Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

We Need Technocrats In The States And Local Governments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Technocrats In The States And Local Governments (747 Views)

A Need For Core Technocrats In PMB Cabinets / Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Technocrats In The States And Local Governments by Afam4eva(m): 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2012
We've seen people like Pat Utomi and the likes trying to find their way into ASO rock to effect change in a country that has been bedeviled by bad and mediocre leadership. While i commend these people for their courage in trying to change the status quo, i think they should all go to their states and local governments and effect the change from there. Imagine a Pat utomi as governor of Delta state, a Chukwuma Soludo as governor of Anambra state, a Fashola as the governor of lagos state, Rochas in imo state, Mallam Sanusi in kano state and many more. Also, having technocrats in our local governments, imagine what Nigeria will be like. I think they should consider fighting the FG from the bottom up and not the other way round. Everybody should go back to their states and effect change no matter the position you find yourself in. Even if it means being a local government chairman. Afterall, it's about serving your people.
Re: We Need Technocrats In The States And Local Governments by bimboashiru: 12:05am On Apr 09, 2012
You have a point there.
Re: We Need Technocrats In The States And Local Governments by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 09, 2012
For me, its not just technocrats. Every progressive Nigerian should join local politics. Join a political party, register at your ward, and start changing things from there. The change we seek is a bottom-up process, we cannot start from the presidency.
Re: We Need Technocrats In The States And Local Governments by ektbear: 4:08am On Apr 09, 2012
Who can object to your statement? More qualified people at lower levels of government is certainly a good thing. As much as I dislike Sanusi, he'd probably be a solid governor of Kano State.
Re: We Need Technocrats In The States And Local Governments by Afam4eva(m): 6:04am On Apr 09, 2012
HNosegbe: For me, its not just technocrats. Every[b] progressive[/b] Nigerian should join local politics. Join a political party, register at your ward, and start changing things from there. The change we seek is a bottom-up process, we cannot start from the presidency.

That's the word i was supposed to use.

(1) (Reply)

Twelve Years On From Sharia, Core North Now Envy Of The World / Why Peter Obi Cried Out / Graduation Ceremony:18 Ex-militants Become Pilots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.