Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. (1616 Views)

Akunyili's Daughter, Njideka Crosby Wins Joyce Alexander Artist Prize / 2015 Election. Engr. Dave Umahi Declared Winner By INEC / Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 07, 2012
Malawi gov't declares Vice
President Joyce Banda
illegible for taking over
power Foreign 2012-04-07 11:42 by Kondawani Magambo LILONGWE, April 6 (Xinhua) -- The Malawi government on Friday night declared that Vice President Joyce Banda illegible to take over the reigns of leadership in any event that President Mutharika is incapacitated or deceased as per the constitutional requirement citing the fact that she formed her own party as the reason. The declaration was made by Information Minister Patricia Kaliati late Friday evening
flanked by five other ministers including the health minister, the local government minister and the youth minister. Kaliati's remarks came following the Vice President's press briefing held on Friday that she was kept in the dark as to what would be the way forward now that President Mutharika was critically ill and receiving medical attention in South Africa. "As government we are very concerned with the Vice President's remarks and those of the former president that she (Joyce Banda) is supposed to take over leadership following the president's illness," said Kaliati. "She speaks as if there is a vacancy in the seat of presidency which is very unfortunate because by the virtue that the Vice President started her own political party makes her illegible to take over in such situation," said Kaliati. The member of cabinet however did not mention anything about the present condition of the President Mutharika who was flown to South Africa on Thursday night following a cardiac arrest, saying more on the hot issue would be revealed Saturday. The government's stand on the Vice President followed comments from Malawi Law Society (MLS), civil society organizations (CSOs) and former President Bakili Muluzi who earlier on Friday respectively called for the government to allow Joyce Banda take over the country's presidential role in interim capacity following Mutharika's absence in office. Malawi constitution stipulates that where the sitting president becomes incapacitated or deceased the Vice President should take over the role of presidency for the remaining period of a term until elections are held. Hospital sources' confirmation and international media reports indicated Friday that President Mutharika had succumbed to death following the Thursday's cardiac arrest. The Malawi government has so far not officially announced the death of Mutharika.
mysinchew.com/node/72242
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 07, 2012
She spoilt it! That reminds me of Madam Pauline Tallen in Plateau State.
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 07, 2012
Did you say "illegible"? Pray tell, how?
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by Mynd44: 7:46am On Apr 07, 2012
Here we go. Another African Abracadabra in action
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by Callotti: 8:27am On Apr 07, 2012
A woman's worst enemy in African politics is her fellow African man used by her fellow women!

The declaration was made by Information Minister Patricia Kaliati late Friday evening

Ijjiot! Then why did you not fire her while she was still VP as soon as she formed her own party?
DORA AKUNYILI OF MALAWI! HA! cheesy
Used by e badu belle and e jolosi fellow women without brains like this one of course.
Because it becomes a matter of who can nyansh better to keep fellow women dowm for life!
God bless the civilized world.
Amen!

Good morning America. . . my home sweet home. How are y'awl doing from the big and beaurrriful state of Texas?

Malawi constitution stipulates that where the sitting president becomes incapacitated or deceased the Vice President should take over the role of presidency for the remaining period of a term until elections are held.

Abi? Forming your own party or not!
Welcome to the African Jungle of 'Bushman' politics!
Mu he he he he he he he
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 10:05am On Apr 07, 2012
This is what almost became the fate of President Jonathan if Pastor Tunde Bakare, SNG and other Nigerians did not say NO to his present gang and storm in to deliver him from Madam Turia's kitchen.
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by jmaine: 11:12am On Apr 07, 2012
egift: This is what almost became the fate of President Jonathan if Pastor Tunde Bakare, SNG and other Nigerians did not say NO to his present gang and storm in to deliver him from Madam Turia's kitchen.

Please spare us this stale shyte . . .Bakare indeed . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 1:20pm On Apr 07, 2012
jmaine:

Please spare us this stale shyte . . .Bakare indeed . . . lipsrsealed

@jmaine:
You and your likes can bend the truth as you like, but the truth remains - if not for the efforts of the likes of Pastor Bakare, Soyinka and others - your Oga will still be in the Kitchen preparing Kunu. How is the Palliatives, cabals, war on corruption, 36 Airports, Minimum Wage, Security - going?

Refresh your memory esu.

