Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? (7189 Views)

Poll: Is The Stock Market Still Profitable?

YES: 24% (9 votes)
NO: 32% (12 votes)
MAY BE: 27% (10 votes)
WHO CARES: 16% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / When Is MTN Coming To The Stock Market? / Stock Market: Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by cashmentor(m): 12:41am On Apr 11, 2012
olajide_07:
Stocks don't expire for more info go to www.cscs.com.ng not to sure or www.cscs.org.ng would check it up from my mail box so many stockbroking firms have been de-registered or are having liquidity issues so look before you leap, and theses are the issues they are supposed to be probing
yeah, i know that.... AP is no more like he said, who knows what might have happened to their shares.... Maybe recapitalized, that's my point!
Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by dynamite2012: 4:39am On Apr 11, 2012
This is thread is full of fools who will surely get burned. The NSE is a complete joke. Bogus or out-dated financial reports; rampart corruption and brazen market manipulation! Buying Nigerian stock is even worse than gambling. I am happy I advised my Dad to avoid the stock market like a plague when it seemed to be doubling every other month; thank God he listened to me. Half his friends that played the stock markets are already dead from strokes because they lost EVERYTHING. Such a tragedy and meanwhile, the criminal regulators and criminal CEOs are all free and enjoying their illegal loot. LOL! Nigerians are so gullible; it's just sad.
Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by olajide8(m): 7:20am On Apr 11, 2012
dynamite2012: This is thread is full of fools who will surely get burned. The NSE is a complete joke. Bogus or out-dated financial reports; rampart corruption and brazen market manipulation! Buying Nigerian stock is even worse than gambling. I am happy I advised my Dad to avoid the stock market like a plague when it seemed to be doubling every other month; thank God he listened to me. Half his friends that played the stock markets are already dead from strokes because they lost EVERYTHING. Such a tragedy and meanwhile, the criminal regulators and criminal CEOs are all free and enjoying their illegal loot. LOL! Nigerians are so gullible; it's just sad.

How unfortunate well let me share a secret with you stockbrokers are also allowed to play in the market meaning sometimes they buy at the lowest price and sell to their clients at the highest price and then they buy from their clients at the lowest price verse versa do you know why overheads & profitability, see it would cost money to move around say go to registrars offices maintain offices pay necessary levies and still keep afloat and if you calculate your profit from commissions they way I did years ago, you would see why brokers "not dealing clerks" are being paid peanuts and we have to wear our suits to portray another view, now stock-broking firms are allowed to play in the same market now that's why they have a creed and they are more coveted then any other structure in the financial system, you need to brought for registration after your completion of chartered membership by a dealing clerk who is the M.D of a stock-broking firm in the market how many of them have time to visit abuja because of a new member, when they have to play in the market who many are sincere enough to think of their clients see I was at consistent logger head with my firm when I was a broker my M.D at a point refused to sign my form my chairman did and threaten me that I must not leave his firm if they went ahead for me he seized my registration form at a certain level and that was the major reason I left for banking which I felt was a better option then, so how many brokers would be sincere to their clients above their organisation that pays them their 30days make a pay even when they are paid peanuts (15k-30k) when dealing clerks are paid a minimum of as at then (150k) now imagine me playing in the same market with most of you guys with my experience mehn naa to kill you people with all the info I have, and that is what is happening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by olajide8(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2012
cashmentor: yeah, i know that.... AP is no more like he said, who knows what might have happened to their shares.... Maybe recapitalized, that's my point!
Nothing really happened to AP their shares were restructured by the new owners and there books were looked into more critically to reflex the true value just like national oil that was brought over by consolidated oil now conoil, same as unipetrol and agip that became oando structuring of shares to show the value of ownership
Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by feelamong(m): 8:07am On Apr 11, 2012
There are a lot of jokers in this thread.....Before you venture into a business, the onus is on you to do your research..even to go as far as being an aprrentice, then before starting off..(Just ask those Igbo traders how many year they have to learn how to trade even in simple items like car headlamps) I will only advice most of us to go back and do their reseach....study the market, the various coys and take this as a busineess....that way they will not throw away their money cos one silly broker said a stock is good to buy ....

On a personla note I read Biology in my BSc.. today ma sure I can analyse stocks far better than most people that claim to have CFA or ICAN... all i did was to go out and read a lot of books on stocks investing... Moreover the market NSE included is information driven just like any market (just as the Aboki man dealing on dollars) and you need to keep ur self informed all the time.. You just dont buy a stock and go to sleep!!

The NSE is a gold mine.. no wonder the Foreign portfolio managers keep coming to play here and make the money whislt all the idiots in naija just keep shouting that NSE is corrupt and remain almost senile...If you think you might lkike to play in the market go to www.stockmarketnigeria.com and hear learnt fellows discussing the NSE

You can send me an email on feelamong@gmail.com and we could discuss further on new stocks,new info and new strategies to make money on the NSE
Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by dkings101(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2012
olajide_07:
Nothing really happened to AP their shares were restructured by the new owners and there books were looked into more critically to reflex the true value just like national oil that was brought over by consolidated oil now conoil, same as unipetrol and agip that became oando structuring of shares to show the value of ownership

Who is the new owner and whats the name of the share abbrv on NSE? So nothing happen to my AP share. Am I still entitled to the small div dey share??
Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by feelamong(m): 10:15am On Apr 11, 2012
dkings101:

Who is the new owner and whats the name of the share abbrv on NSE? So nothing happen to my AP share. Am I still entitled to the small div dey share??

AP is still owned by the former owners ..dat is femi Otedola...all the did was just a rebranding and name change to FORTE OIL PLC. It is still traded on the NSE...If you look atthe price lsit you will see FO....dat is Forte Oil and it traded for 10.60 yesterday..am not sure any dividend has been declared lately but if they should declare any soonest you are fully entitled!
Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by dkings101(m): 10:52am On Apr 11, 2012
feelamong:

AP is still owned by the former owners ..dat is femi Otedola...all the did was just a rebranding and name change to FORTE OIL PLC. It is still traded on the NSE...If you look atthe price lsit you will see FO....dat is Forte Oil and it traded for 10.60 yesterday..am not sure any dividend has been declared lately but if they should declare any soonest you are fully entitled!

^^^^

Thanks alot...
Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by osram(m): 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
Wat is d current share value of first bank and A.I.T.tnx ol
Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by donguutti: 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2012
with most of the posts here, it would be difficult for the stock market to recover to its past heights,
The "new" stock market is going to be a short termed investment , not the long term
"own a stock and give it to your kids" investment. so those who would make it in the market would be
active investors not passive ones like the poster above(btw go to the NSE website to get those prices).

As one of my broker friends would say " in a market you buy and sell i.e trade, you dont buy and store"
for a major market recovery, the markets should be made more efficient, faster execution times and lower
broker, NSE and CSCS charges, so we could move in and out of stocks easily thereby boosting liquidity.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by estani: 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
Well, Participants in stock market ranges from small individuals investors to large hedge traders, who can be based anywhere any time. Their orders are usually end up with professional at stock exchange, who executes the order of buying or selling stocks.

Re: Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? by needful: 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
I will advice you people to trade on foreign stock than this naija thing. I made my money on that without any loss. If u are interested in trading foreign stock, ping me on 2103F998. The information is free of charge. Pls don't gamble ur hard earned money on nigerian stocks. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LEARN THIS SKILL, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID. / WhatsApp Marketing Pro SOFTWARE -Send Massive Bulk WhatsApp Messages / Pls Bet4me Are They Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.