Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,593 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery (1166 Views)

96-yr-old Woman Who Donated N1M To Buhari Receives First Lady Of Kebbi..photo / Police Arrest Ekiti APC Leader, Others For Robbery / Another Stowaway Boy Arrested In Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by AfroBlue(m): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2012
11-Yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/04/05/11-yr-old-boy-arrested-for-robbery/

An 11- year old boy (name withheld) was arrested yesterday for armed robbery.

The boy, with a gang of at least 20 robbers, raided several streets in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, southsouth Nigeria, dispossessing people, especially ladies, of their handsets, necklaces and handbags.

“They started robbing people from Atamunu Street to Mayne Avenue, Okpo Ene Atu and escaped through Target Street to Bogobiri, where I suspect they went to sell their stolen items,” Glory Eyo, a civil servant, whose handset was snatched by the gang told our correspondent.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the robbers were armed with guns and machetes and started the operation at about 3 p.m. They went from one street to another unchallenged and snatched about 40 handsets.

Eyewitnesses said those who attempted to stop them were attacked.

“When my sister told me her phone had been snatched by a gang of young robbers, I went outside and I saw them moving towards Mayne Avenue from Okpo Ene. I ran after them and when I got close and shouted at them to stop, one of them pointed gun at me and said, ‘I will shoot you if you come closer’. So I had to retreat,” John Ekong told our correspondent.

The gang ended their operation at Atu by Goldie, where they picked second hand bags being sold by a lady, Fostina Thompson. By that time people had mobilised and given them a hot chase. While others escaped, the youngster was caught by the mob.

“When we went after them, they fled for safety at Target Street. While some escaped through the back streets, I caught the boy when he wanted to enter Mary Magdaline Street. I put a stud on him and he stumbled and the knife fell from his hand,” Ebayi Oden, who caught the suspected kid robber said.

The robber had a deep machete cut at the back of his head and was bleeding profusely.

He was about to be set ablaze by the mob when police from the Atakpa Police Station arrived and took him away.

The boy confessed that the phones they steal are sold to a baba at Bogobiri, a community where the Hausas dwell in Calabar.

—Emman Una/ Calabar
Re: 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by Ejine(m): 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2012
This post won't get much traffic, because the boy is neither Igbo nor Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by Afam4eva(m): 5:40pm On Apr 06, 2012
Ejiné: This post won't get much traffic, because the boy is neither Igbo nor Yoruba.

Maybe his mother is Igbo or Yoruba. We have to be sure though.

@POST

Age means nothing. Introduce a 3 year old child to violence and sex and he'll be an expert by the time he turns 10.
Re: 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by kelz88(f): 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2012
Na wa ohhhh!!!
Re: 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by AfroBlue(m): 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2012
afam4eva:

Maybe his mother is Igbo or Yoruba. We have to be sure though.

@POST

Age means nothing. Introduce a 3 year old child to violence and sex and he'll be an expert by the time he turns 10.

true talk, check this out

end of times story

[img]http://bossip.files./2012/04/screen-shot-2012-04-06-at-8-48-24-am.png[/img]

North Miami Teen Stabbed Mother To Death, Threw House Party While Body Decomposed In Next Room

It takes a special kind of kid to throw a house party while the mother they murked rots in the next room.

Kit Darrant, a 16-year-old student at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School, told investigators he killed his mother, Renette Emile, 35, because he was angry at her for scolding him about staying out late on a week night.

Then, according to a Miami-Dade police arrest affidavit, he cleaned up the blood, sprinkled her body with deodorizers and laundry detergent and wrapped it in bedsheets.

That was March 27.

Four days later, he threw a party.

For eight days, police said Darrant took care of his 3-year-old brother at their apartment in the sprawling Jade Winds complex near North Miami, coming and going.

When relatives called Kit told them his mother couldn’t come to the phone. But eventually his aunt became suspicious.

According to the Miami-Dade arrest affidavit, Darrant and his mother quarreled about his late hours.

He said he was angry and decided to kill her when she went to bed. He waited, then attacked her by wrapping his hands around her bare neck and choking her until she lost consciousness, the police report said. But his mother, who was face down, would not go easily.