[img]http://babajidesalu.files./2012/01/tunde-bakare.jpg[/img]

[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=One_PROF_WOLE_SOYINKA__PASTOR_TUNDE_BAKARE_HON_FAROUK_AHMED_ALIYU_LEADING_OTHERS_DURING_THE_PROTEST_TO_NASS_YESTEDAY._4M9G8156_318173518.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by jmaine: 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2012
egift:

@jmaine:
You and your likes can bend the truth as you like, but the truth remains - if not for the efforts of the likes of Pastor Bakare, Soyinka and others - your Oga will still be in the Kitchen preparing Kunu. How is the Palliatives, cabals, war on corruption, 36 Airports, Minimum Wage, Security - going?

Refresh your memory esu.

Still reeks of total bulshyte . . Your conviction that the legislators were moved by the SNG political wing headed by Bakare is quite hilarious . . . . .if they could arm twist the legislators . . .as you said . . .what has happened to the mega allowance of the legislators . . .are the SNG blind to that as well . . .or are they only interested in their consistent failure to grab a pie of presidential powers

SNG political wing only aided Bakare at his ill fated shot and quest for the presidency . . . .he never liberated anyone cos he even failed at the court of public opinion . .which was the poll . . . .

Your dissenting and whining voices are simmering down drastically . . .as predicted . . . Whether your lots like it or not . . . We shall move forward . .and your crafty SNG group has been found out as a bunch of fake people masquerading for power . . .

Nuff of all this SNG liberation bullshyte talk . . .
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2012
I know as you keep sucking the JonaSambo feeding bottle, even events that happened right before our eyes can disappear. Do you remember how many times the Nation Executive Council meeting could not hold because the Dollie have no say in the scheme of things.

I your mind, its the evil bargain Jonathan had with the "cabals" rescued him.

jmaine:
Your conviction that the legislators were moved by the SNG political wing headed by Bakare is quite hilarious . . . . .if they could arm twist the legislators . . .as you said . . .what has happened to the mega allowance of the legislators . . .are the SNG blind to that as well

For you if Jonathan is turning a blind eyes to the massive corruption in his government (his wife cooking N1.3billion Egusi soup daily), it is those on the sideline that will come and "arm-twist" his gang of looters?

Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by jmaine: 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2012
egift: I know as you keep sucking the JonaSambo feeding bottle, even events that happened right before our eyes can disappear. Do you remember how many times the Nation Executive Council meeting could not hold because the Dollie have no say in the scheme of things.

I your mind, its the evil bargain Jonathan had with the "cabals" rescued him.

For you if Jonathan is turning a blind eyes to the massive corruption in his government (his wife cooking N1.3billion Egusi soup daily), it is those on the sideline that will come and "arm-twist" his gang of looters?

so it took you this long to accept your folly that those on the sidelines consisting of the Fake masquerades called SNG cant arm twist the legislators into any positive action . . . . In that case your consistent tripe about SNG being that saviour is absolutely false and a manifestation of a deep illusive plague affecting sorry souls seeking for prominence where there is none . . .

SNG, the masquerading fake saviours can't make the NASS to move an inch . . .the NASS simply moved to install GEJ . .so as to preserve their positions against the threat of a military intervention . . . . .

Emitting Dayokanu Shyte doesnt confer on it any validity . .it only exposes how gullible and desperate folks can get to sound relevant and important . . . .

And btw, she has been sworn it . . .and i wish her "Goodluck" in her reign in Malawi . . .
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by juman(m): 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2012
Fantastic. Congrats to the woman. She is now the president.

God has shamed OBJ-like men in that country.

1 Like

Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2012
@jmaine:
It seems after posting something - you get to forget it. "Arm-twisting" who said it - you. Even when I made reference to that falsehood, I put it in "quotes". Either you are very old or childish.

While I congratulate Madam President, I hope she utilize this opportunity in serving her people and not doing like ours that ended up becoming the leader of the cabals, implementing half-baked "subsidy removal" policy, shield terror sponsors, housing militants, arm-twisting elections, even forcing candidates to step aside, smooth-talking us, honouring a failed Police Inspector, soliciting church donation from a government contractor, etc.
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2012
Having been in the corridor of power since 1999 - Tell us what Mr. President have started and completed as an accomplishment?
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by jmaine: 8:09pm On Apr 07, 2012
egift: @jmaine:
It seems after posting something - you get to forget it. "Arm-twisting" who said it - you. Even when I made reference to that falsehood, I put it in "quotes". Either you are very old or childish.

