Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Gov. Orji And Road Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Orji And Road Projects (1065 Views)

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Residents Chase David Mark's Contractor Handling Road Projects Away / T.A Orji And Mr Alex Otti: Good Old Days (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Orji And Road Projects by emindu: 8:41am On Apr 07, 2012
SIR: Aba people may not be that ‘myopic’ to the good and laudable developmental projects of the Governor, Chief T. A. Orji in Abia State. If we have any personal cause to hate Chief T. A. Orji, we should at least applaud him for the long-abandoned Ohanku Road and Falks Road/Ukwu-Mango-Ariaria International Market projects, which he had reconstructed, and which now makes movement easier for the people of Aba and the neighbouring states doing businesses at the Ariaria International Market. The market alone is a revenue generating machinery for the state.His (the governor’s) situation calls for prayer at least to open the eyes of the people, and to see good reasons why they should give kudos to this great governor of our times. I was opportuned to personally watch the commissioning of some big projects at Aba by the governor last weekend, among which included the Ariaria-Ukwu-Mango Road, which hitherto was a mighty ocean that had remained impassable to both pedestrians and motorist, and at the same time harbouring dangerous reptiles and mosquitoes (vectors to malaria sickness).Also commissioned was the Pedestrian bridge constructed in front of the Abia State Polytechnic, Aba. This area because of the inherent beehives of activities that go on there had claimed several lives of both the students and non-students through accidents. During this period, the great governor had also commissioned other numerous projects in Abia State, such as the Nkpa Road, Amuhia Road, Nkata Umukabia Road, East/Danfodio Road, Aba, the ongoing Carting away of mounts of refuse dumped inside the Aba Big-gutter that traverses the School Road/New Market down the waterside. At last Aba has been rid of the cobwebs, and can see clearly.SEE LINKS http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82401:gov-orji-and-road-projects&catid=77:letters&Itemid=613
Re: Gov. Orji And Road Projects by chiozor: 10:20am On Apr 07, 2012
U are a big fool.u think every Abians is sily as u are!grow up dude
Re: Gov. Orji And Road Projects by 1virus(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2012
How can a sane human b praising a man that biuld a Pedestrian bridge for 6yrs and still comission it without shame. @op, pls bring orji to lagos and c what gorvernance and development means. Now am worried about my ABIA more than ever cos our ppl has lost it, this man JUJU is realy working 4 him.
Re: Gov. Orji And Road Projects by chiozor: 11:56am On Apr 07, 2012
I tell u. The idiotic poster has tied his miserable future to stalk of curses!so pathetic and low life!go to Imo State and see goverance to bury u fucking heads in shame.anu ofia!
Re: Gov. Orji And Road Projects by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2012
chiozor: I tell u. The idiotic poster has tied his miserable future to stalk of curses!so pathetic and low life!go to Imo State and see goverance to bury u fucking heads in shame.anu ofia!

^^^Take am easy abeg. E neva reach 'anuofia' levels.
Re: Gov. Orji And Road Projects by charlesnwa(m): 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2012
@EMINDU pls do not mind them. @chiozor, 1virus: why use such uncouth language in addressing your fellow man? He is entitled to his opinion and i sincerely do not see anything wrong in lauding the achievements of our political leaders whether govs, senators, etc. in terms of infrastructural development. This is a dividend of democracy. I would like to ask is it better if those roads, pedestrian bridge, etc. were not constructed. We must make constructive criticisms if we want our leaders to take us seriously. If there has been infrastructural decay over the years and the govt decided to give a facelift to thoe areas, the best we can do is appreciate the efforts while demanding more.

If you live in Aba, you will understand why these projects mean much to the residents. Mind you governance is not about noise making. ENOUGH of the sentiments!!!
Re: Gov. Orji And Road Projects by chiozor: 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2012
All u tutsi cockroach in Abia,just get ready for the change-raid coming soon.TA Orji and his acolyte should bury head in shame.non of d project mentioned ever existed!I challenge d OP to get pixs evidence!this is d height of political brigandage!
Re: Gov. Orji And Road Projects by qualified(f): 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2012
@op, u are a very stupid n clueless sychophant. I challenge u to post genuine pix of d claimed projects above. Aba is in a pitiable state. Ur said governor was not even in Aba 4 d supposed commissioning. People in Aba already bought sachet water that they would ve thrown him. Dont 4get he was booed during Ojukwu's burial in Aba. He swore to let d state rot, esp Aba. B4 u respond to my post, pls visit Aba, go round d city. IRMC
Re: Gov. Orji And Road Projects by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHI-z1Gx0-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5On2bz6Rxc

This is a youtube video (top one) of one of the roads in Aba he recently commissioned undecided. Second video is one of Owerri, constructed by Ohakim, and you can see (close to) the standard of how township roads should be (it would have been perfect with sidewalks and underground drainage).

I wonder, when Orji goes abroad on one of his (numerous) visits, doesn't he see the standard of roads constructed, so he can replicate same in his state? Even sef, never mind abroad- can't he borrow a leaf from the standard/quality of roads being constructed in Akwa Ibom and Rivers just next door?
Re: Gov. Orji And Road Projects by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2012
And these are some RURAL (not even urban shocked ) roads constructed by Akpabio in Akwa Ibom.

Pics are courtesy of dnaijaguy @ skyscrapercity.com

(1) (Reply)

Bukoharam Money Making Opportunity! / Subsidy Fraud: Names Of 25 Indicted Companies Revealed / Patience Jonathan Recieves Doctorate Degree (in Absential)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.