Realizing that she was still breathing, he went into the kitchen, grabbed a butcher knife, returned to the bedroom and stabbed her in the back of the neck, police said. She was still breathing, so Darrant turned her over and stabbed her repeatedly in the chest and arms until she was dead.

His baby brother was sleeping in the next room.

Afterward, Darrant wiped the blood from the knife, removed his soaked clothing and went to sleep, police said.

The next morning, he cleaned up the bedroom covered the body and tried to hide the smell as the body decomposed, authorities said.

Over the next few days, neighbors and security guards at the gated complex noticed Darrant driving his mother’s car at all hours. He played his music loudly and kids were going in and out.

After more than a week, Rena Emile became alarmed and she and a friend drove to the complex. She told the employee in the guardhouse she had a feeling that something was wrong.

“They told me they saw him driving her car with the baby inside and they thought it was odd,” she said.

Even before Emile and her friend entered the apartment, they were immediately hit by the smell.

“It was filthy dirty,’’ Emile said, shivering at the memory. “Me and my girlfriend kicked the door down. We knew right away.”

Darrant returned to the complex as police arrived. He said nothing as he was whisked away, Emile said.

Friends and family said Darrant had been in and out of trouble and that his mother was threatening to put him in a boot camp.

“It was normal teenager stuff, like not following the rules,” said Emile, who said she spoke to her sister frequently.

Despite the mother-son conflicts, Emile said her sister never once mentioned that Darrant was violent or threatened her in any way.

Police, who obtained a search warrant Thursday, visited the apartment earlier this year for a domestic disturbance and reckless driving. Darrant was arrested for trespassing in 2010, police said.

Renette Emile worked as a security guard at Jade Winds up until a couple of months ago, her sister said, adding that she was disturbed that fellow security guards didn’t notice something was amiss after seeing her nephew driving his mother’s car with his brother inside.

Neighbors, she said, noticed a foul odor emanating from the apartment, but also didn’t report anything.

“The neighbors said they saw him coming and going and hanging with friends,” Emile said. “I can’t believe that people thought it was odd and never said anything.”

Kit Darrant was having a party.

As he blasted his music and laughed with friends Tuesday night, however, Darrant was hiding a dark secret.

His mother’s butchered body was decomposing in the next room.

Darrant, a 16-year-old student at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School, later told investigators he killed his mother, Renette Emile, 35, because he was angry at her for scolding him about staying out late on a week night.

Then, according to a Miami-Dade police arrest affidavit, he cleaned up the blood, sprinkled her body with deodorizers and laundry detergent and wrapped it in bedsheets.

That was March 27.

Four days later, he threw a party.

For eight days, police said Darrant took care of his 3-year-old brother at their apartment in the sprawling Jade Winds complexnear North Miami, coming and going.

Relatives kept calling, but he told them his mother couldn’t come to the phone.

Finally, his aunt, Rena Emile, stopped by the complex Wednesday night and discovered her sister’s body.

Police said she had been stabbed 14 times.

“He kept making excuses,” Rena Emile said.

According to the Miami-Dade arrest affidavit, Darrant and his mother quarreled about his late hours.

He said he was angry and decided to kill her when she went to bed. He waited, then attacked her by wrapping his hands around her bare neck and choking her until she lost consciousness, the police report said. But his mother, who was face down, would not go easily.

Realizing that she was still breathing, he went into the kitchen, grabbed a butcher knife, returned to the bedroom and stabbed her in the back of the neck, police said. She was still breathing, so Darrant turned her over and stabbed her repeatedly in the chest and arms until she was dead.

His baby brother was sleeping in the next room.

Afterward, Darrant wiped the blood from the knife, removed his soaked clothing and went to sleep, police said.

The next morning, he cleaned up the bedroom covered the body and tried to hide the smell as the body decomposed, authorities said.

Over the next few days, neighbors and security guards at the gated complex noticed Darrant driving his mother’s car at all hours. He played his music loudly and kids were going in and out.

After more than a week, Rena Emile became alarmed and she and a friend drove to the complex. She told the employee in the guardhouse she had a feeling that something was wrong.

“They told me they saw him driving her car with the baby inside and they thought it was odd,” she said.

Even before Emile and her friend entered the apartment, they were immediately hit by the smell.

“It was filthy dirty,’’ Emile said, shivering at the memory. “Me and my girlfriend kicked the door down. We knew right away.”