Your attempt at dressing up your falsehood is folly . .you said the SNG delivered him (GEJ) from the shackles of the cabal albeit Turai Kitchen . . .when you deliver a caged entity it involves a forceful process . .guess you write even before you think . .try another stunts . . .

egift: @jmaine:
While I congratulate Madam President, I hope she utilize this opportunity in serving her people and not doing like ours that ended up becoming the leader of the cabals, implementing half-baked "subsidy removal" policy, shield terror sponsors, housing militants, arm-twisting elections, even forcing candidates to step aside, smooth-talking us, honouring a failed Police Inspector, soliciting church donation from a government contractor, etc.

Discordant tunes that are only sung by the resident sulkers . . . the same sulking clan who can't see anything beyond their veil of frustrating hatred . . .The tide of Boko haram menace is simmering down and your likes who is secretly canvassing for their consistent onsluaght as a fodder to chew upon are not happy . . even your recent ACN church noise appears sillier by the day

egift: Having been in the corridor of power since 1999 - Tell us what Mr. President have started and completed as an accomplishment?

Stale whines . . .he is the president and there is absolutely no amount of whining and tears of despair of losing the polls can't change it . . .

next time . .don't come giving us that Bullshyte that GEJ owes his presidency to the SNG . . .that is falsehood
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2012
I may not have all the time to be here deliberating your spins. So to just keep the slat decent, here are my position on these issues.
1. I congratulate Madam Joyce Banda for the opportunity before her to serve the people of Malawi as President.
2. I hope she utilize this opportunity to improve the lives of her people and develop her country. And not to act like ours that have become the leader of the gang of looters that have "chained" the development of Nigeria and is doing everything to keep the giant asleep.
3. On Bakare: It is undisputed fact that the pressure, efforts, and protest by Bakare, Soyinka and others played a lead role in ensuring Oga Presido was not only made Acting President or remained locked out.

Therefore, President Jonathan owe it as a responsibility to defend the interest of the Nigerian masses rather than side with corrupt elites who have looted this nation blind.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/402648_if_it_comes_to_this_jpg0608f0b57a6772a016e668b8c009ad5f

Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by Beaf: 9:17pm On Apr 07, 2012
@egift
Tell GEJ to come and beg/worship you nau, just because you demonstrated.

What a ridiculous plonker. angry
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2012
For those who hope to we should forget and have them bend the truth - Fact is, Nigerians marched the streets to ensure this nation moves forward - and will again if need be. God bless Nigeria cool

[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=enough_is_enough_613695613.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by Beaf: 9:24pm On Apr 07, 2012
^
Thats right; Nigerians marched, not your phucking Bakare.
We marched for our rights, not to reward anybody and certainly not because of your phucking Bakare.
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2012
Beaf: @egift
Tell GEJ to come and beg/worship you nau, just because you demonstrated.

What a ridiculous plonker. angry

Anu Nkita, all we want is for him to do his job, get result, stop giving excuses and prosecute those looting the treasury and funding terror.
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2012
We do not want this type of development below, to continue. grin

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/327619[/img]
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by jmaine: 9:49pm On Apr 07, 2012
Egift has gone overboard . .make we no dey hear that bakare SNG nonsense again . . .
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by Beaf: 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2012
egift:

Anu Nkita, all we want is for him to do his job, get result, stop giving excuses and prosecute those looting the treasury and funding terror.

Dude, kill yourself waiting for people to pay obeisance to your false prophet.
Please allow me to shed some tears for you by the bucket or two:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2012
^^^
Its nice to see people you still have a heart for this nation.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2012

Since then till now, the "liver" problem still persist.
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by jmaine: 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, kill yourself waiting for people to pay obeisance to your false prophet.
Please allow me to shed some tears for you by the bucket or two:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The pretencious crying ever failing general
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2012

Mr. I-No-Sabi shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Joyce Declared Illegible For Malawi Presidency. by egift(m): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
Fresh Air grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan On Who Wants To B̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣ A Millionaire / What Does AMNESTY Mean? / Terrorist Attack In South London Near Military Baracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.