & Tech
+1 for Entrepreneurship
+1 for Love Stories

-1 for Politics
-2 for Religion

Dats perfect U knw!
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 08, 2012
yamakuza:

Done!

Now, that was harsh, permit me to come into this issue, though i don't mean to derail your thread but the INSTANT ban was really harsh and unprofessional.
@Yamakuza
you should have ignored him, he kept throwing those offensive words because you gave him attention.
@Chucks84
my guy the war of words wasn't necessary, you should have ignored the thread, there are other posts that might interest you, you know what i mean?

Now let there be PEACE.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by chuks841: 7:25am On Apr 08, 2012
991:

Now, that was harsh, permit me to come into this issue, though i don't mean to derail your thread but the INSTANT ban was really harsh and unprofessional.
@Yamakuza
you should have ignored him, he kept throwing those offensive words because you gave him attention.
@Chucks84
my guy the war of words wasn't necessary, you should have ignored the thread, there are other posts that might interest you, you know what i mean?

Now let there be PEACE.

I agree I was wrong sha, the section was kinda boring and I was looking to spice it up by just being contrary. Little did I know the mod was a jobless Arrow who took the title of super mod too seriously. Well that is what he'll ever aspire to be in life.
Re: Home Page Topics You Like/Dislike Most by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2012
yamakuza:

Done!

Omo see military rule...
Shey na like dis we go de dey??

@op...i love topics from family..(Real life issues-gets me prepared)
I love religion - i love d bashing
Technology market - cry waste of time
Politics - we already know its a bad news
Sexualityy - sooo lame... Dats where doz jambites camp
Auto - i'd love MUCH MORE topics from dat section
Tv/series - i want more... Wuld love box office updates
Music - nah...
Jokes - yeah....more! More! More!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You A Thinker Or A Feeler? / Poor Baby Gets Electrocuted By A Plugged Phone Charger. / Woman Shaking Her Breast To Dance To The Beat Of The Music ‘ No Bra ‘

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.