Darrant returned to the complex as police arrived. He said nothing as he was whisked away, Emile said.

Friends and family said Darrant had been in and out of trouble and that his mother was threatening to put him in a boot camp.

“It was normal teenager stuff, like not following the rules,” said Emile, who said she spoke to her sister frequently.

Despite the mother-son conflicts, Emile said her sister never once mentioned that Darrant was violent or threatened her in any way.

Police, who obtained a search warrant Thursday, visited the apartment earlier this year for a domestic disturbance and reckless driving. Darrant was arrested for trespassing in 2010, police said.

At Krop on Thursday, students said Darrant associated with the skater crowd.

“I know him, but I didn’t think he would do something like this,” said a fellow student.

“This is really a shock,” said another student who has known him since middle school.

Renette Emile worked as a security guard at Jade Winds up until a couple of months ago, her sister said, adding that she was disturbed that fellow security guards didn’t notice something was amiss after seeing her nephew driving his mother’s car with his brother inside.

Neighbors, she said, noticed a foul odor emanating from the apartment, but also didn’t report anything.

“The neighbors said they saw him coming and going and hanging with friends,” Emile said. “I can’t believe that people thought it was odd and never said anything.”

Miami Herald staff writer David Ovalle contributed to this report.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/05/v-print/2732895/woman-found-dead-inside-north.html#storylink=cpy
Re: 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by Afam4eva(m): 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2012
I'm moving to America in some months time and i hope i don't come across these American psychos who kill for the fun of it.
Re: 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by jmaine: 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2012
Ejiné: This post won't get much traffic, because the boy is neither Igbo nor Yoruba.

lol . . .My folks in calabar gave me a full loaded gist of this recent mayhem . . They belong to a violent teen group nicknamed "Skylo" boys . .and they are equally as equipped and deadly as the univerisity campus confraternity . .most are even understudies to the various campus groups cos as soon as they gain admission . . .they get snapped up immediately . . . Cos of their ability to impulsively deliver untold pain of violence at the blink of an eye . . .

They went on a robbery rampage a few weeks ago . . . robbing in broad day light for hours without challenge . .prolly due to their huge numbers and arms . . . .

Guess . . .they went to an enclave where men . .with their guns and machetes as well came out to see who had the nerve to unsettle their neighborhood . . .Calabar boys no dey tay to provoke . . .
Re: 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by CyberG: 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
afam4eva: I'm moving to America in some months time and i hope i don't come across these American psychos who kill for the fun of it.

Moving from your tribalistic, backward waterloo to the modern world! Ha! Don't bring your backward, hatred and tribalism here because you will surely be a victim of one psycho - just a matter of time. Just a few hours ago, your racist, blackened soul upped the ante on your stock in trade: https://www.nairaland.com/908789/post-civil-war-reconstruction-eastern-nigeria. So, you have been shackled in some dingy hell hole for so long but you treacherously pretend you lived in the modern world - just like your leaders ONLYLIES and AccursedDEDE1. Oh well, repent now and do something worthwhile with your life because America don't want black racist KKK tribalists like iRACISTAfam4Ever.
Re: 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Apr 06, 2012
CyberG:

Moving from your tribalistic, backward waterloo to the modern world! Ha! Don't bring your backward, hatred and tribalism here because you will surely be a victim of one psycho - just a matter of time. Just a few hours ago, your racist, blackened soul upped the ante on your stock in trade: https://www.nairaland.com/908789/post-civil-war-reconstruction-eastern-nigeria. So, you have been shackled in some dingy hell hole for so long but you treacherously pretend you lived in the modern world - just like your leaders ONLYLIES and AccursedDEDE1. Oh well, repent now and do something worthwhile with your life because America don't want black racist KKK tribalists like iRACISTAfam4Ever.

First of all, i'm not a tribalist. Secondly, what do you term tribalism. How does that thread look tribalistic? I guess if i say "I'm Igbo", i'll be called tribalist too.
Re: 11-yr Old Boy Arrested For Robbery by Yeske2(m): 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2012
You just said it all and it's a fact.

(1) (Reply)

The Pension Scam...how They Looted The Funds / Prof Ayagi Criticizes CBN Gov. Emir Sanusi On Currency Change / How Investors Stall Govt’s Drive For Private Refineries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.